More Reviews
REVIEWS Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?

About Love, Hate, and the other Review
Simple feelings. Complex puzzles.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Magicka 2 Preview
How does that sing-along song go? "Magicka 2, Magicka 2, for the Playstation 4, and the PC, too..."
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15

LATEST FEATURES GameRevolution's Best of 2014 Awards
Here are all of the awards in one handy post.

The Airing of Grievances 2014
Happy Festivus! Get out your aluminum pole, and join us in one of the (made-up) holiday's annual traditions.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ME3 Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guernica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: ME3 Multiplayer Reply with quote

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/bioware-officially-details-mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-8857

There's the info you've all been waiting for! Might be pretty cool.... obviously it's optional so if you think multiplayer is bad for a ME game just don't play it.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also on our front page news feed--

Oh you already changed it Smile
Guernica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh my bad.... didn't see the post on front page or it wasn't there when I looked.
tinymhg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: ME3 Multiplayer Reply with quote

Guernica wrote:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/bioware-officially-details-mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-8857

There's the info you've all been waiting for! Might be pretty cool.... obviously it's optional so if you think multiplayer is bad for a ME game just don't play it.

." Apparently playing this multiplayer mode successfully will result in positive effects on the outcome in single-player." (From the front page article you linked to)

tinymhg wrote:
Bogus! The multiplayer should never affect a single play campaign.

cheesegod99 wrote:
I agree completely - it sounds like they are tacking on extra work to get the good ending! As someone who has a "perfect" ME1&2 save going... I don't want to have to play multiplayer to save the galaxy...

NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FAQ says you don't have to play the multiplayer to get the best possible result. It's just one possible way to get it.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
used44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the multiplayer is not adversarial, it's co-op missions? I'm totally cool with that. My guess is there's a big war at the end, and the co-op missions involve forming a group of custom soldiers and fighting skirmishes.
tinymhg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
The FAQ says you don't have to play the multiplayer to get the best possible result. It's just one possible way to get it.

Imo the multiplayer should never affect a single player campaign in anyway. Mad
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, it was obvious they were going to do this, even with Anthony not so subtly implying it a whole bunch. EA is trying to push multiplayer into every single one of their games. So yeah.

Really, though, this will take resources away from the single player, which was the main focus of the game until now, and alter it to just be a typical shooter. Go figure.

Regardless, here's the thing. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE SINGLEPLAYER SUCKS. Not after ME2, anyway, which was SO FAR OFF in the wrong direction that it all Mass Effect 3 can do is try to cover lost ground. I hope I don't have to explain myself, but if you need me to I can easily write out the failings of Mass Effect 2, especially in regards to plot.

Basically, though, despite the numbers at the end of them and the supposed connection, ALL three Mass Effect games were made to be stand alone.

So you know what? It doesn't matter if they add in multiplayer. In fact, why the hell not? The game has become little more than a Gears of War style corridor shooter with a speech wheel anyway.
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Really, though, this will take resources away from the single player

I'm pretty sure this won't be the case, since the multiplayer is being developed by a completely different studio.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
TheJx4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

I'm pretty sure this won't be the case, since the multiplayer is being developed by a completely different studio.

This.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

It will still take resources to make, and besides, now they have to rework things in the main story to shoehorn in the whole multiplayer aspect of it all.

I stand by everything I said.
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

It will still take resources to make, and besides, now they have to rework things in the main story to shoehorn in the whole multiplayer aspect of it all.

Did you read the statement? It's completely standalone from the singleplayer. It doesn't involve any characters from the singleplayer. It's an extra feature that has zero definite effect on the outcome of the game. Sure, resources are being used, but it's a different studio. It's not like the people who spent time on the last two games are spending any less time or effort on this one.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

Did you read the statement? It's completely standalone from the singleplayer. It doesn't involve any characters from the singleplayer. It's an extra feature that has zero definite effect on the outcome of the game. Sure, resources are being used, but it's a different studio. It's not like the people who spent time on the last two games are spending any less time or effort on this one.

So then what's the point of adding it in the first place?
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

So then what's the point of adding it in the first place?

Probably because EA demanded it. Or they thought it would add something to the game. I don't really know. I'm not currently working on the project, so don't blame me for it. I'm just going off of what Bioware is saying about it..

With an outside developer working on it (though it's technically just the new BioWare studio in Montreal), and the minimal effect on singleplayer, it really seems as though EA said, "Multiplayer, Naow!" and BioWare told them that they'd only do it if they didn't have to spend time on it or make it a big portion of the game.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So essentially it's Spec Ops for ME3?

NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
So essentially it's Spec Ops for ME3?

I guess. If you do well or something, you can have a positive effect on the single player campaign, but it isn't necessary to get the best ending. It's just one possible option to make that happen.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:

Quote:
Bioware has confirmed that Galaxy at War will effect Mass Effect 3's overall "Galactic Readiness" level. This measures Commander Shepard's "ability to apply every possible asset - people, weapons, resources, armies, fleets - in the final battle against the Reapers."

So they still have to find ways to push it into the singleplayer part.

Regardless, the big thing with multiplayer is it allows two things. One, to keep people from wanting to trade in the game and buy a used copy and two, allows EA to charge people an online "pass" to get more money from used sales. It's why they're pushing it into every game they have.

Even then, it's like I said in my first post, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It does not matter.

Why? Because no matter what, they have to build up from Mass Effect 2. And Mass Effect 2 has the plot equivalent of the Star Wars prequels. And really, considering even the first game was just a flashy shooter with some RPG, and 2 even less so, then it doesn't matter if they just make it into a gigantic online shooter. So really, since they've got no where to go but up as far as this goes (though they could go way down).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much data can be stored on one DVD? How much room does it take to store the multiplayer mode on the DVD? What gets cut if the multiplayer mode is too big to fit on the DVD, but is no where big enough to justify the cost of a second DVD?

The first two question I have no idea what the answers are. However I am pretty sure the answer to the third question is the single player campaign. If a multiplayer mode is included in a game that really doesn’t need a multiplayer mode, it is taking up space on the DVD that could have gone to more single player content.

NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Longo_2_guns wrote:

Games have something called a budget (Google it), even if there is another developer team making the multiplayer mode it all still has to be done under budget. EA isn’t going to throw money away. They have enough business savvy to “run the numbers” and “do the math,” and they know what the game will make with and without a multiplayer mode. My guess is the budget would be the same either way.
Guernica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite all the complaints I feel that this won't effect my decision to buy the game. It also won't change how I play the game. As long as the single player is there and in some capacity very in-depth I will play the shit out of it... I have a feeling that most people are in this group as well.

And maybe if I have no other games to play at the time and I have some friends playing online I might check it out too. But if it doesn't effect the game I want to play then I dunno why I'd play it over a better multiplayer game.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominate Guernica for TPS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: