More Reviews
REVIEWS Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.

Faster Than Light: Advanced Edit Review
FTL's Advanced Edition is a natural fit for the iPad. But whatever platform you're playing on, the new content adds depth and variety.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP danielrbischoff
Peace in the Era of Call of Duty
By danielrbischoff
Posted on 04/15/14
In a world dominated by violent media, Americans are no more eager to go to war than they were in the 1980s or the 1960s or the 1940s. Hasn't it always been someone else's problem? The overwhelming majority would rather go on thinking it had nothing to do with them and there...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Critics and audiences agree it's the #1 movie of the year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Critics and audiences agree it's the #1 movie of the year Reply with quote

I'm talking of course about Jack Ryan but couldn't fit it all into the title.

But I don't want to actually talk about Jack Ryan, take it to the movie thread. I saw a TV spot for this movie and they're claiming it's the #1 must-see movie of 2014. But is that really fair? It's only January for frig sake.

Anyways... What else gets the unfair treatment? What have you seen this January that is your favorite of the year... Thus far...

It doesn't have to just be movies. You can list TV, books, music, whatever. And it doesn't have to be released in January, as long as it was new to you this year you can name it as the best thing of 2014!!!!!! ...so far.

I read a book on tea this year and it's the best book I've read in 2014!!!! ...so far
I played Bioshock Infinite for the first time and it's the best game I played in 2014!!! ...so far
I saw I, Frankenstein and it's the best movie of 2014!!!! ...so far

Last edited by WickedLiquid on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I Frankenstein could be the only movie I saw and just be the worst.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the first movie I've seen in theaters. So by default it gets best movie and worst movie of the year. The bar is set waaaaaaaay low to top that stinker.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should rarely go see any movie released in January. To Hollywood, January is the dumping ground for all the shit they know is terrible, but still have to put out because they wanted to at least make some money back. This is because less people go to the movies this time of the year than any other time. Also, Oscar fatigue. They usually try to release their best movies closer to the actual vote, because then they'll be fresh in the minds of Academy Voters. The start of the year is as far away from that as you can get.

Every once and a while you'll get something like Jack Ryan that isn't completely terrible and was pushed back for other reasons. Or something like Monuments Men, which is coming out in a couple of weeks only because they needed more time to finish it.

Otherwise, it is probably garbage, especially if January/February was the original release.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't every trailer say that, no matter how shitty the movie is?
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure when White Chicks was released nobody said it was the best movie of the year.
Master_Craig
Wannabe Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only new movies I've seen in 2014 are...

-The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
-Frozen
-Saving Mr. Banks

I've watched some older movies this year, but they don't really count because they didn't come out in 2014. I'll list them regardless.

-Commando
-Predator
-Stay Hungry
-The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
-The Heat
-(half of) The Lone Ranger

It's way too early to say but my favourite film of the year so far is easily The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: