More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Legend of Raven Preview
The spirit of Street Fighter III still lives in the heart of Legend of Raven.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14


LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fuck You George Lucas
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3168

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Daniel; still got my VHS copies and will only replace VI with it's spotty sound.
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StickyGreenGamer wrote:
It is his property, and therefore, his to do with as he pleases. I don't disagree with that, I strongly support his right to do that..


God, I've been attacked my so many Star Wars nerds for saying that.
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16053

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
Lethean wrote:
I'd definitely be up for watching RoTS in 3D. Hell just that awesome opening sequence alone would be worth it.

I'm sorry... but no... just no

In this mess of a CGI film, the opening got like100 things happens in the same time... THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT!

Seriously, everyone goes like "poof! we saved the chancellor and doku is dead!... so... Lakers tonight?" then bla bla politics, obi wan leaves Anakin alone with Padme for some random hijinks and then plot holes are covered up faster then anyone can say vader built C3PO. That film was a mess... a computer generic made mess with a horrid opening. Want a better film opening? watch the original one.


At least that one set the tone for an atmosphere: despair, empowerment by a greater force and shows the rebellion cause. This is proven right after when the first line of dialogues comes in. C3PO filled with confusion, the rebels are exasperated and THEN Vader walks in being badass. Remember that was the first time we see him. That bigger ship swallowing the smaller ship in the pic just above was just there to introduce Vader and the rebels, it sets the theme for the entire film. It's worth rewatching those 10 minutes all over and over again over and over again in it original splendor.

Now, the first line of dialogues episode 3? Just obiwan and anakin... doing a laurel and hardy sketch like they always do. And I guess they did a good job... cause that's what they do for the rest of the film.



And if you want a CGI opening that would be kickass in 3D... try casino royal. It'll be the trippiest thing you'll ever orgasm on!


You make it sound as though I've never seen the original trilogy or Casino Royale. Yes, the opening 20 minutes of RoTS are CGI filled but for pure action and entertainment? It worked. The opening scene in the ANH was also awesome and rivals RoTS but since Lucas, as far as I know, isn't rereleasing the original trilogy in 3D, I didn't mention ANY of the awesome scenes from the first three episodes such as the attack on Hoth, the destruction of the death star in ANH or the lightsaber battles in all three.

Just saying...It's Lucas' IP, If he wants to milk it for all it's worth, which he's doing, let him. Is it REALLY affecting you in any way besides a few advertisements for it? Just don't see it. Problem solved. It isn't like it's a film glamorizing rape and genocide. It's fucking Star Wars. Quit nerd raging Razz.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Lien wrote:
Lethean wrote:
I'd definitely be up for watching RoTS in 3D. Hell just that awesome opening sequence alone would be worth it.

I'm sorry... but no... just no

In this mess of a CGI film, the opening got like100 things happens in the same time... THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT!

Seriously, everyone goes like "poof! we saved the chancellor and doku is dead!... so... Lakers tonight?" then bla bla politics, obi wan leaves Anakin alone with Padme for some random hijinks and then plot holes are covered up faster then anyone can say vader built C3PO. That film was a mess... a computer generic made mess with a horrid opening. Want a better film opening? watch the original one.


At least that one set the tone for an atmosphere: despair, empowerment by a greater force and shows the rebellion cause. This is proven right after when the first line of dialogues comes in. C3PO filled with confusion, the rebels are exasperated and THEN Vader walks in being badass. Remember that was the first time we see him. That bigger ship swallowing the smaller ship in the pic just above was just there to introduce Vader and the rebels, it sets the theme for the entire film. It's worth rewatching those 10 minutes all over and over again over and over again in it original splendor.

Now, the first line of dialogues episode 3? Just obiwan and anakin... doing a laurel and hardy sketch like they always do. And I guess they did a good job... cause that's what they do for the rest of the film.



And if you want a CGI opening that would be kickass in 3D... try casino royal. It'll be the trippiest thing you'll ever orgasm on!


You make it sound as though I've never seen the original trilogy or Casino Royale. Yes, the opening 20 minutes of RoTS are CGI filled but for pure action and entertainment? It worked. The opening scene in the ANH was also awesome and rivals RoTS but since Lucas, as far as I know, isn't rereleasing the original trilogy in 3D, I didn't mention ANY of the awesome scenes from the first three episodes such as the attack on Hoth, the destruction of the death star in ANH or the lightsaber battles in all three.

Just saying...It's Lucas' IP, If he wants to milk it for all it's worth, which he's doing, let him. Is it REALLY affecting you in any way besides a few advertisements for it? Just don't see it. Problem solved. It isn't like it's a film glamorizing rape and genocide. It's f****** Star Wars. Quit nerd raging Razz.


What happens if I scan your QR code?
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casino Royale's opening in 3D?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG OH GOD I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG.

I would pay money for that. I wouldn't even need to see the rest of the movie in 3D, since I've seen it 10 times already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, it's NOT a bad thing to put these movies back in theaters. When I saw them as a kid in the 90s I was so overjoyed. It made me the nerd/geek/whatever I am today... but this is happening way too often.

The Phantom Menace was released in 1999. At least wait 20 years minimum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheJx4



Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 1120

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Look, it's NOT a bad thing to put these movies back in theaters. When I saw them as a kid in the 90s I was so overjoyed. It made me the nerd/geek/whatever I am today... but this is happening way too often.

The Phantom Menace was released in 1999. At least wait 20 years minimum.


That's like waiting for a game to get a re-release after 20 years.

I was 3, btw. Very Happy
_________________
Heath_Hindman wrote:
Also who is going to eat all of the sandwiches you make if there are no men. Tree falls in the woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:

lol, how dare i care about something from my childhood and hate a man for tinkering needlessly with it because of money and some senile misconception that he's perfecting it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
personally in the future if there happens to be some real revolutionary breakthrough in they way movies are viewed I wouldn't mind revisiting Star Wars. Like if movies somehow got mapped into this interactive mind first person POV thing - Star Wars would be awesome (and sad - seeing as how I will probably never see this in my lifetime.

This. Exactly. This is totally acceptable. The rereleases in the 90s were OK because, let's face it, there was a huge leap in computer technology while still retaining a semi-reliance on the miniatures that MADE the original films.

3D isn't a tech leap you can justify a remake with. It's just a buzz word people are willing to drop $4 extra on at the movie theater.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1804

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Or "updating it for the new generation"...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't really call it a buzzword. More a buzzconcept.

I remember when I went and saw it when I was a kid when it came back to theaters. The whole time I was asking my brother when the Death Star was going to blow up. I think I cheered when it did.


Oh, speaking of Star Wars, has anyone been on the new Star Tours? HOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT, it's awesome.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:
I was 3, btw. Very Happy

Holy fuck you were only 3 in 1999?!?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I wouldn't really call it a buzzword. More a buzzconcept.

Yeah basically what I was aiming for.
Longo wrote:
I remember when I went and saw it when I was a kid when it came back to theaters. The whole time I was asking my brother when the Death Star was going to blow up. I think I cheered when it did.

I totally fucking clapped at the end of each movie. They are an awesome childhood experience.
Longo wrote:
Oh, speaking of Star Wars, has anyone been on the new Star Tours? HOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT, it's awesome.

NO! BUT NOW I CAN'T WAIT. Think I'm going in the new year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tip. Go right when the park opens, get a fast pass, and then get right in line for it. And then ride it again in the afternoon. Every time you ride it it's completely different, so it'll be one of the star attractions for a few years.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how many variations? and does it vary by car or does each car change? HOW FUCKING PISSED WILL I BE IF IT'S THE SAME YOU WASTED A FAST PASS LONGO GODDAMIT I'M GOING TO KILL LUCAS THEN YOU AND THEN MICKEY MOUSE BECAUSE FUCK THAT RAT HAS LIVED LONG ENOUGH OMG WHY THE FUCK AM I YELLING PARADOX DO YOU HAVE A WITTY GRAPHIC FOR DISNEYLAND ANGER?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are around four parts each with four different possibilities, and they take parts from every single movie. Like, think of an action/vehicle scene from any Star Wars movie and it's in it. Even the bongo scene from Phantom, which was actually very well done.

And it's all random each time, so the odds of getting the exact same thing are low.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9786

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my friend sleeping overnight at the theater when the Phantom Menace came out and then we skipped school to go wait with him in line and bring him food and beverage. I remember watching the whole trilogy at his house the weekend before. It's an awesome memory, even if they didn't turn out great.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11555

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good memories yes.

I don't give a damn if he's re-releasing it in 3-D to be honest, he re-released the originals (with added shit but still.) and it was a good moment, something that my dad, who saw the original as an adult, thought he would never get to replicate.

I think the problem is he keeps "perfecting" things to the point where he needs to lay the hell off.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Paradox
Up for group


Joined: 19 Mar 2002
Posts: 5621

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
lol, how dare i care about something from my childhood and hate a man for tinkering needlessly with it because of money and some senile misconception that he's perfecting it


It wasn't meant as a jab, I just thought it was a funny pic to suit the conversation at hand.

I'm neutral on the whole re-releasing/re-doing thing. I have my box set DVDs I got years ago and thats all I need. Whatever stuff Lucas does with the films, I can just pop one of those discs in the player if I want to watch Star Wars.
_________________
We are Groot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum