More Reviews
REVIEWS Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset Review
Kingston's newest headset delivers comfort and quality without breaking the bank.

NES Remix 2 Review
DJ Nintendo is back with yet another remix of its iconic classic NES titles. Will the DJ be asked to put it on repeat? Or should this have been lost in the shuffle?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Skylanders Trap Team Preview
Don't worry, folks. Admiral Ackbar is all over this.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Release date: 05/20/14

Drakengard 3
Release date: 05/21/14

LATEST FEATURES Bandai Namco's Global Gamers Day Showcase
In Las Vegas, Ryan Bates and I poured through Bandai Namco's full catalogue of titles and learn what the publisher has in store this year.

The Gaming Charities at PAX East 2014
Pause your game and make a difference. Gamers can go beyond player two by helping many others with these charities.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best of GR: 2011 Finale!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Best of GR: 2011 Finale! Reply with quote

As another year goes by, we all have to sit in amazement and wonder that we put up with each other’s crap. Without further ado, I bring you the Best of GR: 2011!

Starting off this year, we have the Best New Poster award. This award goes to:
StickyGreenGamer
Congratulations! While everyone was new at one point and time, only a few can be called the best of their year. Shame you can never defend your title on this one, huh? Guess you have to start doing stuff other than joining!
Our runner up was NecroWolf, who lost by a whopping nine votes.

Next up we have the Best Returning Poster, which goes to:
KurtCobain94
What a great thing to come back to, and you can tell your child that the announcement of their conception won you this award. You can also tell them that you’re the real Kurt Cobain if you want to. I mean, they won’t be able to understand you either way!
Our runner up was Silios, who lost by four votes.

Coming up next is the Most Annoying Poster. This year’s winner is:
tinymhg
Nothing quite like being told that your posts cause users to pop blood vessels, dread your every word, and skip over you entirely quite like a shiny new award. Congratulations!
The runner up was madster111, who lost by one vote.

Up now is the Most Missed Poster award. This goes to:
StalfrosCC
Despite his occasional drop in, old Mikey is hardly seen around these parts anymore, which means we can say whatever we want about him and he’ll never know. Like making fun of the Amish! But we won’t, because we don’t want him to come by and then run off again, right? Right.
Second place winner was Ghosttrip, who lost by two votes.

On its way now is the Funniest Poster award. And the winner is:
BlackStar
What can be said about BlackStar that hasn’t been said before? The man is like Eddie Murphy or Martin Lawrence, only funny. And black. And not in a fat suit. Congratulations!
Our runner up was De-Ting, who lost by three votes.

Next up is the Most Helpful Poster. This year’s winner is:
WickedLiquid
Hey, way to go. You sure did help people with, uh, their stuff? Yeah, right. So congratulations! On an unrelated note, way to be hard to write jokes about. Keep it up!
Our runner up was Bretimus_v2, who lost by one vote.

And now we have the Least Helpful Poster. Our winner is:
madster111
Unlike lovable Wicked, you went out of your way to be unproductive, unhelpful, and a stick in the mud in a minefield that indicates nothing. Way to go.
Our second place winner is Uglykitten, who lost by five votes.

Next up we have the Most Respected Poster. The winner is:
used44
This igloo-dwelling blubber eater has earned much respect from the users (get it? Users? used?) of GR, or as his people call it, maize. Even though he has to post via binary smoke signals, he’s still managed to stay a strong part of the community, enough that people forgive his custom to cut hearts out and kick bodies down his pyramid, as is his custom. Congratulations!
The runner up was Bretimus_v2, who lost by four votes.

Moving right along, we have the Least Respected Poster. The winner is:
madster111
As he isn’t very helpful, it only follows thusly that he isn’t very respected either, meaning he could easily not win either award if he just started being more helpful. But then he wouldn’t be madster, would he?
Our second place winner was 213EDD, who lost by three votes.

Up next is the Biggest Forum Contributor. Our winner is:
danielrbischoff
Okay, he might be staff, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care regardless, right? No, stop laughing. He definitely doesn’t just care because of his job. Dammit, stop laughing. He’d definitely contribute this much if he wasn’t being paid to. Christ, stop that, I’m being serious! (The joke is that I’m not being serious)
Our second place winner was Longo_2_guns, who lost by three votes.

Now we have the Spammer Award. This goes to:
Longo_2_guns
After posting nearly three hundred posts in the span of a few hours, this award comes completely out of nowhere! Though I do attribute the return of community events to this, since I bumped that thread with a post that was “I want to see these come back.” And then they did. Coincidence? Probably.
The runner up was TheJx4, who lost by four votes.

On its way is the On Topic Award. And the winner is:
Bretimus_v2
It’s not like a father to step out of line very often. He’s gotta set a good example for his kids. That and keep them far away from me, since that’s what the judge said to do after the lawsuit. Though what could I do? They kept beating me at video games, I had to file the restraining order! But I digress. Bretimus posts on topic.
Our runner up was Paradox, who lost by a whole bunch. I ain’t counting all those tallies, man.

Next up is the Peacekeeper Award. This goes to:
MattAY
If there’s one thing MattAY’s good at, it’s keeping the peace. If there’s two things he’s good at, it’s keeping the peace and drinking tea. If there’s three things he’s good at, it’s keeping the peace, drinking tea, and cuddling. If there are four things he’s good at… yeah you get the idea.
Our second place winner is Bretimus_v2, who lost by five votes.

Now up is the award for Topic King. The winner is:
UrbanMasque
Sure, we all made jokes when Urban was the only one who voted for him a few years ago, but that was then. Now, his topics have earned him the golden crown of king. Well, gold colored, since the crown is paper. And just ignore the word that’s crossed out that has “Topic” written above it. It sure isn't Burger.
Our second place winner was used44, who lost by four votes.

On the way is the Postwhore Award. This year’s winner is:
Longo_2_guns
Obviously everyone read that “P” as an “M”. And has a tenuous grasp on the English language, since “Mostwhore” doesn’t mean anything. Even “Most whore” doesn’t make much sense. Though likely this ties into the aforementioned spamming. Ain’t I a stinker?
Our runner up was Used44, who lost by three votes.

Coming up now is the Most Intelligent Posts award. The winner is:
NickKMet
Ol’ Nick here is mister wise. Captain intelligent. Professor I’ve got a lot to say. Ambassador, something or other. Either way, his constant posting of smart things has done earned him this here award. Well done!
Our second place winner was Paradox, who lost by a single vote.

Blah blah blah Non Award wang chung goes to:
tinymhg
Yadda yadda yadda no one cares yakkety yakkety no one remembers non untz untz untz untz no one understands you ether.
Wakka wakka TheJx4 ping pong ching two votes.

And now we have the Best Host award. The winner is:
LinksOcarina
For once again running the Fighter Character Battle for, like, the twentieth year in a row. Hopefully now we can move on to something new. Like the Bearded Character Battle.
The second place winner was Wes, who lost by one vote.

Up next is the Most Attractive award. And the winner is:
MattAY
Though it’s probably better to say that the real winner is the person who shares a bed with MattAY, which would be me. Keyword there is would, as I now sleep on the couch due to the silly “No chips in bed” rule meaning French fries. I gotta have my midnight fries! But really, MattAY is handsome.
Our second place winners were Longo_2_guns and Rakon, who lost by one vote.

Now we have Most Likely to be a Serial Killer. This goes to:
UghRochester
Ugh has probably been connecting intricate plans to wipe out every single member of GR, as he is Batman. Except willing to kill, according to the situations I just made up.
Our runner up was Icepick, who lost by three votes.

Next up is Most Improved. And the winner is:
UghRochester
Despite everything, Ugh has really gotten better. I mean, he didn’t get all the negative awards for the second year in a row! And that’s a definite improvement.
The second place winner was madster111, who lost by seven votes.

Coming up next is the Best Taste in Games. This goes to:
Longo_2_guns
Sure, I may be an absolute cynic, but people are starting to realize that beneath the great ball of hate is a great wealth of knowledge on the video games, something I’ve been saying for a while. It’s like I always say, it’s better to judge harshly something that’s good than it is to love something that’s shit.
Our runner ups are everyone else, who all lost by two votes.

Now we have the Best Signature. And the winner is:
Affen
A clever little portal joke goes a long way. The keyword here is clever. Everything but this? Not that clever, really. Seriously, people.
Our second place winner is Longo_2_guns, who lost by one vote.

Next up is the Best Avatar. This goes to:
Rakon
My handlers have told me that it’s a picture from the Sandman comics. Though not the Spider-Man Sandman. And not the kitty litter company. Still, it’s pretty cool. I mean, I like it.
Second place was De-Ting, four votes.

On its way is the Worst Avatar. And the winner is:
Lethean
Someone should tell him that it’s not 2007 anymore. I mean, I would, but I don’t have a telegram nearby that I could use to contact him while he rides his dinosaur with Steve Martin’s comedic talent and good episodes of The Simpsons.
Second place goes to used44, who lost by four votes.

Up next is the Best Moderator. This goes to:
Longo_2_guns
This plucky young whippersnapper managed to become an admin through sheer grit and determination and so on and so forth. Why he hasn’t been a mod for years and years is anyone’s guess. I mean, it’s not like he’s changed.
The runner up was MattAY, who lost by nine votes.

Now we have the Worst Moderator. This goes to:
Maca2kx
Sure Maca didn’t do all that much, which is why he dropped his admin after his long term of service. Well done Maca. You’ll always be remembered for being the worst in your last year.
Runner up was Lethean, who lost by five votes.

On we go to the Best Veteran. This goes to:
used44
Used has been around for ages, and has long since earned this medal. Especially since he’s gotten it in the last two years too. Congratulations!
The runner ups were Longo_2_guns and Wes, who lost by six votes.

Next up we have the Worst Poster of the Year. This goes to:
Lokness
After all sorts of terrible posting, and even getting the word “phaggot” filtered to say “Lokness”, he continues to be a terrible poster despite everything.
Second place was madster111, who lost by one vote. What is it with Australians?

Finally, we have the Best Poster of the Year. And the winner is:
Bretimus_v2
How does he do it every year? No, seriously. How does this keep happening? I don’t get it. I need to hire a private eye or something, I swear.
Runners up are Longo_2_guns and used44, who lost by three votes.

And that’s a wrap people. Congratulations once again to all of the losers and the one winner. You know who you are. Hopefully we’ll be able to do this all again next year!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, Longo!
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Longo, for hosting this again. Surprised Bret won best poster again. Nice to see I got one good award instead of six bad ones. Enjoy the beginning of another year guys
Professional Pocketpool Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I demand a recount, I'm clearly more likely to behead my fellow posters than Ugh is, I'll show you, I'll show all of you, and than you'll be sorry..
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, the only reason you're surprised is because your definition of Best is so ridiculously backwards.

Soooo, at what point will I start to pull Best Vet awards away from people who are clearly much more awesome than me?

Longo, thanks for doing this and providing at least 8 different blurbs that had me laughing out loud (and waking my baby). I remember when I first got here and thought you were just another abrasive asshole. But now, I like to think of you as our abrasive asshole...and...a friend? What? When did that happen?
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Best of GR: 2011 Finale! Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

On its way now is the Funniest Poster award. And the winner is:
BlackStar
What can be said about BlackStar that hasn’t been said before? The man is like Eddie Murphy or Martin Lawrence, only funny. And black.

Hold up dawg.
Imma let you finish, but my boy Urbz had some of the funniest quotes going this year.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Oh hush, at least you won something. 6 years and still squat! It's because I'm french, isn't it? Stupid Americans!

Good job Longo and congrats to Bret for winning the Oscar.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call not being voted worst mod losing Wink. Curious why people voted me in that category though only so I can improve. Is it my lack of involvement?

An honour to win worst avatar. I set out to annoy, irritate and piss off with a joke that only Seth McFarlane would think still has some life left in it. It seems to have worked! [/list]

Is your vag the sahara or something? Never seen someone with so much sand in there

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
On the toilet...that's where I read books. If it weren't for twosies, I would be illiterate.
NecroWolf
Usually Wrong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone actually voted for me? Wow.

Congratulations to StickyGreen! =)
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty close ones in a lot of categories. Thanks Longo for hosting this.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me not sweeping these awards proves how pathetic and broken this forum and its posters are.

Fuckin wankers.

First Battle: LA makes its way into the top 10 movies then the star poster of the boards doesn't even get a mention.

Wonder how much Longo was paid.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats everyone!

A great bunch of lads you all are. Maybe ill crack the list next year!

Happy new year!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Good job Longo and congrats to Bret for winning the Oscar.

BlackStar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*ahem* I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what Longo didn't tell you was there was a mix up in Florida and the votes had to be "re-counted". It would appear Chris Crime was in the lead, but our posters in Florida had a recount and now it seems Bret won...

We all know Bretimus has had secret ties to the administration of Game Revolution, he was secretly appointed mod a few weeks ago and it tried to go under our radar. Some would even go as far to say he was responsible for the terrorist attacks on GR that changed it from Black to White... but let's not side with the extremist conspiracy theories right now...

But what we DO KNOW is that the awards were an inside job.

"Sir, the forum has been changed from Black to White..."

Don't make the same mistake GR. In 2012, vote Chris Crime for Mod. Because Brown is the new Black.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i won something!
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww...I have no witty retort to really add to this, since we already have celebrities, Oscars, and president Bush references....
In Transit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first award, and it only took me 4 years!

SUCK IT SCORSESE!!!

And I'm extremely flattered that you guys would consider me remotely close to being as attractive as Mattay, and being on par with Longo. You know what? I AM going to ask Suzie to the dance!!!
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone, and as always, I'm just happy to be here. Even though I didn't win, doesn't matter. Got noms.

o--(^-^)--o
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
Congratulations to everyone, and as always, I'm just happy to be here. Even though I didn't win, doesn't matter. Got noms.

I voted for you a lot!
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaaayyy!
Is it next year yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: