More Reviews
REVIEWS D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What age did you first start playing games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hewhowasonceme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as I can remember I've been a gamer. My first memory is playing Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, and Ninja Giaden. My Arcade was a local store (one that sold pop and candy and food, before Wal-Mart and major gas stations killed them) where I played Space Invaders and Killer Instinct while my dad played pool. The smell of sweat and ass and cigarettes reminds my of my childhood because of arcades.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give an exact number, but... I remember first getting a Nintendo Entertainment System when I was five, it was a joint Christmas present for my two older brothers and I.

I'm pretty sure we had an Atari too... I have very vague memory of playing this game that was like Space Invaders, but wasn't... we also have the Atari gear lying around in the house.

I'm going to guess... maybe since I was three or four years old?

When I was a kid I was absolutely fascinated by video games. Could barely play them for crap when I was really young, but I loved to watch other people play games. I've always been a very arty and visual person so... when I was a kid, it was all about the visuals. Watching someone game was like watching cartoons or a TV show. Smile
pres50

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how identical our stories are everyone. I myself have memories from about 2 or 3 playing Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and walking right up to the screen with gun lol. From NES it just continued on from there. I never owned NES but my neighbor had both SNES and NES. Dad would also rent NES with Mario 3 from vid store occasionally. When I was about 4 my Dad won a SEGA GENESIS at horse race or something. It was hot shit at the time and came with SONIC 2. Had great memories with SEGA CHANNEL when I was about 7.
Trendkill88

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom had a NES and played the classics back in the day. Mostly either Super Mario or Friday the 13th. I got a Sega Genesis for my 5th birthday back in 93' that was bundled with Sonic 2 but I also got Jurassic Park and Mortal Kombat II. I played Sonic 2 and Jurassic Park a lot but I played MK II religiously. That's where my gaming really started.
colleen88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a nintendo when I was 8, it was a console from japan, and I have a game that comes with it and its donkey kong, I dont like that game so i need to borrow Super Mario then.
samsmith614

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played my friends Genesis when I was 7ish. Got a SNES soon after.
gamerevolution00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 5 too when i 1st played family computer (Contra).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Classic Gaming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: