More Reviews
REVIEWS Screencheat Review
The first FPS in history where looking at your friends’ screens isn’t cheating; it’s a requirement.

Natural Doctrine Review
This actually might be "your dad's" Japanese TRPG, and for those with a hankering for it, that can be a very good thing.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES 7 Problems With Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX [Hands-on Preview]
For the last time, Aqua, NO I will not go out with you! (Yes, yes I will, actually.)

Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ICP Sues the FBI for Classifying Juggalos as a Gang

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guan_Yu
I live in a giant bucket )))-:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: ICP Sues the FBI for Classifying Juggalos as a Gang Reply with quote

http://seattletimes.com/html/entertainment/2019269727_apusinsaneclownpossegang.html?prmid=head_more

http://gawker.com/5946200/insane-clown-posse-actually-legitimately-amazingly-is-suing-the-fbi?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow%22

Well this is just a weird story. According to the FBI's most recent National Gang Threat Assessment report, Juggalos are now classified as a "criminal organization formed on the street".

Shaggy 2 Dope gave this profound nugget of wisdom on the subject: "You're trying to grow love in your country and shit, then the head of your country—the FBI—just turns around and fucking kicks you in the nuts. How are you supposed to respond to that?"

To retaliate against "the head of our country", ICP filed a Freedom of Information Act against the FBI to release all of the information they used to classify Juggalos as a gang.

They also launched a site, www.juggalosfightback.com, for Juggalos to discuss how anti-Juggalo The Man is. And they posted a video where they talk to a crowd about the consequences of this report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyFjrp8lRY&feature=player_embedded

And suddenly, depressed 15-year-olds across the country feel way cooler because they think they have actual street cred.

Personally, I hate Juggalos. Can't stand 'em. But I have to take their side on this one. Classifying all Juggalos as gang members is a sweeping generalization. I understand that many Juggalos are real scumbag criminals, There are even real gangs out there that consist mostly of Juggalos, but that is a very small percentage and can not be used as an adequate sample of the entire subculture. The vast majority of them are just ignorant, trashy people with terrible taste in music, or teenagers who want to feel accepted. While I may disagree with their lifestyle, I certainly wouldn't classify them gang members.

Think about it this way: some dumb teenager who is a fan of ICP gets arrested on a misdemeanor charge. At the time of his arrest, he happens to be wearing an ICP shirt. Now he is a gang member in the eyes of the law, and will receive a harsher sentence accordingly. Because he is a fan of some shitty rap group, he is now ranked up there with real gang members who commit planned acts of assault, murder, theft, narcotics distribution, human trafficking, etc. It's just not right.

But what do I know? Not much. So put your thoughts inside me and tell me what you think about this whole thing.

God shave the queen.
kingg5
A True Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is i'd be sorely ashamed if I was robbed and raped by a bunch of clowns.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all part of a plan to throw all juggalos in jail.

It's a pretty good plan.
Up for group

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid people identify with violent lyrics and do stupid violent things. Apparently it's happened enough times with 'Juggalos' and the FBI took notice. Should all ICP fans be lumped together in a database? No, but a sufficient number of pricks has now made it an issue for all of them.

I like ICP's music (to an extent) and I've only robbed two, maybe three liquor stores, but I don't consider myself a Juggalo. I would claim to be under the influence of Michael Bolton.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
It is all part of a plan to throw all juggalos in jail.

It's a pretty good plan.

'nuff said
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
C_nate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Juggalos in their full "regalia" is a great way to judge a book by its cover.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Waits for DWDC to post*
Usually Wrong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody should be prosecuted for their taste in music, style of dress or idotic antics, no matter how much they annoy us.

So, I think this is wrong, but then again, there isn't shit I can do about it.

I'm not a fan of ICP, I don't like their fans, but I'm going to side with them on this one.

The FBI is wrong and they should feel bad about it.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know many juggalos sadly, and they hate being called "gangs." They claim their "fam" not "gangs."
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grove Street called themselves a family. Doesn't mean they weren't a gang.

Just saying.
I live in a giant bucket )))-:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all know the only way this can end is in front of the Supreme Court panel with Violent J, in full clown makeup and a three piece suit, nodding sagely as his legal team fiercely argues in his defense. Once the case is won, there will be a freeze frame of every major player as David Bowie's "Heroes" plays in the background.

God shave the queen.
NecroWolf
Usually Wrong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guan_Yu wrote:
I think we all know the only way this can end is in front of the Supreme Court panel with Violent J, in full clown makeup and a three piece suit, nodding sagely as his legal team fiercely argues in his defense. Once the case is won, there will be a freeze frame of every major player as David Bowie's "Heroes" plays in the background.

Despite the sarcasm... this would actually be awesome.
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why should we care about insane clown possee and people dressed up as ghetto clowns? It's not like they are killing anyone. Right?
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NecroWolf wrote:
Guan_Yu wrote:

Despite the sarcasm... this would actually be awesome.

Yeah, too bad the SCOTUS is lawyers only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: