More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Nosgoth Preview
What do you get when you mix vampires and vampire hunters? Three-on-three class-based combat in the Legacy of Kain universe.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14


LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15903

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
He's actually one of the most tolerant, funniest and bestest friends you can ask for

You have friends?



Anyway, I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past again. Fantastic film. Though it needs a three minute scene in the beginning that spells things out for the audience a bit more, because I had to explain everything about the time travelly parts (why she can do that, why they don't send him back earlier, etc).

Besides that, it was great.

4.5/5
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
GiftedMonkey
Very Special Forces


Joined: 10 Jul 2001
Posts: 4853

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit: The Desolation of Schmaug.



Seriously, The Hobbit movies are to the Lord of the Rings movies as the Prequel Trilogy is to the Original Trilogy.
_________________
Less talk, more monkey!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15903

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the first Hobbit movie a lot.

But the second one was so slow and boring that I can agree with that.

I'm not even a big Lord of the Rings fan, too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9788

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it over the weekend and it was not my favorite. Scenes were just overly long.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9788

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter Mitty on the other hand was pretty fantastic.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15903

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I had never seen it before and was told many times that it is amazing. I suppose because when you're with other people it becomes entertaining instead of dull as fuck. Which is the equivalent of saying "Medal of Honor may be a piece of shit game, but it's great with friends!" I understand it is important, but it must just be one of those movies meant for a certain kind of person. That person being not me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paradox
Up for group


Joined: 19 Mar 2002
Posts: 5623

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky Horror is cool.

Just finished Fast Five. Saw the mid-credits scene and was like, whaaa!? Number six is on the docket tomorrow for sure.
_________________
We are Groot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3245

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past. Really loved it, and was a great way to erase the travesty that was X3: The Last Stand.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3550

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her

Great movie. Even OS's gonna sloot.


4/5
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3245

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Edge of Tomorrow. Really enjoyed it. Might be my movie of the summer, honestly. Cruise and Blunt are fantastic together, and the plot moves along really well. 4.5/5
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3550

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Just saw Edge of Tomorrow. Really enjoyed it. Might be my movie of the summer, honestly. Cruise and Blunt are fantastic together, and the plot moves along really well. 4.5/5


even tho cruise is a psychopath. he is fantastic with anyone on screen.

excited to see this movie.



wanna see willow creek too though
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3245

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Just saw Edge of Tomorrow. Really enjoyed it. Might be my movie of the summer, honestly. Cruise and Blunt are fantastic together, and the plot moves along really well. 4.5/5


even tho cruise is a psychopath. he is fantastic with anyone on screen.

excited to see this movie.



wanna see willow creek too though


Oh, totally. He's a very gifted actor. Best character development he's had in quite some time. Him and Blunt are very convincing together.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3550

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willow creek


i love found footage scary movies still..

this one is literally shot for shot the blair witch project except with big foot. blair witch is still probably my favorite scary movie of all time though. so can't overly complain.

that said, was greatly disappointed considering how great the reviews have been for a a found footage movie. I figured it would be incredible.

definitely creepy though. the build up wasn't long enough, i think was the main fault.

7/10
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3689

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw edge of tomorrow. It's a movie where when you and your buddy will walk out of the film, you'll have to sit down at a bar and draw some timeline on a piece of paper to figure out what the heck happened.
I mean in Groundhog day you follow the repeating timeline of ONE person's point of view. In this one is like... a bunch of them.

Then comes the ending spoilers at first i was confused at the end but apparently, from what i gathered, the loop reset to when Rita got her powers back and this time she constantly reseted her day till she found out a way to destroy the Omega in the previous battle long before she met cage. It took me a long while to realize this is what happened. I also love all the nods and reference to the original manga like how Rita asks Cage if she got something on her face or when they pointed out that someone in the crew "stole" a person's name (which normally was Rita).

In the end, i recommend this movie. I won't call it the best film of the year, that movie is reserved for The grand budapest hotel. But it did give me a good new perseption for Tom cruise. This could be his ticket to regain his action film acting ability again.
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5mRvkAePU
De-Ting wrote:
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus-Crime
bananable


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1069

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Edge of Tomorrow.


Review time:
0/5!
Believe (or don't believe) the hype, it sucks!
This way you won't see it. But you weren't planning on seeing it anyway. And 22 Jump Street is right around the corner, so save your money for that. Or buy Watch_Dogs!

mmm..yeah. I like it when I get to keep a few A+ titles for my very own, cough, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

OR

You can just trust the reviews already written.

Love how it has a bit of "box office bomb" stank, but still gets the "indie love" from the reviews going on.
Best of all it stars Tom Cruise. Can't lose with the Cruise, man. It's somehow a bit of a sleeper, which is pretty damn ridiculous all things considered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3245

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
Saw Edge of Tomorrow.


Review time:
0/5!
Believe (or don't believe) the hype, it sucks!
This way you won't see it. But you weren't planning on seeing it anyway. And 22 Jump Street is right around the corner, so save your money for that. Or buy Watch_Dogs!

mmm..yeah. I like it when I get to keep a few A+ titles for my very own, cough, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

OR

You can just trust the reviews already written.

Love how it has a bit of "box office bomb" stank, but still gets the "indie love" from the reviews going on.
Best of all it stars Tom Cruise. Can't lose with the Cruise, man. It's somehow a bit of a sleeper, which is pretty damn ridiculous all things considered.


You really didn't like it at all?
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6718

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys don't be afraid to make a new thread for Edge of Tomorrow. This thread is for non-spoiler talk only.

Thanks.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3689

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Optimus-Crime wrote:
Saw Edge of Tomorrow.


Review time:
0/5!
Believe (or don't believe) the hype, it sucks!
This way you won't see it. But you weren't planning on seeing it anyway. And 22 Jump Street is right around the corner, so save your money for that. Or buy Watch_Dogs!

mmm..yeah. I like it when I get to keep a few A+ titles for my very own, cough, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

OR

You can just trust the reviews already written.

Love how it has a bit of "box office bomb" stank, but still gets the "indie love" from the reviews going on.
Best of all it stars Tom Cruise. Can't lose with the Cruise, man. It's somehow a bit of a sleeper, which is pretty damn ridiculous all things considered.


You really didn't like it at all?

It's called Poe's law, nick. Poe's law.
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5mRvkAePU
De-Ting wrote:
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6718

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
Hey guys don't be afraid to make a new thread for Edge of Tomorrow. This thread is for non-spoiler talk only.

Thanks.


Also I saw a couple movies.





Million Dollar Arm
Don Draper meets Slumdog Millionare. I enjoyed it because Jon Hamm is awesome but it's full off cheesy feel-good Disney moments. Worth a rent if you're in the mood for something uplifting. Think Cool Runnings but instead of a Jamacian Bobsled team it's Indian baseball players.

Maleficent
As good as can be expected. It was an interesting take on the Sleeping Beauty tale and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hard to turn the villian into a likeable protagonist but surprisingly they were able to accomplish it.

Godzilla
Bryan Cranston. That is all. Everything else was just disappointing.


I want to see A Million Ways to Die in the West but I've heard terrible things. I'd rather see 22 Jump Street.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1600

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Treasure Planet the other night on Blu-Ray. Good, underrated film. Smile
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 104 of 111
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum