More Reviews
REVIEWS LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.

This War of Mine Review
Nobody wins.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.

Nintendo Download November 2014 - Updating Each Week
If you've got credit on Nintendo's digital eShop service or expect to receive a gift card this holiday season, start making your list with our weekly updates.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Pacific Rim at the cinema last night.

The computer graphics were completely awesome and the fights between the giant robots and the monsters were great. That being said, the storyline itself wasn't that great, the writing and general characterisation were pretty average too.

With Pacific Rim, you don't watch it for its compelling storyline. You watch it to see giant robots and giant monsters kick the crap out of each other.
Ivory_Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and saw Despicable Me 2 with my fiancee today. Pretty disappointed. It was just an unnecessary movie all together. The only funny parts were when the Minions and the girls were on screen. Wendy was a very awkward character to watch and pretty unlikable. The villain (El Macho) was terrible and the whole Mexican Luchador thing was overdone. I honestly didn't laugh all that much, just a few chuckles.

I also have to mention the previews. What in God's name is being put in front of kids these days? Where's the witty and smart dialog? Where's the great stories and morals at the end of cartoons? I saw a preview for The Lego Movie...holy crap what a nightmare that was to see. Turbo...snails racing real life race cars? Completely ridiculous and nothing in the preview was remotely funny, they're trying too hard. How about Planes? Not a single thing in the preview was funny or witty.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I'm interested in the Lego movie. Not enough to see it in theaters, but I think it will be a good Redbox rental. But Planes? Really? No thanks. As for Turbo...

UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the name for the trailer "Turbo." I wasn't thinking it would be about snails. I was thinking it about be about...Turbo-Tastic!
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Linings Playbook

Once in awhile I miss out on an amazing movie and this was one of em. Bradly Cooper was phenomenal and Robert De Niro reminded me of my late grandfather so much it was creepy. Jennifer Lawerence was terrific although she got a bit annoying during her speech that sets up the third act, and Chris Tucker was hilarious.

Cooper's best friend reminded me of a good friend of mine who is also married to a shallow woman and Lawerence kind of reminded me of an ex. It's scary how I could relate to this movie minus the whole craziness from Cooper.

INB4 but you are crazy.

Great fucking movie!
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacific Rim

The acting was a little sub-par, the lead character looked like Zach Braff and that tripped me out the whole time, and the story was a bit predictable.

Besides that, outstanding film. Considering mechs are about as badass as it gets, who doesn't love a giant mech movie?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a bunch of free Red Box rentals about to expire so I've watched a lot of movies lately.

The Great and Powerful Oz. What a laughable piece of trash. I don't know if it was just overacting or terrible dialogue writing but my God I couldn't sit through it. I shut it off within like 15 minutes. I wish I could get a refund on my free rental. On par with Cloud Atlas 0/10

Gangster Squad. I liked it way more than I thought I would. Was kinda predictable but still fun to watch. I usually don't like Sean Penn but I thought he was fantastic in that role. 8/10

Lastly, in anticipation of the new Evil Dead being released and on my roommates recommendation I watched the original. It was absurd bloody good fun. Can't wait to see the new one.

Tonight I'll be watching Jack the Giant Slayer and the new Evil Dead.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drathbone wrote:
Gangster Squad. I liked it way more than I thought I would. Was kinda predictable but still fun to watch. I usually don't like Sean Penn but I thought he was fantastic in that role. 8/10

That movie was way better than it had any right to be.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. I might have to check out Pacific Rim this weekend.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Ivory_Soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried watching Lincoln last night. After 30 minutes I turned it off. Literally nothing happened for 30 minutes. People who's names are never mentioned talking about random politics, Lincoln had maybe 10 lines. It was just so dry and dull. I normally like these kind of movies, I loved J.Edgar, but it just never picked up.
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went a little bit of a movie spree in a week

Saw Grown Ups 2 with the family because they wanted to see basically if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this on

Went and saw The Conjuring it was decent and enjoyable much better scary movie than I have seen lately but I still enjoyed Sinister much more

To put the icing on the cake saw Pacific Rim and gotta say I loved it. The acting was decent and the plot predictable but I loved the action scenes I mean its giant robots vs giant monsters whats not to like?
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner37 wrote:
Saw Grown Ups 2 with the family because they wanted to see basically if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this on

...wait someone DID enjoy the first one?
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.

Last edited by Lien on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw RED 2 with my parents. Pretty good, lots of funny lines.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
drathbone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Jack the Giant slayer. It was about as meh as I think Nicholas Hoult is as an actor. There were some cool action cenes but it mostly dragged on and wasnt very engaging. Hansel and Gretel was definitely better as far as the fairy tale movies go so far. 4/10

Also saw the New Evil dead. It was pretty awesome, bloody, freaky and I think it did the 1980's one justice. Definitely see it if your a fan of the original or just like gorefest horrors. Also watch the entire credits for a treat. 9/10
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw World War Z with friends. I made my friend see Man of Steel with me and he said the next time we go, he was choosing. He chose that film. He was going for RIPD, because he saw James Hong holding a banana and that was his only reason why he wanted to see. The CGI zombies infecting places very fast was kinda neat, but it just felt like another zombie movie.
Very Special Forces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's A Disaster

Four couples meet up for their monthly brunch. New relationships are forming, and old ones are dissolving, and things get awkward and uncomfortable really fast. Oh, and then there's some sort of mysterious attack on the city, and our diners have to seal themselves in a home to survive the deadly effects of toxic gas.

It's a witty and sometimes kind of scary dark comedy about the way relationships work and people react in life-or-death situations. I liked it a lot. If you like dark humor, you will too.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched The Wolverine. I didn't see much wrong with it. I recommend it to anyone who's seen the 3 X-Men movies.

o--(^-^)--o
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all three you mean x-men 1, 2 and first class... right? Riiiiight?

You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-III was United. First Class is a prequal to the first three movies, which are what I was talking about.

o--(^-^)--o
Ivory_Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
X-III was United. First Class is a prequal to the first three movies, which are what I was talking about.

Can't wait to see it. Origins was freaking fantastic, but I heard this one isn't as good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 79 of 115
Jump to: