More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Final Fantasy Type-0 Preview
Sitting down with producers behind this fan-demanded Final Fantasy game helped to put the franchise in perspective before fans play the game on PS4 and Xbox One.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What was the last movie you watched?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drathbone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Crime wrote:
Saw Gravity in 3D,,,, Also sprang for the Dbox seats which "floated" along in time with the characters making for a great added touch.

Can you aware me on this? Is it similar to "4d" shows at theme parks?

used44 wrote:
Ha. This exact thing happened to me when I read GL's notification. I still want to see it.

I've already forgotten about it so I'll be good lol
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, don't get fooled by the trailers. This isn't an action pack Hollywood film where the crew members being led by tom Hanks are heroically pushing back Somalian pirates with orchestral music. This is a survivor film with long moments of silence and face staring. [ Also the majority of the film time is set in the lifeboat, not the transport ship. ]. Captain Phillips is an incredible film that shows a very human side of the Alabama hijacking from both the crew and the pirate's perspective. Half the film is spoken in English while the other half is in Somalian and trust me, the Somalian acting is really something. That Barkhad Abdi guy? The dude who played the pirate leader? He pretty much came close to steal the film from tom Hawks. I can picture him getting the oscar for this even though he only spoke in Somalian and broken English.
What i really like about the film as well is how the four pirates aren't showed as veiled random terrorist cell crazies that constantly spew words of hate like that (crappy and racist) true lies film. They are shown as skinny, hungry and tired late teenagers who pretty much trembles from exhaustion as they aim their Ak-47 on the crew members with that scared look on their dirty face. Compare them to the well fed and buffed up navy seals when they are gearing up later in the film and you really realize how desperate those pirates were. I swear to god, i was kinda rooting for those poor slobs by the end even though i wanted the captain to stay safe more so.
But still, Tom hawks as the a-hole captain turned silent hostage was incredible. For the entire film he pretty much stayed calm even after one of the pirates pretty much beats him down to a pulp when they thought he lied to them. For the entire film i was thinking "Man there's no way someone can stay calm like an action film hero" and yet... at the end of the film... [ After he gets rescued and witness the Somalians get sniped down by the navy seals right before his eyes, he gets treated for his bruises and he just... starts sobbing like a kid constantly asking the doctor if he really was safe. And by crying i really mean like really crying, like chocking up and unable to pronounce words. He pretty much finally let all that built up fear get to him and i gotta be honest, i cried in the theater with him ].

Gotta say, I'm never gonna watch a hostage situation in a film the same way ever again. There's no way the hostage will jump into the cop's arm right after the bad guy who was holding the gun against him got shot in the head. It's impossible, those dudes would be more traumatize then anything.
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot of that film doesnt interest me, but the fact that it's Tom Hanks is the only thing that makes me want to watch it.

I watched Source Code the other day - good fucking film. The intruigue levels were through the roof.
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
The plot of that film doesnt interest me, but the fact that it's Tom Hanks is the only thing that makes me want to watch it.

I watched Source Code the other day - good fucking film. The intruigue levels were through the roof.

I have yet to see Source Code but the fact that Duncan Jones is directing Warcraft and Moon was so spectacular and Source Code got such great reviews, I'm pretty excited.

4 out of 5.

I really enjoyed this movie. It was highly entertaining and also refreshing to go back and watch something that wasn't so over the top with wire fighting. Old school Gordon Liu had a certain charisma about him and his skills are without debate. It felt a little slow around the 3rd act but it picked up again and found it's footing. I do wish there was an extra 5-10 minutes tacked on as an epilogue but it was a great film nonetheless.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.5 out of 5

What I liked: Violent, lots of action, hard hitting film.

What I didn't like: A little heavy handed, overly patriotic, took itself too seriously.

If you're in the mood for a violent action film where Gerard Butler isn't talking in a bad N.Y accent for once, give it a go. Just be prepared for more patriotism than a Roland Emmerich Film.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna see Thor tomorrow morning in IMAX. Will report back.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enders Game. I love this book series and it was one of those things I never expected to see live action. The age change was alright with me. The only other way it would've worked was if it was CGI. But the fact that the mind game made it in and just how cool the Battle Room ended up looking sold me.

Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drathbone wrote:
Chris_Crime wrote:
Saw Gravity in 3D,,,, Also sprang for the Dbox seats which "floated" along in time with the characters making for a great added touch.

Can you aware me on this? Is it similar to "4d" shows at theme parks?

Yes!

PS: Please excuse the lateness of my reply.
NecroWolf
Usually Wrong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460811/

Elf Bowling, the movie. Yes, it exists. I found this randomly on the internet.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Grandpa, which was hilarious, but terrible.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Thor: The Dark World again. Really enjoyed it and loved the humour, special effects and action.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say, I had seen Ender's Game? 7/10 I guess. I don't know, I like the book a lot more especially since there's no bad child acting in that.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Gravity about aweek ago in IMAX. It was AWESOME! Got a bit weird in the middle, but the first 45 minutes were outstanding.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Catching Fire the other night, and I enjoyed it. I've never understood the Team Peeta losers, it's all about Team Gale.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of ridiculous, but in a good way. Would recommend (streaming on netflix now)

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched this for the second time. Fantastic foreign film, could not recommend it more. Plus it has Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) from Game of Thrones! It should be on Netflix instant still.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching Fire

It was surprisingly good for a teen girl movie. I never saw the first, so I did not care for the first hour and a half of love triangle bullshit, but the last hour was good.

Last edited by Longo_2_guns on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some moments in that movie were just perfectly played out. I've never read the book but boy did I feel horrified when dudes came and beat the shit out of her costume designer, right as she's going up the tube to near certain death. I mean, that shit was crazy.
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book can actually be very dark at times which made it bearable to read through all the lovey dovey crap
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That part was good, but it just seemed kinda weird to me. Like, why would the evil empire want to try and motivate her further by doing that right in front of her, rather than doing it later? I understand, it's a book for teenage girls, it doesn't have to be practical or have real human beings in it. And also all coal miners are super attractive, just an fyi.

I would give it a B- overall. I liked it, but I have no desire to watch it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 87 of 111
Jump to: