More Reviews
REVIEWS InFamous: First Light Review
Sony’s open-world action game gets new life with a blast from Sucker Punch who’ve got a story dedicated to neon-powered Fetch and her brother.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorne Review
This reminds me of a puzzle... OBJECTION!
More Previews
PREVIEWS Fenix Rage Preview
I died. And I died again. Died again. Again and again. Again. Again. Why Do I Love This So Much?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the X-mans.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and me both on a sunday night, Buddy...

...oh wait you mean the movie? Huh... Carry on...
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Days of Future Past was indeed awesome. If the X-Men movies were Batman films I would compare them as such.

X-Men - Batman
X2 - Batman Returns
The Last Stand - Batman Forever
Wolverine: Origins - Batman and Robin
First Class - Batman Begins
Days of Future Past - The Dark Knight

You feel me?
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Wolverine: Origins is compared to Batman and Robin.

It's funny because it's true.

I feel you WickedLiquid. I feel you.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Godzilla. Really enjoyed the Kaiju fights. The godzilla monster was awesome. The destruction of the various cities was also pretty great.

However, I thought the story was a bit.... meh. They really tried to come up for good explanations for the Kaiju, and for why Godzilla was so interested in killing the other ones, but it just seemed like they tried too hard, and it came off as kind of ridiculous.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
NovaKnight21

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last movie I saw was Disney's Atlantis. Last movie I saw in theaters was The Lego Movie. The best thing Will Ferrell has done since Stranger Than Fiction.
C_nate

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family wanted to see Maleficent so we went and saw it in 3D. Normally I am not a fan of 3D but it lent itself well to the fantasy type setting. It gave the backgrounds n such a dreamlike type quality to it.

As for the movie itself, it is supposed to be a retelling or re-imagining of Sleeping Beauty, but if you didn't know that going in to the movie you'd have no idea because the character of Sleeping Beauty doesn't show up for a good, almost half the movie. The movie focuses on Angelina Jolie's character starting from young child to grown adult.

It's typical Disney story telling where everything is pretty black n white. Good people are good and bad people are bad for no reasons or motivations. Jolie is the only character allowed to have any arc to their progression.

So to wrap up: Weak story, impressive visuals and the kids liked it.

2.5/5
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^going to watch this tonight even after that rating. I hope it isn't disappointing.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin, followed by Mulan.

Went to my friend's place last night for a birthday party and just watched Disney movies.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

Ever since Paul Walker died, I've heard Fast and the Furious this, Fast and the Furious that. I figured if I'm ever going to catch up on the franchise spoiler free, I might as well do it now. I'd caught the first two last year, finally streamed the third earlier tonight. I'll probably shotgun 4 and 5 tomorrow, and got 6 set to record off of HBO.
NovaKnight21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:

Ever since Paul Walker died, I've heard Fast and the Furious this, Fast and the Furious that. I figured if I'm ever going to catch up on the franchise spoiler free, I might as well do it now. I'd caught the first two last year, finally streamed the third earlier tonight. I'll probably shotgun 4 and 5 tomorrow, and got 6 set to record off of HBO.

Fast and Furious 5 has one scene in it that makes no sense in terms of logic, it frustrates me so bad. It's a scene during the chase near the end and I just.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleficent

4/5

A good watch. I liked the story, and the characters. Saw it at 10pm showing to hopefully get the kiddies out of the theater, but they did indeed like it - and their laughter is contagious. As for me, a 29 yr old boy, I enjoyed it as well. Used my gf as an excuse to buy a ticket. Amazing avatar meets Noah visuals.

Its interesting that you saw everything in black/white nate. I didn't see it that way. All characters were conflicted, but its a story thats supposed to be teaching you that temporary greed/desires will ruin your life in the long run.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
used44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovaKnight21 wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Fast and Furious 5 has one scene in it that makes no sense in terms of logic, it frustrates me so bad. It's a scene during the chase near the end and I just.

That's the beautiful fun of Fast Five
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF movies are the kind of movies you just turn reason off for. It's not a documentary by Werner Herzog.

C_nate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
Maleficent

4/5

A good watch. I liked the story, and the characters. Saw it at 10pm showing to hopefully get the kiddies out of the theater, but they did indeed like it - and their laughter is contagious. As for me, a 29 yr old boy, I enjoyed it as well. Used my gf as an excuse to buy a ticket. Amazing avatar meets Noah visuals.

Its interesting that you saw everything in black/white nate. I didn't see it that way. All characters were conflicted, but its a story thats supposed to be teaching you that temporary greed/desires will ruin your life in the long run.

I guess I have a bad habit of overthinking things. It leads me to be nitpicky about things most people let slide. I try to keep it in check but sometimes I can't help myself.

The movie keeps with the tradition of using stories like this as a morality tale to teach a lesson. In this instance, the moral was being blinded by greed and ambition will lead to bad things as well as being consumed by the need for vengeance.

I'll try not to be too spolierific , but I will be discussing some plot points that I took issue with that kind of gnawed at me while I was watching. So if anyone else wants to see this still going in with a clean slate, just kind of skip over my post.

The characters seemed pretty one dimensional to me. The problem is the never go into the hows or whys. The old king hates the shit out of the magical people. Why? Just because?

The little boy grows up seemingly growing pretty fond of Angelina Jolie, then one day is just like, "Fuck her, I want to be the king." They never delve into why. Did he get drafted into the army or something? What caused what appeared to be a budding romance to suddenly just fizzle out?

So then we get to the part where Angelina Jolie shows up after the boy who became king has a kid and is having a christening and that alone should have raised a whole lot of questions from the other half dozen guys who were also trying to become king when they find out the current king more or less lied and cheated to get the throne.

Then after the baby is cursed, the king goes through all the trouble of having every single spinning wheel burned, broken, and thrown in a dungeon and what does he do after that? Send his tiny helpless infant baby away from his kingdom of walls and soldiers to a remote ass cabin in the middle of no where with no protection of any kind. Makes perfect sense to me!

And we never learn about the new king. Did he do what he did out of mercy? cowardice? Was he a selfish prick the entire time? He never even bothers to try an explain himself. He just devolves into a crazy asshole. That scene when he's walkin around pumping his arms in the air, I almost half expected him to shout, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

So yeah, I felt the characters were not really conflicted at all. They all felt one dimensional and flat against the three dimensional backgrounds.

Then I had to remind myself that I was not the target audience for that movie and just tried to enjoy the effects (which I did). Like I said, I didn't think it was a bad movie, but I didn't think it was that good either which is why I felt the middle score was fair.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maleficent! Not bad. Not good either. Can't really say much about it other than I thought the dude's betrayal and loyalty to the king made no sense. Great visuals and fantasy design.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That movie bob guy did say that The scene where she gets date drugged and loses her wings is a LOT like some sort of rape analogy. And after seeing it? Kinda feels that way seeing how Maleficient just doesn't care about other people's feeling until she hurts someone she loved. Not only that but as soon as she gets her wings back, she started to kick more butts. Like a victim who get her pride back after making the rapist suffer. So yeah, this is a chick revenge film where guys are cast aside as the one dimensional enemy (like the king) or inconvenience (like the prince charming who only had like... 5 lines). They could of done it better though so the entire third act was like a letdown for me.

But yeah, as a whole, the move wasn't special but at the same time it wasn't forgettable. Not by a long-shot. I really love the creature designs, that Myazaki world set and darn it, Angelina Jolie did a good role playing Maleficent! Stop comparing it to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkWYEtiQNjUsnow-white and the huntsman[/url] darn it!
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You watch Movie Bob?

Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch him and i met him, talked to him, shook his hands and exchanged online contact information. He's actually one of the most tolerant, funniest and bestest friends you can ask for who respect your different opinion without making a joke out of it.

...something you can learn to be better at. Oh wait it's too late for you cause you are not my friend...

Speaking of tolerance, gonna go watch Belle this week.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Treasure Planet on Blu-Ray (one of my favourite Disney movies) as well as Pokemon: Origins on DVD. Will hopefully be able to watch 'em tonight after that dinner conference thingo I have to attend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 103 of 111
Jump to: