More Reviews
REVIEWS Kinect Sports Rivals Review
It's been far too long since Microsoft's Xbox consoles had a Kinect-only title. Is the wait worth it?

LEGO The Hobbit Review
Lego the Hobbit isn't just your standard Lego game. It's a junior RPG built to charm and ensorcel you, brick by brick.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hitman GO Preview
Murder at the swipe of a finger.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES LEGO The Hobbit
Release date: Out Now

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Trials Fusion

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

LATEST FEATURES Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Tips for The Elder Scrolls Online: The Vestige's Guide
Just a handful of ways to keep yourself from dying.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP danielrbischoff
Peace in the Era of Call of Duty
By danielrbischoff
Posted on 04/15/14
In a world dominated by violent media, Americans are no more eager to go to war than they were in the 1980s or the 1960s or the 1940s. Hasn't it always been someone else's problem? The overwhelming majority would rather go on thinking it had nothing to do with them and there...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Diablo 3 |OT|
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nearly finished with the first act of the Witcher 2, and it's been 13 hours. Now I have to choose one of two quest paths, so the rest of the game has two different sets of quests, locations, and outcomes. I'll have to play it twice. That's a game length I can get behind.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really hard to explain if you havent played a previous diablo game. i loved the witcher 2, but diablo 3 is amazing too, the game just works in a different way.

you'll end up logging far more hours with D3, than Witcher 2, just because ..

i dunno im kinda drunk, and don't even know if i'm making sense. point i want to make is just don't judge D3 by it's NORMAL story length. i probably played diablo 2 for 2,000 hours
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
I'm nearly finished with the first act of the Witcher 2, and it's been 13 hours. Now I have to choose one of two quest paths, so the rest of the game has two different sets of quests, locations, and outcomes. I'll have to play it twice. That's a game length I can get behind.

Diablo has never really been about long story lines....It's ALL about replay ability. That 12 hours or whatever is really only going through it on normal - there's 3 difficulty levels above that, which you have to go into to max your character levels.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
NickKmet wrote:

Diablo has never really been about long story lines....It's ALL about replay ability. That 12 hours or whatever is really only going through it on normal - there's 3 difficulty levels above that, which you have to go into to max your character levels.

Ahh. ok. I've been playing Torchlight, which is sort of the same I guess. Personally I don't really see the point of playing most games beyond a single play-through (at least for a while) because I've never really cared about maxing levels. I suppose if there's multiplayer that would make it more fun.

The Witcher 2 does have some pretty insane difficulty. Like the top difficulty where if you die, you can't reload a save from that game. You literally only get one life before having to start over. Personally, I'm not that dedicated or crazy to attempt that.

If there really is that much replayability for D3, well, I won't doubt you guys. I've never played a diablo game anyways, so I wouldn't know. I did log 3000ish hours into guild wars, but that was mostly for the multiplayer. Never played a single player game where I would take it that far I guess. Though I'm assuming most of you are taking full advantage of mulitplayer functionality?
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just finished act 1 nightmare, and it was SO satisfying, great difficulty level, it's what I would consider the perfectly balanced game if it only had one difficulty level. and i think that's how it's supposed to be.

normal a little easy, nightmare just right, and then..

i hope hell will be a little bit of GOD DAMN IT THIS IS JUST KINDA STUPID

Then inferno should just be..

"..."

Diablo get's MORE enjoyable on every playthrough until you've beat all the difficulty levels.
Then it becomes all about the item hunt.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there's people that beat part of the game on Inferno. Personally, I wouldn't want to meet the soulless S.O.B. who plays the game on Hardcore Inferno.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
Apparently there's people that beat part of the game on Inferno. Personally, I wouldn't want to meet the soulless S.O.B. who plays the game on Hardcore Inferno.

hardcore inferno isn't even recommended by blizzard. the two arent supposed to go together. it's like dark/demon souls, you're SUPPOSED to die in inferno.

i'll be surprised if someone clears it on hardcore.

i should be in hell by tonight. haven't had much time to play, wish i was further.

well i've had lots of time, but not nearly as much as i intended on, + server downtime
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, if you give people the option they'll fucking do it. Like the knife runs in the Resident Evil games.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
Oh, if you give people the option they'll f****** do it. Like the knife runs in the Resident Evil games.

im actually quite surprised the furthest anyone has got in inferno is skeleton king.. thats pretty much a guarantee it's gonna be fing HARD for anyone who isn't a korean cyborg
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pissed at this game for disconnecting you when you HAVE to leave it...on single-player.

o--(^-^)--o
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone lose any achievement points at all? Not that it really matters but I don't have the Skelly King achieve any more even though my Wizard is in the Field of Misery right now heh.

Wizard is awesome though
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im getting disconnects every 2 minutes now Sad sigh

literally impossible to progress because of it and they way they reset on DC now
Noritama

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it today :O Yippie <.< Stupid UPS
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember you can maximize play time by peeing in the gatorade bottle after you drink all of it.
Noritama

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Just remember you can maximize play time by peeing in the gatorade bottle after you drink all of it.

intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welp i hope to finish with hell/hit 60 by tonight/tomorrow.. then hell farming for a few days till i bother stepping foot in inferno.

Hell is ridiculously hard. Inferno would be straight up impossible. Unless you had an awesome group. I just play solo, for now.
Guernica

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing a ton tonight with the GF. Our boxes finally got delivered today so we can play past the skeleton king. And since my weekends start on Thursday it'll be a long night of D3 =D
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add me everyone..
mikeyrcody@gmail.com

im a bit of a D3 loner, i need some friends to chat to
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got into the Crypt of the Skeleton King, finally, only to have the game glitch out. Nothing was happening, and I had to wait around for a few minutes before it let me exit the game.

Back to Torchlight, for me.

o--(^-^)--o
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that anyone probably cares, but the game is getting absolutely trashed over at metacritic. I didn't even know until reading some of the reviews over there that they took out assigning stats and attributes like in D2. Kinda lame. That plus their silly DRM tactic along with their AH things makes me pretty certain I'll just wait for Torchlight 2 instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: