More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Hand of Fate Preview
Dungeons & Dragons mixed with the Batman: Arkham series... wait, what?!
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

Hohokum
Release date: 08/12/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14


LATEST FEATURES Gaming For Good: Charity for the Win
Playing video games for charity is becoming easier everyday. Livestream, join a fundraising guild, or game at your own pace. There are many different ways gamers can contribute to numerous charitable causes.

PlayStation’s Colorful Console Past and Its Bright, White Future
Sony will release the white PlayStation 4 in September, so let's take a walk through the company's hardware history.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GR's Top 25 Xbox 360 Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: GR's Top 25 Xbox 360 Games Reply with quote

Hello all you wonderful GR community members!

We've got a very special series of features lined up for you at the end of December. As the Wii U ushers in a new generation of gaming, the GR staff is taking a look back at the software libraries of the Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

On December 27th, we'll be unveiling GameRevolution's Top 25 Xbox 360 Games, but while you wait for the staff's picks, we'd like to hear from you, so...

What are your top 25 Xbox 360 games?
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.


Last edited by Alex_Osborn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12137

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, this needs some thought. Need my notepad and everything. Be back soon Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6851

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it for only this year or ever since the console has been out?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Is it for only this year or ever since the console has been out?


Of all time, and not just exclusives—multiplats count too!

The GR staff is putting together its own list, but we'd like find out what yours are!
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12137

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine Smile

I've included Arcade games - hope that's OK.

1 - BioShock
2 - Dead Space
3 - Fallout: New Vegas
4 - Rayman Origins
5 - Fallout 3
6 - Limbo
7 - Minecraft
8 - Deus Ex: Human Rev.
9 - Halo 3
10 - Oblivion
11 - Trials Evolution
12 - Skyrim
13 - Dead Space 2
14 - Resident Evil 6
15 - Fez
16 - Halo 4
17 - Final Fantasy XIII
18 - Burnout Paradise
19 - Prince of Persia: TFS
20 - Vanquish
21 - Tales of Vesperia
22 - Devil May Cry 4
23 - Sonic Generations
24 - Fable II
25 - Bayonetta
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Here is mine Smile

I've included Arcade games - hope that's OK.

1 - BioShock
2 - Dead Space
3 - Fallout: New Vegas
4 - Rayman Origins
5 - Fallout 3
6 - Limbo
7 - Minecraft
8 - Deus Ex: Human Rev.
9 - Halo 3
10 - Oblivion
11 - Trials Evolution
12 - Skyrim
13 - Dead Space 2
14 - Resident Evil 6
15 - Fez
16 - Halo 4
17 - Final Fantasy XIII
18 - Burnout Paradise
19 - Prince of Persia: TFS
20 - Vanquish
21 - Tales of Vesperia
22 - Devil May Cry 4
23 - Sonic Generations
24 - Fable II
25 - Bayonetta


Of course it's OK, it's your list Very Happy

Great choices by the way. BioShock certainly deserves the #1 spot.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6851

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Bioshock
2. Halo: Reach
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Alan Wake
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6. Mass Effect
7. Bastion
8. Gears of War
9. Minecraft
10. Fallout 3
11. Red Dead Redemption
12. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
13. Limbo
14. Batman: Arkham Asylum
15. Mortal Kombat
16. The Gunstringer
17. Mark of the Ninja
18. Trials Evolution
19. Skate 2
20. Snoopy Flying Ace
21. Portal
22. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
23. Mirror’s Edge
24. Dance Central II
25. Sneak King
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
1. Bioshock
2. Halo: Reach
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Alan Wake
5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6. Mass Effect
7. Bastion
8. Gears of War
9. Minecraft
10. Fallout 3
11. Red Dead Redemption
12. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
13. Limbo
14. Batman: Arkham Asylum
15. Mortal Kombat
16. The Gunstringer
17. Mark of the Ninja
18. Trials Evolution
19. Skate 2
20. Snoopy Flying Ace
21. Portal
22. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
23. Mirror’s Edge
24. Dance Central II
25. Sneak King


Sweet list! I most certainly approve of your inclusion of Kingdoms of Amalur Smile
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6851

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to make Mirror's Edge last just to make fun of Dan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madster111
The Original Pie Lover


Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Posts: 6259

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mass Effect 1 needs to be high up there. Originally a 360 exclusive and one of the best games of this generation.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWqy3DOnuA

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15732

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Call of Duty 4
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
5. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
6. Medal of Honor
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
8. Halo 4
9. Dragon Age 2
10. Call of Duty: World at War
11. The Idolm@ster
12. Battlefield 3
13. Fable 2
14. Mass Effect 2
15. Street Fighter 4
16. Braid
17. Guitar Hero 3
18. Homefront
19. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
20. Gears of War 2
21. Call of Duty 2
22. Gears of War 3
23. Gears of War
24. F.3.A.R
25. Deadly Premonition

On a serious note, if New Vegas ranks lower than Skyrim, I'm going to protest. And by protest, I mean I'm going to put a sign out in front of Daniel's apartment reading "I HAVE BAD TASTE IN VIDEO GAMES!"

I am completely serious about this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12137

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard the man, everyone put Skyrim above New Vegas.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Affen
Freedom Runner


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 2040

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

25. Deadly Premonition


I haven't even played this game, but the music is so damn good in it that it deserves it's spot on the list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12137

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
Mass Effect 1 needs to be high up there. Originally a 360 exclusive and one of the best games of this generation.


See, I feel bad its not on my list as I've never played it. I waited for the trilogy as I knew it would happen - I got it fucking right for once!
Just need to buy it and play it...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
madster111 wrote:
Mass Effect 1 needs to be high up there. Originally a 360 exclusive and one of the best games of this generation.


See, I feel bad its not on my list as I've never played it. I waited for the trilogy as I knew it would happen - I got it fucking right for once!
Just need to buy it and play it...


Yes. Yes you do.
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15732

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
madster111 wrote:
Mass Effect 1 needs to be high up there. Originally a 360 exclusive and one of the best games of this generation.


See, I feel bad its not on my list as I've never played it. I waited for the trilogy as I knew it would happen - I got it fucking right for once!
Just need to buy it and play it...

Don't bother with the trilogy. Just get the first one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20683

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate ranking things, but here ya go


01. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
02. Mass Effect
03. Fallout 3
04. Red Dead Redemption
05. Batman Arkham Asylum
06. Fallout: New Vegas
07. Grand Theft Auto IV
08. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
09. Bioshock
10. College Hoops 2K8
11. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
12. Skate 2
13. The Walking Dead
14. Saints Row 2
15. Halo 3
16. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
17. Just Cause 2
18. Mafia II
19. Dead Rising 2
20. Sleeping Dogs
21. Mass Effect 2
22. Forza Motorsport 3
23. Battlefield Bad Company 2
24. Far Cry 2
25. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madster111
The Original Pie Lover


Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Posts: 6259

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i'm surprised nobody mentioned FM3 before now. I've probably spent more hours playing forza than i have walking.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWqy3DOnuA

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
I hate ranking things, but here ya go


01. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
02. Mass Effect
03. Fallout 3
04. Red Dead Redemption
05. Batman Arkham Asylum
06. Fallout: New Vegas
07. Grand Theft Auto IV
08. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
09. Bioshock
10. College Hoops 2K8
11. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
12. Skate 2
13. The Walking Dead
14. Saints Row 2
15. Halo 3
16. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
17. Just Cause 2
18. Mafia II
19. Dead Rising 2
20. Sleeping Dogs
21. Mass Effect 2
22. Forza Motorsport 3
23. Battlefield Bad Company 2
24. Far Cry 2
25. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway


Ah, Enslaved was an amazing game!
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drathbone



Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would seriously take hours of self conflict, indecisiveness and heartache to break them down in order. So I present my top 25, in no particular order:

Darksiders 1
Darksiders 2
Dungeon Defenders
Dark Souls
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Lost Odyssey (this/next gen needs more of this)
Trials Evolution
NBA Jame OFE
TES Oblivion
TES Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
The Witcher 2 EE
Halo 3
COD MW
COD MW2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Full House Poker
Fez
Monday Night Combat
Age of Booty
Braid
DA Origins

Yes, I like RPG's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum