More Reviews
REVIEWS D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14


LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GR's Top 25 Wii Games

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: GR's Top 25 Wii Games Reply with quote

Hello all you wonderful GR community members!

We've got a very special series of features lined up for you at the end of December. As the Wii U ushers in a new generation of gaming, the GR staff is taking a look back at the software libraries of the Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

On December 26th, we'll be unveiling GameRevolution's Top 25 Wii Games, but while you wait for the staff's picks, we'd like to hear from you, so...

What are your top 25 Wii games?
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.


Last edited by Alex_Osborn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to make a top 25 but looks like I only played 17 Wii games

#17 Wii Sports
#16 Will Sports Resort
#15 Resident Evil 4
#14 Okami Wii
#13 Metroid Prime Trilogy
#12 Super Smash Bros Brawl
#11 Donkey Kong Country Returns
#10 New Super Mario Bros
#09 Super Paper Mario
#08 Red Steel 2
#07 Punch-out
#06 Mario Party 8
#05 Mario Kart Wii
#04 Super Mario Galaxy
#03 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
#02 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#01 Super Mario Galaxy 2
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
I tried to make a top 25 but looks like I only played 17 Wii games

#17 Wii Sports
#16 Will Sports Resort
#15 Resident Evil 4
#14 Okami Wii
#13 Metroid Prime Trilogy
#12 Super Smash Bros Brawl
#11 Donkey Kong Country Returns
#10 New Super Mario Bros
#09 Super Paper Mario
#08 Red Steel 2
#07 Punch-out
#06 Mario Party 8
#05 Mario Kart Wii
#04 Super Mario Galaxy
#03 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
#02 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#01 Super Mario Galaxy 2


Never played Shattered Memories. It really was that great, huh?
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO yeah it was. As far as other SH games go, this was definitely the best one of the current generation of consoles.

Climax really understands how to deliver an immersive story that keeps you captivated, something the developers for Homecoming and Downpour couldn't do. However they still screwed up with the whole cat and mouse chase scenes.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wes



Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 2739

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
#2 Super Mario Galaxy 2
#3 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#4 Super Mario Galaxy
#5 New Super Mario Bros
#6 Super Smash Bros Brawl
#7 The Last Story
#8 Donkey Kong Country Returns
#9 Xenoblade Cronicles
#10 Dead Space: Extraction
#11 No More Heroes 2
#12 Punch-Out
#13 Mario Kart Wii
#14 Super Paper Mario
#15 Monster Hunter Tri
#16 Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
#17 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
#18 Muramasa
#19 Warioware: Smooth Moves
#20 Wii Sports Resort
#21 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
#22 Resident Evil: The Umbrella Cronicles
#23 House of the Dead: Overkill
#24 Trauma Center: New Blood
#25 Cooking Mama
_________________
Life is not a predetermined path but a branch of many choices that make us who we are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
#1 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
#2 Super Mario Galaxy 2
#3 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#4 Super Mario Galaxy
#5 New Super Mario Bros
#6 Super Smash Bros Brawl
#7 The Last Story
#8 Donkey Kong Country Returns
#9 Xenoblade Cronicles
#10 Dead Space: Extraction
#11 No More Heroes 2
#12 Punch-Out
#13 Mario Kart Wii
#14 Super Paper Mario
#15 Monster Hunter Tri
#16 Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
#17 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
#18 Muramasa
#19 Warioware: Smooth Moves
#20 Wii Sports Resort
#21 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
#22 Resident Evil: The Umbrella Cronicles
#23 House of the Dead: Overkill
#24 Trauma Center: New Blood
#25 Cooking Mama


Really? Skyward Sword over Twilight Princess?

You crazy! Razz
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1810

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do top 25 Wii games I could give you top 10... maybe.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (I only have Twilight Princess on the GC)
4. Last Story
5. DKC Returns
6. Super Paper Mario
7. Super Mario Kart Wii
8. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
9. Monster Hunter Tri
10. No More Heroes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20821

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
I only have Twilight Princess on the GC


Where it belongs!

GAMECUBE FOREVER!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex_Osborn



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I only have Twilight Princess on the GC


Where it belongs!

GAMECUBE FOREVER!


I can't express how much I loved the GameCube. First console I ever purchased on launch day.

But back to Wii games...
_________________
danielrbischoff wrote:
Haha, so much peer pressure in here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3200

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
4. Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
6. Castle of Shikigami
7. Boom Blox
8. Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

The only ones I played, but loved my Sakura Wars.
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noritama



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised no one mentioned this game.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum