More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Diablo 3 |OT|
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C_nate wrote:
Not that anyone probably cares, but the game is getting absolutely trashed over at metacritic. I didn't even know until reading some of the reviews over there that they took out assigning stats and attributes like in D2. Kinda lame. That plus their silly DRM tactic along with their AH things makes me pretty certain I'll just wait for Torchlight 2 instead.

it's mostly getting trashed because of the poor launch and people taking their anger out.

i'm at that point now too. this entire experience has been ruined thanks to blizzards incompetence. it's fucking embarassing, i'd have myhead between my legs if i was them... such a joke
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
C_nate wrote:
Not that anyone probably cares, but the game is getting absolutely trashed over at metacritic. I didn't even know until reading some of the reviews over there that they took out assigning stats and attributes like in D2. Kinda lame. That plus their silly DRM tactic along with their AH things makes me pretty certain I'll just wait for Torchlight 2 instead.

it's mostly getting trashed because of the poor launch and people taking their anger out.

i'm at that point now too. this entire experience has been ruined thanks to blizzards incompetence. it's f****** embarassing, i'd have myhead between my legs if i was them... such a joke

It is pretty bad. The DRM was a bad idea. A really bad idea. They've done a lot to ruin what good standing they had with a lot of people.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Noritama

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't know what the big hub bub is about. Been playing it for a few days I got to say it's a blast, I haven't had any noticeable lag so far it's really easy to get into the game. The story is amazing so far. Now about the DRM. So what? I really have no problem with the always online feature of it since I play about 80% of the time multiplayer. SO really I think this is another case of gamers being whiny brats.
Oh Just read the a few metacritic reviews. yeah just gamers being whiny.
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubisoft I think tried the always online DRM thing and it didn't work out so well for them either. I'll add myself to the list of whiny gamers cause I like to play my single player games offline.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noritama wrote:
Honestly, I don't know what the big hub bub is about. Been playing it for a few days I got to say it's a blast, I haven't had any noticeable lag so far it's really easy to get into the game. The story is amazing so far. Now about the DRM. So what? I really have no problem with the always online feature of it since I play about 80% of the time multiplayer. SO really I think this is another case of gamers being whiny brats.
Oh Just read the a few metacritic reviews. yeah just gamers being whiny.

for the first two days i defended them. if you're a lucky person who for some reason doesn't have any issues, good for you, and enjoy.

unfortunately the game is still almost completely unplayable for tens of thousands of people.

i dont mind about the online requirement at all, i understand, and know why they did it.. just make it work.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i seem to have fixed my disconnect issue.. had to unclick peer to peer in the downloader options menu
Noritama

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:

for the first two days i defended them. if you're a lucky person who for some reason doesn't have any issues, good for you, and enjoy.

unfortunately the game is still almost completely unplayable for tens of thousands of people.

i dont mind about the online requirement at all, i understand, and know why they did it.. just make it work.

I'm interesting in what problems you are getting with the game. Does it boot you out? Or do you get really bad lag spikes?
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lag, and high latency, then low latency, but the lag remains. Then the game glitches out and I can't do anything. You're just lucky, Noritama.

o--(^-^)--o
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, as someone not playing Diablo 3 for at least a while, I like what's happening. Sure, it's terrible for people playing it, but if nothing else it's going to show how terrible and futile always-online DRM is to the paying customer. Hopefully it'll get more people active and willing to stand against it in future titles, because it's just ridiculous. Hell, even Steam is bad about it, but at least they have the function to go offline.

I'd like to hope that the sacrifice of the players who aren't able to access the game they paid for will spurn up some change and get companies to do less useless DRM. Hopefully it will.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone not satisfied with customization options with skills if you go to Options -> Gameplay -> check Elective Mode under Interface. This will let you equip your skills to any button allowing you to use skills normally restricted to one button to other buttons. The main thing this lets you do is use skills from one area (i.e. defensive) in multiple areas.

Not quite the same still but you can have a much more diverse set of skills this way.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to start a character just to coop with? I have either a WD or Monk I'd be willing to do that with (both level 2)
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Anyone want to start a character just to coop with? I have either a WD or Monk I'd be willing to do that with (both level 2)
I have a monk I just started with, plus I've decided I'm going to try to play all 5 classes simultaneously, so when I find good, class-specific items, I can pass them on immediately.

We should arrange a time to play.

o--(^-^)--o
Noritama

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O Lucky lucky :O
Anywho if anyone wants to co op with me feel free to add me.

Noritama#1132
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I just made a sword wielding demon hunter. It's fun cause you spend most of your time running away and using grenades!
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well cleared hell pokin around in inferno and farming act 3/4 hell atm. Found a good farming friend. I find 2 man farming is the best
Noritama

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a request in btw rain :O
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found my first legendary while playing with DUMPWEED:

https://p.twimg.com/AtYdwq1CAAIgPlq.jpg
Demosthenes

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Im still only up to Act 2 on Normal, already feeling like it's a bit of a waste of time playing Normal, But as soon as I get my last two essays handed in Im gonna be in there.

Then, silence got blown apart...
Guernica

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my first legendary in Act 2. Was a source but I used it for maybe a level before crafting had me something better.

I'm in Act 3 with 2 chars now. My monk which I've been playing exclusively with the gf and my mage which has been my solo char. Soon I'll be playing a demon hunter with a few friends that will be picking up the game soonish.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found 2 legendarys so far, goldskin, and bracers forget the name. Sold goldskin for 500k and bracers for 300k.

Both had brutally bad stats but people buy em up just cause.

Legendarys are shit in this game. Completely pointless. No special stats. Disappointing.

Have my barbarian farmin act 1 inferno with ease. Problem is act 2 inferno is broken with melee. You go from facerolling act 1 to getting one shot by a white in act 2.

So i rolled a wizard tonight cause theyre op at the moment. I figure between wizard and barb one will always be strong so i can alternate. Quickly got it to 16. Gonna speed run to 60 and see how quick i can do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: