More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Witcher 2 Enahnced

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: The Witcher 2 Enahnced Reply with quote

During the steam holiday sale I picked this up for I think 7.49 or something like that thinking why not. I maxed everything out and it gave me horrible frames per second. So I upgraded my GPU and now it runs like butter. Except with ubersampling. It's still playable but you definitely notice the hit.

Anyways, fo not utilizing DX 11, this game is beautiful. I love the combat and how you need preparation (I went in blind on just the first few enemies during the assault in the prologue with the King and I failed miserably.) I must admit, I felt some dialogue was missing but maybe I just felt lost during some conversations because I never played the first one. Either way, for the first bit I had no idea what the hell was going on story wise.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry even with my rig I couldn't top out past 80fps with ubersampling. Its a dx9 game so it doesn't have some of the optimizations that come with dx11.

The graphics do look good, its a good testament to what good artists can do for a engine.

I actually didnt feel like the story was crazy good but it was adequate. I did read there are something like 6 different endings but I only finished the game once. My ending was good so I didn't feel a want to try anything different.

This game also has my favorite Heroin in it. More strong female characters please!

Like LIiara, Samantha Traynor, Miranda Lawson...
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your specs Sourdeez?

And I agree about the character. When I saw Geralt in bed with a naked woman I thought they were going to just make her some bimbo for his amusement and he would quickly kick her out of bed. Then she spoke. And there was dialogue with mutual respect and she was given some weight and importance and..Well, she wasn't just placed there to look hot!

The fact that you pointed that out, I think I'm going to like you!
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel 3770k
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL Tridant X DDR3 2666
Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3
GPU: Zoatac 680 GTX Sli
Raid 0 corsair 60gb ssds

With ubersampling on I would commonly get 45-80fps and it would fluctuate wildly
Without ubersampling I could hit 60-100fps.

I played the first before the second but to be honest its really not that great of a game and really shows its age. Im glad I did it to better understand the backstory but you probably couldnt pay me to play it again.

Im very glad you enjoyed the second one. I at least want to signal to developers that story driven RPGs matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: