More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hand of Fate Preview
Dungeons & Dragons mixed with the Batman: Arkham series... wait, what?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

LATEST FEATURES Gaming For Good: Charity for the Win
Playing video games for charity is becoming easier everyday. Livestream, join a fundraising guild, or game at your own pace. There are many different ways gamers can contribute to numerous charitable causes.

PlayStation’s Colorful Console Past and Its Bright, White Future
Sony will release the white PlayStation 4 in September, so let's take a walk through the company's hardware history.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Office (ALSO Parks & Rec) Weekly Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst Halloween Episode. EVER!

And send and sip.

used44

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Puppy Erin was cute. Nellie's costume was hilarious.

I'm confused by the Jim/Pam storyline. I guess it's good that they brought some tension back to that. But wasn't Jim going to be a partner, building the company from the ground up? And it was in a different state, right? I didn't understand him being an awkward fourth-wheel at their investor's lunch.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim was just nervous because he never ever takes risks so he can't help but appear awkward. And he felt he needed to invest everything which made him more nervous.

I really liked Kevin in this one.
"Pam REALLY hates Monster Mash. Even though Jim was making some really good points Pam was all like NO IT'S STUPID." LOL

But yeah, it was disappointing. I was hoping there was a real mystery about the pills, since almost everyone could have been the one taking them. But instead it went the other way, ah well.
used44

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but isn't Jim supposed to be close friends with at least one of them? *awkward fist bump*
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of awkward fist bumping, here's one I heard in a locker room yesterday...

"Man, women sure are fertile after giving birth--"
"My MAN!" *Guy walks in for fist bump*
[me standing there as the third party, processing what and why I just witnessed what I witnessed]
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha...locker room jokes...

Best line of the evening.

"Butts are for pooping."

used44

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Maybe the second guy thought "fertile" means "horny." I like it.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
I really liked Kevin in this one.
"Pam REALLY hates Monster Mash. Even though Jim was making some really good points Pam was all like NO IT'S STUPID." LOL

But yeah, it was disappointing. I was hoping there was a real mystery about the pills, since almost everyone could have been the one taking them. But instead it went the other way, ah well.

Agreed. Best part of the episode. My gf did like Parks and Rec though. Seemed like that was the better show this week, if only because Ron broke that little girl's Tiara.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone seeing a big connection to season 2? Pete is Jim, Erin is Pam and Andy is Roy.

You've got a guy who is actually nicknamed "New Jim" falling for the receptionist who is dating someone who would rather hang with his dead beat brother instead of taking his girlfriend on a romantic cruise.

It sounds a lot like Jim having a crush on Pam while her boyfriend Roy would hang with his deadbeat brother instead of being romantic with her.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Wicked! I was too exhausted to pay much attention to this week's episode, but now I've gotta watch again.

Also thanks for keeping this thread alive.

And thank God Tom is getting away from Jon Ralphio (SP?). I really hate that character. If some horrible car accident were to happen and he weren't able to jump around or speak for the rest of the season that would be great.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife thought this during the last several episodes of Andy acting like a turd.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how Parks and Rec was weak while The Office was strong this week. They can't both be good?

Anyway, the irony with Angela is delicious. She's such a bitch! Feels like she deserves it. Does anyone else see a huge extended cast of characters being built up for the Dwight spinoff? He's got his Mose, Rolf from previous seasons, this guy Trevor I think his name was, and I think Nelly could break off with Dwight to help him manage the farm or something.
And seeing Phyllis and Stanley messing with Jim was fun as a change of pace, but also touching as the three of them don't really interact much.

Parks and Rec was just kind of boring and all over the place. Too many threads without enough overlap to make sense of it all.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainn announced a while back that they canned the spin off.

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Rainn said he wasn't going to do the spin off without a few of the head writers from The Office who really "get" Dwight. But he couldn't settle on a deal with NBC execs so the idea got canned.

And yeah Angela is crazy psycho. But I hate Oscar too. I mean how can you cheat on someone and sit next to them every day at work like nothing is going on. It's always odd when Dwight is the rational and sensible one in a conflict LOL.

I liked the complaint cards. Creed: "Let's find out how I did!"
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, I really wish they had further explored the warehouse crew instead of just bringing in Daryl.

danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promos for the final "season" of the show are running now and Andy is still absent. Is it possible to hope that the show ends without us ever having to deal with him ever again? Fuck I hate Andy.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Andy came back in the last few weeks and... things went pretty badly of course. The episodes aren't exactly compelling but I keep watching because... I guess I want to see what they're going to do with this mess.

Anyone else still watching? I marathoned the second, third, and fourth seasons and... they are just the highest level of comedic TV I think I'll ever see. I can't help but crack up at some shit over and over again. In money, when Dwight shows Jim and Pam to the Irrigation Room: "As of this morning, we are completely wireless here on Schrute Farms. So as soon as I find out where Mose hid all the wires, we can have power back on."

every single time.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in some other thread I got my roommate into The Office. He fell in love with the show and we marathoned into season 5 in just over a week. Dwight is and always will be my favourite TV character second to Homer Simpson.

And like The Simpsons The Office has unfortunately lost its way. But unlike The Simpsons they know it's time to stop so I keep watching since it's in its final moments.

And if the episode The Farm was any indicator as to what Dwight's spin off show could've been I'm glad Rainn Wilson cancelled.

But I must say the episode where Meredith shaved her head was pretty damn funny. And I loved seeing Jim and Darryl as roommates.
used44

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I silly for kind of enjoying The Farm episode? I'm glad it's not going to be a full show, but it was an effective episode of TV. Dwight's sister was beautiful, which helped.

I'm really put off by this story arc of the documentary finally coming out. Not only does it set up a bunch of plot holes and show how The Office has overstayed its welcome, but it reintroduced Brian yet again. The character that just won't go away.

And the documentary shows old clips, which remind me how much better the show was 3 years ago.

How many episodes are left, btw?
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but there's a max of 26 episodes per season.

Another thing I forgot to mention was I actually liked Andy in the Promos episode which was a nice change. I felt he reminded me of early Andy where he had anger issues and the silliest things would drive him nuts. The fact it was Youtube comments was great and then to see it was just Nelly messing with him was hilarious.

But it's rare that I I enjoy Andy at all ever since he became boss. It's like they gave the character all the Michael Scott throw-away jokes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: