More Reviews
REVIEWS God of War Collection (Vita) Review
God of War brings its PS2 heritage to Vita, and the results are more than a bit baffling.

Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

MotoGP 14
Release date: 09/01/14

LATEST FEATURES Water, Water Everywhere: 15 of the Best Water Worlds in Gaming
Lots of water worlds suck, but not these ones, and they're completely Kevin Costner-free.

An Updating List of PlayStation 4 Updates We Want
Sony and Microsoft have been updating their consoles regularly, but we wanted to share our own ideas for updating the PS4 firmware.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't talk about work
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Can't talk about work Reply with quote

And I'm so bored so often, and I don't have access to any other social type site except for this forum, apparently. Well, and Twitter, I suspect, but I don't want to do anything with that.

I'm currently entertaining myself by organizing paper clips and writing utensils, when I'm not unmonitored enough to be on forums. I've organized three different workstations today, and stamped a boxful of envelopes.

Not all days are like this, but today I'm stuck doing check-in for hearings, and that is only busy -- and really, excessively busy -- once in the morning, and once in the afternoon. The rest of the time is moss.

What will keep me awake? Please no animal pics, no matter how cute they are. Also, Sourdeez isn't allowed to post anything that only he thinks is interesting (not because I love you any less, mind).

Talk to me, friends.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

Maybe this will take up 5 minutes of your time in a way most pleasant.

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-how-hong-kong-comics-powerhouse-tried-enter-u-206449?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Or maybe it will do nothing for you. I claim no responsibility for that scenario!
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't view that site/page. Sad
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't talk about work Reply with quote

Sightless wrote:
unmonitored enough to be on forums

You work and an interment camp? I honestly can't believe people monitor their workers internet use other than bandwidth consumption and downloads.

When I get bored I chisel away at some work related stuff.
What do you do at home?
Want to try to learn a new skill?

Other than this site, reddit and gawker - I'd suggest checking the Volt festival in Hungary.
http://www.ustream.tv/telekom-volt2014

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Lethean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Joe McCulloch’s Comics Journal column, This Week In Comics, is a treasure trove of pop-cultural ephemera from around the world. Though nominally a new release guide, the column serves mostly as a platform for McCulloch—also known as Jog Mack—to wax about early manga, the once ultra-rare animated film Midori—The Girl In The Freak Show, Gerald Jablonski’s Cryptic Wit, and an unusually laid out Transformers / G.I. Joe crossover special. Even if you’re not a regular comics reader, McCulloch’s funny, erudite writing and curatorial eye can suck you in.

McCulloch has outdone himself this week with “A Beginner’s Guide To Jademan,” an illustrated primer on the Hong Kong comics publisher’s attempt to enter the U.S. market in the late 1980s and earl ‘90s.

From 1988 to 1993, Jademan Holdings Ltd. released 300 English translations of its most popular titles. McCulloch’s guide uses a few choice titles to explore the publisher’s house style and influences, profile some of its biggest talents, and delve into the Stan Lee-like cult it tried to develop around its mustachioed, sports-car-loving founder, Tony Wong, who would eventually ended up in prison for forgery. It’s a fascinating read.

When I copy and paste the article I realize it's a lot shorter than I first though it would be.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't talk about work Reply with quote

Sightless wrote:
And I'm so bored so often.

Sounds like someone went to visit Winnipeg.

Did you hear about the war between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia?
The Newfies were lobbing hand grenades; the Nova Scotians were pulling the pins and throwing them back.

What do you call a sophisticated American?
Canadian.

What's the difference between an American and a Canadian?
A Canadian not only has a sense of humour but can also spell it.

What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?
The taste!

And finally...
A Canadian guy, an American guy, a Japanese guy, and a Middle Eastern guy walk into a bar. They all have a couple of beers, and get to bragging. The American guy boasts, "I'm so lucky, I have 4 beautiful children, one more and I would have a basketball team." Not to be outdone, the Canadian guy retorts, "I am luckier than you, I have 5 gifted children, one more and I could form a hockey team." So, the Japanese guy chimes in with, "Well, I surely have both of you topped. I have 8 children. Just one more and I would have a baseball team." Pausing, briefly, the Middle Eastern guy replies, "Well, I am betting I have all you fools beat. my harem houses 17 wives, one more and I would have a golf course!".
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. Smile

I work for and as part of the government. I'm very much not in favour of their blocking access to things, and hopefully they'll change it in the future. I'm not holding breaths, though.

The video site blocking is understandable in the way of preserving bandwidth; we're not supposed to stream anything, which hurts. Most people in the office probably wouldn't even know what streaming is. Razz

I have things to do at work, but it's all on a timeline such that if I, like my silly coworker, start work too far ahead in the future, it becomes useless if additional information or documentation comes in in the mean time.

At home, I just... play games, chat, write cards, mostly glue myself to the computer in an unhealthy manner. Yes, I enjoy learning new skills.

Lethean, I can't believe that article uses "mustachioed". I thought that was legal only when used to describe Mario.
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid, you are terrible. Razz But I did take the few minutes to read through it. Was it worth it? Hmmm...
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bit of an unlucky scenario, Sightless, sorry to hear about that.

Very understandable that you don't have access to websites like streaming and stuff. I work in government too and we got the same here, lots of sites are blocked and stuff.

However... because I work in a multimedia unit, we have two sources of Interwebz. We have our government Internets, then we have a regular business Internet. The latter we can use to access anything we want, like being at home, nothing blocked. The reason for this is because when we need to figure out how to do something (say I forgot how to do a particular function or technique with our Canon 5D Mk III DSLR), I'll just YouTube it and surely someone will have a tutorial.

Despite our freedom on the Internet, I still have to be a little bit careful.

What sort of skills would you like to learn, Sightless? What interests you, skill-wise?

Bow hunting skills? Nun chuck skills? Computer hacking skills?

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this video, has me thinking a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTUW-owa2w

Also about to go to the opera. showboat here i come!
Lethean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
I just discovered this video, has me thinking a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTUW-owa2w

Also about to go to the opera. showboat here i come!

I want to go to the opera one day. When I'm rich enough.
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the standing ticket for 10 dollars, but it's first come first serve so get up at 8 in the morning and get them!

May i suggest investing in a cane stool? MAke it at least 1 meter high.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sightless wrote:
Was it worth it? Hmmm...

The answer to that question can be found in another one: Were you as bored as you said you were?
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a job where I was bored enough to surf the web.
Lethean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:

What *is* your job? I was wondering the other day what a lot of people here do for work.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting question, Lethean. What does everyone around here do for work? Razz

I AM CURIOUS!

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Designer/Production Manager at a company that installs graphics to interior offices, external surfaces and vehicles.

NEXT!
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the maintenance guy at our McDonald's, which essentially means I clean all night long. I also fix broken things, because people over here don't know how to troubleshoot a problem.
100% sexy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
That is an interesting question, Lethean. What does everyone around here do for work? Razz

I AM CURIOUS!

Scrotum shearer
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Green_Lantern wrote:

What *is* your job? I was wondering the other day what a lot of people here do for work.

I work in the legal department for one of the largest railroads in the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: