More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mass Effect 3 |OT|
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started an adept, but I've mostly spent my time as the... uhh infiltrator... I think that's it. The one with the sticky grenades, invisibility and ice blast. Fuck I do not pay attention in menus do I?
spartan317

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have to be missing something because I can't log on to multiplayer. Is it PC only? Was I too excited and skipped the message telling me how?
used44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't buy Battlefield 3 and activate the online pass, the multiplayer is locked until Feb 17th.
TheJx4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....so try it now.
used44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah pretty much.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, had a good night with a bunch of randoms. Never can get into a party more than 3, usually play in a party of 2. I don't think that people are trying to CoD it out, but I definitely think that they don't get the teamwork aspect of it. Finally found a Vangard with throw and combined with Warp we were doing really well.

The MP is not nearly as "tacked-on" as I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying it, although the random treasure buy is rough.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
The MP is not nearly as "tacked-on" as I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying it, although the random treasure buy is rough.

Yeah I wish you guaranteed specific items... like you always get one new weapon, one new character or character detail customization, along with the rocket launcher and medigel.
spartan317

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shit... I would've bought my own BF3 had I known that... Anyway I played last night and what do ya know... Apparently you can't run into a fight all big balls and come out smiling... Got destroyed a couple times, got the hang of it and then couldn't find a party that understood team work... I like it otherwise. Fun to throw things around and fricken sweet to lumber around as a krogan and hit things.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having fun sniping guardians in the face through the shield slit....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using shockwave on those guys is so fun
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

*not dubstep
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self...

Don't play the multiplayer and dungeons and dragons at the same time...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links is super sniper and super medic AT THE SAME TIME.

Finally got ahold of it after three matches and buying my first booster packs.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be back once I finish D&D for the evening.
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through the demo yesterday. The single player was about what I was expecting, though the cover system feels a bit more wonky to me ( a la Shepard entering and exiting cover in strange ways, funky controls, maybe it's just me and it's been too long since I played ME2). I actually did enjoy the multiplayer, at least for a little while. Since it's the demo, and the modes are restricted, it got kind of boring and repetitive after a while.

But yeah, even on PC, some people were just bad. The first group I played with, two of our teammates consistently would run out to where there was little cover, get raped, and me and the 4th teammate would have to try and finish it out by ourselves. It got really annoying fast.

The second group I played with had 2 high level, obviously experienced players. They didn't fuck around, and we rolled through several matches. Definitely made it more enjoyable. Still, nobody else was using voice chat.

Also, for somebody who absolutely hated using the sniper rifle in ME1 and ME2, I loved the shit out of it in ME3's multiplayer. I just wish it reloaded a bit faster.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that they put a little more control into the Storm action. I've been really enjoying the crap out of MP. Still not that people using mics on PS3, but I've found a couple of really good teams that do. It makes a huge difference. Still haven't unlocked any of the other races though.

As far as the 1 mission gun upgrades go though...wow, they turn your weapon into death objectified.

Nick, sounds like you need to get a different sniper rifle. Good luck on the random draw.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Also, for somebody who absolutely hated using the sniper rifle in ME1 and ME2, I loved the s*** out of it in ME3's multiplayer. I just wish it reloaded a bit faster.

You can unlock a mod that enhances reload and clip size.... also another sniper rifle that has a bigger clip size. Not sure which one you have.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's insane about the packs is that they EVEN SAY THERE'S A "SMALL CHANCE FOR UNCOMMON"

That is TCG addiction, bottled, and sold to me on a disc. I'm in danger.
used44

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Booster Pack model for unlocks is really unique and cool.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unique and cool, but when you drop 20K on a pack and don't get medi-gel...it's infuriating. This just got bumped up to release day purchase. I'm willing to wait til it hits $40 for story, but I'm truly addicted to this MP.

Nick are you using the one shot-reload sniper rifle? I have an 8-in-the-clip, auto (more or less) that I use.

Biggest complaint, people are starting to get finicky and game jump. "You're only a Level 1 Infiltrator? I'm out!" Nevermind that I'm a N7 Lvl 30...and we're only taking on a Bronze Challenge.

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, the multiplayer really looks like it'll be the best part of the game. I haven't gotten it because I don't want to put Origin on my PC, but still, I've seen enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: