More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebor Review
Just a small update to the existing review for the PS4 version of the game. What are the benefits to upgrading? Check here to see. ~Ed. Nick Tan

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dude embaresses From Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Dude embaresses From Software Reply with quote

By fixing an issue they couldn't - in 23 minutes.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

That's pretty fucking hilarious. Even Bethesda has better luck not looking like fools when at least the game fixes are released a couple days later, not in a single simpsons episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8_F-_a6ko
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Software is thoughtful for porting it to PC but this is the worst port imaginable. The visuals and controls are terrible.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan_Leack wrote:
From Software is thoughtful for porting it to PC but this is the worst port imaginable. The visuals and controls are terrible.

The only reason i'm not calling them idiots is because at least they admitted that they suck at making games for the PC.

Try the game with that guy's fixes including the DoF one and the visuals are improved so dramatically it's genuinely insane.

As for the controls, after playing so many shitty console ports recently i've pretty much given up on any non-PC exclusive game working well with the keyboard and mouse, so now my 360 controller tends to be connected to my PC more than my xbox.

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering this is pretty much the only big thing they've ever done on PC, and the Japanese don't really care about PC for big games in the first place, so it's not really that surprising.

But neither is the backlash it's getting for it. Most PC gamers have a very different set of expectations, which is good in a lot of ways but also creates stuff like this. So what we've got is really two separate cultures and sets of expectations trying to come together.

A lot of the complaints are pretty valid, though. Locking in the visual stuff and GFWL, but the controls are a part when the expectations of both sides really don't connect. I mean, when you look at how the game is designed, the combat is made so that you're going to be pressing anywhere from 1 to 14 buttons, and in combat you can press maybe even five of them in the same second, and this is all done while moving. This is not something easy to pull off on PC and be comfortable, and while m+kb is better for a lot of things, third person action games like this really aren't one of them.

Still, what's great about PC is there are always workarounds for problems like visuals.
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sound of it, most of the blame can be put on NamcoBandai for giving From - a developer with minimal to no PC experience - an extremely short deadline to have the game ready to launch.

But it doesn't really matter all that much. With the resolution mod the game looks great, and it plays just as well as the console versions - which in reality is the big thing. It has been a little weird using a 360 controller when I got so used to playing it with a ps3 controller though.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see a developer invite modders like this to work on a game, without pay of course, before it was officially released. More than interesting; awesome.

o--(^-^)--o
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
It would be interesting to see a developer invite modders like this to work on a game, without pay of course, before it was officially released. More than interesting; awesome.

Considering most of the modding community does it for fun, if you give them a spot in the credits and send them some free swag every now and then i bet they'd work their asses off and end up doing more real development than 1/2 the people in the actual building.

Bethesda could benefit greatly from this - send a late beta to a bunch of the top modders on the nexus and offer them a free copy if they help out and bethesda will have saved thousands and thousands of dollars by creating better games and reducing the number of patches they release.

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Considering this is pretty much the only big thing they've ever done on PC, and the Japanese don't really care about PC for big games in the first place, so it's not really that surprising.

Yeah, they made it good enough that it's playable considering the profits would be slim and they suck at PC games, which is fair enough.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:

It really should be standard practice that the talented modding community members get an early look at fixing the lazy work of some of these devs.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget they are going to release a "prepare to die ultra remix 2" with the main selling point as 1080p resolution with 60 fps cap(which will make me angry as im a 120hz gamer Sad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: