More Reviews
REVIEWS Boss! Review
PlayStation Vita owners looking to exercise a little frustration can look to this rather low-fi title about creating a monster and destroying everything in your path.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX Review
Part 2 of Square-Enix and Disney's cooperative compilation cash-cow is ready to milk the series for another go, but does the milk taste sweet or is it spoiled?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Evolve Preview
With multiplayer action set as its focus, Evolve surprised us earlier this month by introducing a single-player campaign mode where you can switch between mercenaries.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Kalimba
Release date: Out Now

Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15


LATEST FEATURES Downloadable Content Walks the Line Between Fun and Frenzied in Middle-earth
I don’t even care all that much for the Lords of the Rings brand, which makes the content falling under Shadow of Mordor’s Season Pass a pleasant surprise.

Ugly Christmas Sweaters for Gamers
If this awful trend is going to persist, you may as well do it your way.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Ralph Baer (1922-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 12/07/14
RIP Ralph Baer (1922-2014) I really, really hate writing obits. I really do. But I take it as a personal honor to be able to say good things about the men and women I respect, whether in this industry or just in my life, and Ralph Baer is the reason all of this exists in the first...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mass Effect 3 |OT|
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11652

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kijan wrote:
DO NOT SKIP 2!

The story maybe doesn't go anywhere but it has one of the best characters in gaming history!

You cannot deny the awesomeness that is Mordin f****** Solus! Very Happy


He is the very model of a scientist salarian
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
maca2kx
The Hammer of Ban


Joined: 24 Jul 2002
Posts: 10786

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this for a less BS ridden alternative.

Many will disagree with it but it's what I had in my head right up until I was proved wrong.
_________________
Stuff to read
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free dlc this tuesday they will release a few new classes, two maps, and a couple of weapons. It's free. Enjoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingg5
A True Patriot


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 2529

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm free this tuesday. Any one on my friends list down?
_________________
In the words of CCR."Hail to the chief"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingg5 wrote:
I'm free this tuesday. Any one on my friends list down?

I'm going to be gold farming on sat to save creds for Tuesday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingg5
A True Patriot


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 2529

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noritama wrote:
kingg5 wrote:
I'm free this tuesday. Any one on my friends list down?

I'm going to be gold farming on sat to save creds for Tuesday
So is that a yes man?
_________________
In the words of CCR."Hail to the chief"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup I'll be on tonight at around 6pm. Something came up again. <.<
Instead of playing Multi the weekend I decided to finally end it and the ending wasn't as bad just needed to explain more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3260

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody else besides me play on PC?
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8908

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished it. Happy with my ending, mostly because there's even a chance my femshep could have survived and been reunited with Liara. Probably my favorite game of the three. The ending wasn't bad, not good either (because I know there's all this DLC bull shit down the line).

Annnndddd... that's it. I'm glad I didn't let all the whining bull shit affect my opinion of the ending or the game... or I should say I'm glad it didn't (I couldn't have controlled that). I think part of the "outrage" or "disapointment" or whatever you want to call it is that this is the conclusion to something people grew to love. It doesn't matter what it is, if the world is engrossing, entertaining, and personal to you, you WILL be upset that it's over. NO MATTER WHAT. You will. There's no such thing as a "satisfying" ending when it comes to stuff like this. So yes, I'm sad to see Shepard and Liara and all of those characters go. I'm really sad, but that doesn't mean it was a "bad" ending or that everyone who had a hand in making this game should die in a fire.

Instead, I just have to close the back cover of the book, set it on the shelf, and revisit it later (like I know I will).

Mass Effect, as a series, is one of (if not) the most ambitious pieces of media in our life time. It created something I don't think video games have ever done in the extensive, exhaustive narrative throughout three games. I couldn't be happier having owned the experience myself with my choices, something a book has never done (choose your own adventure novels NEVER did anything like this).

Can't wait to see what the future has for this IP. I'd welcome new stories, more characters, different types of games, and I'm so close to adding all of the Mass Effect books to my Amazon shopping cart right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20931

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's. Almost exactly thoughts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2842

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Does anybody else besides me play on PC?



Brofist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kingg5
A True Patriot


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 2529

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Dan, you made a good and valid point. Before I got it I was sort of sad it was the last of a great trilogy.
_________________
In the words of CCR."Hail to the chief"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5329

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Does anybody else besides me play on PC?



Brofist.



I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a fucking clown show.


And no, I didn't not like the ending because it was the end of some epic adventure, nor did I really have much attachment to the series other than ME1 (2 sucked, and while 3 was a lot better than 2 wasn't on the same level as 1)...I didn't like it because it was poorly written
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3260

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Does anybody else besides me play on PC?



Brofist.



I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a f****** clown show.


And no, I didn't not like the ending because it was the end of some epic adventure, nor did I really have much attachment to the series other than ME1 (2 sucked, and while 3 was a lot better than 2 wasn't on the same level as 1)...I didn't like it because it was poorly written


I still haven't finished the single player. I'm just looking for people to multiplayer with. PUGs are a bitch.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maca2kx
The Hammer of Ban


Joined: 24 Jul 2002
Posts: 10786

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Just finished it. Happy with my ending, mostly because there's even a chance my femshep could have survived and been reunited with Liara. Probably my favorite game of the three. The ending wasn't bad, not good either (because I know there's all this DLC bull s*** down the line).

Annnndddd... that's it. I'm glad I didn't let all the whining bull s*** affect my opinion of the ending or the game... or I should say I'm glad it didn't (I couldn't have controlled that). I think part of the "outrage" or "disapointment" or whatever you want to call it is that this is the conclusion to something people grew to love. It doesn't matter what it is, if the world is engrossing, entertaining, and personal to you, you WILL be upset that it's over. NO MATTER WHAT. You will. There's no such thing as a "satisfying" ending when it comes to stuff like this. So yes, I'm sad to see Shepard and Liara and all of those characters go. I'm really sad, but that doesn't mean it was a "bad" ending or that everyone who had a hand in making this game should die in a fire.

Instead, I just have to close the back cover of the book, set it on the shelf, and revisit it later (like I know I will).

Mass Effect, as a series, is one of (if not) the most ambitious pieces of media in our life time. It created something I don't think video games have ever done in the extensive, exhaustive narrative throughout three games. I couldn't be happier having owned the experience myself with my choices, something a book has never done (choose your own adventure novels NEVER did anything like this).

Can't wait to see what the future has for this IP. I'd welcome new stories, more characters, different types of games, and I'm so close to adding all of the Mass Effect books to my Amazon shopping cart right now.


While I disagree with you about the ending (it doesn't make sense unless you make huge leaps of faith and feels far too convoluted and a little like they did Shepard a disservice) I don't think the writers should die in a fire ether. I just hope that the summer's DLC addition makes sense of the threads of plot we were given and does justice to the amazing start and middle. The ending may not have been terrible - the Reapers didn't turn into chocolate bunnies - but it was lackluster compared to the rest of the sprawling story.

On another note, the Mass Effect IP is phenomenally in depth. Probably not as much as Star Wars but not far off and it hasn't had 30 years to evolve. Get the books, even Deception (which is not good, I'm not going to lie, but the completionist in me says you need it) but also get the graphic novels. There are a couple of minis you may not be able to get separately because they came out with collectors editions but there are a couple of full sized ones already out and one coming soon which give you a fuller picture of the story. I think you can even get the novels on Kindle.
_________________
Stuff to read
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingg5
A True Patriot


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 2529

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Does anybody else besides me play on PC?



Brofist.



I got it on the PC too, but haven't played in a couple weeks because the ending was such a f****** clown show.


And no, I didn't not like the ending because it was the end of some epic adventure, nor did I really have much attachment to the series other than ME1 (2 sucked, and while 3 was a lot better than 2 wasn't on the same level as 1)...I didn't like it because it was poorly written
In a way it's like star wars, the original trilogy. If people complain it's the end the're just gonna make shitty prequels.
_________________
In the words of CCR."Hail to the chief"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished it recently as well . Pretty much what Dan said . But ill add that me in general changed my viewpoints on many things ingame that most series fail to do. I wish a lot of gaming or even other media outlets take example on this and strive for the emotion you get from this series .
Yeah I'm not the most excellent wordsmith here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8908

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two premium spectre packs later and I still don't have any of the new characters.

I did unlock the explosive krogan assault rifle... and an upgrade for a gun I already have :-/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 9995

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Krogan AR is beast. Yeah, that resurgence pack will be wonderful.
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8908

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one round with it. I prefer the super powerful saber rifle I have. It does more damage. The krogan rifle just has knock back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum