More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Lara Croft and the Temple of Osi Preview
Lara Croft takes another crack at the isometric adventure, and this time she makes Egypt angry.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sniper Elite V2 [OT]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Sniper Elite V2 [OT] Reply with quote

"Vergib mir meine Führer. Ich habe keine hoden."

Release date : 4.5.2012
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Demo available for all.

New generic WW2 game to the already crowded shooter market? Or something with a little more personality?

Sniper Elite V2 is according to the developer an advanced sniping simulation with a devastating kill cam (Believe me, it really is).

Anyone else played the demo yet? I didn't know anything about this game and it didn't even sound promising, but god damn the demo was fun. I suggest that you try it out, even just for the kill cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkSjxud5Za0
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played the demo and actually thought about asking around for opinions. I enjoyed it, but I felt like I got respotted so easily. I played it once on whatever the regular difficulty is called and then followed it up with a Sniper Elite. Liked the bullet physics, it's not a great game but it definitely is taking it from a different perspective. I liked using the Focus to double check my shots and then I would just plow through everyone on that distance.

Fun game, maybe worth less than $60 down the road. My biggest detractor was the fact that the map is so linear. I almost wish that a sniper game would have a little less of a corridor feel. Maybe a couple more snipers hidden in the corners waiting for you to kill their friends so they can easily pick you off.

It was fun though...nothing as gratifying as shooting a guy and hear the PA-TUNG as it goes through his helmet. Kinda wish I could skip the kill cam. It's fun every other, but when you have 8 guys rushing you, you just want to get to the next guy. Hope they add a skip cue.
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Fun game, maybe worth less than $60 down the road. My biggest detractor was the fact that the map is so linear. I almost wish that a sniper game would have a little less of a corridor feel. .

My thoughts exactly. I hope the full game would have more open areas, so that you could really choose your approach. In the demo it was quite clear what they wanted you to do at any given situation.

It also seems to have an co-op mode. I wonder how that'll play out.
used44

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a budget title through and through. I want to try the demo though.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can shoot people and watch their testicles explode from your bullets in slow motion.

That's pretty much all you need to know to buy it.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it'll get real boring REAL fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: