More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fuck you old man winter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icepick
Professional Pocketpool Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Fuck you old man winter Reply with quote

I pride myself on being a northerner, I whip my beat meat out to piss in -40C without flinching, but what the fuck is this retarded shit. +3, +5, -25 with 75 cm of snow (i think it's fairly close to 3 feet for you Imperial bastards) dumpped on us on one weekend.

The whole city shut down, which meant no plows, no buses, no nothing, what was a nice hour and a half long walk along the lake to work became a fucking scene from Game of thrones, north of the mother fucking wall, only instead of dead rangers, it was ford fiesta's that littered the ground, easily 12+ accidents visible on my walk home, and seeing as the snow is so deep, the sidewalks, especially along the two bridges I have to cross were inaccessible, forcing me to walk on the road and get clipped by not 1 but 2 fucking cars

anyone else in the southern ontario/northern michigan area handling this shit?
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big dumps in Utah, this year. I've never been in a snow related accident, but dang, why don't people automatically think "Uh oh, inclimate* weather. Better drive a little safer." WHY?!

* Not in the default Firefox dictionary.

o--(^-^)--o
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakon
In Transit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in Toronto? How come you don't hang with Wicked and I?
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No snow currently in Missouri Crying or Very sad

Stay safe. "WINTER IS COMING!"........oh wait

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cold as fuck here.

Meaning, it was like 45 degrees here. How the hell can people live in colder weather than this?

Of course, I'm used to 105 summers, and that would fry most people.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my area of PA didn't get affected by this, luckily. Instead, we received one day of 66ºF weather to a 10ºF the next day. This immediate climate change f*cks my sinuses up.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:

Meaning, it was like 45 degrees here. How the hell can people live in colder weather than this?

See, when I move to California, after being here, I imagine I'd never wear pants again. Just like my grandpa.

o--(^-^)--o
Icepick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakon wrote:
Are you in Toronto? How come you don't hang with Wicked and I?

I'm a 2 hour drive, in lovely peterborough, and by lovely I mean shit. Granted this city did produce both me and Lethean,
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Fuck you old man winter Reply with quote

Icepick wrote:
I pride myself on being a northerner, I whip my beat meat out to piss in -40C without flinching, but what the fuck is this retarded shit. +3, +5, -25 with 75 cm of snow (i think it's fairly close to 3 feet for you Imperial bastards) dumpped on us on one weekend.

The whole city shut down, which meant no plows, no buses, no nothing, what was a nice hour and a half long walk along the lake to work became a fucking scene from Game of thrones, north of the mother fucking wall, only instead of dead rangers, it was ford fiesta's that littered the ground, easily 12+ accidents visible on my walk home, and seeing as the snow is so deep, the sidewalks, especially along the two bridges I have to cross were inaccessible, forcing me to walk on the road and get clipped by not 1 but 2 fucking cars

anyone else in the southern ontario/northern michigan area handling this shit?

i dunno, i'm close to you and this stuff doesn't even phase me. i still went grocery shopping and to the liquor store and out for dinner didn't even think twice about it, yesterday. i love drivin in this shit.

Longo_2_guns wrote:

frequently gets hotter than 105 with humidity in the summer where it's a giant snow storm right now.

also.. be thankful you live in southern ontario icepick. my brother lives in kapuskasing, it's been -50-55C with windchill this winter, -40-45 without. About 11 hours north of London.

that's -67F to the americans.

edit: had no idea you were in peteborough now icepick. i was up there the other weekend visiting my GFs brother. guess there was a huge hockey tournament that weekend, we watched her nephew play.

edit again: yea i missed the whole temperature fluctuation point in your post. it's fucking annoying, sucks having dogs when the weather is like this and half the winter the backyard is a swamp. I wish it'd just stay below 0, at the very least, until spring.

i cant believe i walked to work in my shorts and t-shirt in january, it was like 15C. the next day when I had to walk home it was -15C. that was embarrassing, and painful.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's outside my door this morning, my God is it a beautiful day.

We only have about 1.5 feet though, if you really have 3 feet thats quite the difference.
Icepick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ not quite 3 feet, almost though, conservative estimate 2.5-2.8 feet

although monday will be +10, meaning it will all melt, just finished the driveway, snowbanks on each side up past my waist

plus if I had motorized transportation I wouldn't mind so much, a 2 hour walk in, 9 hour shift, 2 hour walk back really takes out any minor enjoyment the snow may have brought

as for the hockey tourny, highschool friend of mine played in it and had his nose slashed open, theoretically we could have very well been in the same area watching the same game....
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at my mom's house in Oshawa and spent the day shoveling out her double driveway. Woke up this morning to see the plow truck create a 5 foot high wall of frozen snow at the bottom of the drive way.

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this

People got out of their cars on the 401 to shovel themselves a path off the highway, lol.

I just know this is going to turn into a "Meanwhile in Canada" Meme.
spartan317

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the ups and downs... snow and cold followed immediately by 45 degree sunny days with a -15 wind chill night... Montana
Wes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The storm kept fucking up my internet. Luckily I had cable and blu-rays to pass the time.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
The storm kept fucking up my internet. Luckily I had cable and blu-rays to pass the time.
That reminds me, I wonder how companies planning always-online DRM for all of their products intend to control the weather.

o--(^-^)--o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: