More Reviews
REVIEWS Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Review
Does Beyond Earth lead humanity to a better world or into a nest of aliens?

Screencheat Review
The first FPS in history where looking at your friends’ screens isn’t cheating; it’s a requirement.
More Previews
PREVIEWS NHL 2K Preview
NHL 2K has a timely return on mobile devices for your on-the-go hockey fix.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved
Release date: Out Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Release date: 11/04/14

Far Cry 4
Release date: 11/18/14

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Release date: 11/18/14

LATEST FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

PlayStation Download October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's PSN platform had new games each week along with free offerings for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Take a look at the weekly additions for October.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
I Don't Want to, but I Have To...
By oblivion437
Posted on 10/20/14
Well, Gamergate has spilled over into the mainstream media and the coverage appears to be nearly uniformly dreadful. Take " What is Gamergate, and What Does It Say About Gender In Video Games? " by David Konnow as an example.  It appears that the writer has done little to no...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm tempted to break down and get a WiiU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silios
Risible Foofaraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: I'm tempted to break down and get a WiiU Reply with quote

Solely because of Platinum Games exclusive titles.

I'm too old to be a fan boy, too tired to fight the intense console wars. I've honestly come to the point where I really don't like many video games. I can list all the games this generation I really liked on my hand.

Bulletstorm
Bayonetta
Super Street Fighter 4 AE

The first two are very flawed games but those are games that I enjoyed playing, the gameplay was what had me hooked. Don't get me wrong I like Dragon Age: Origins, but I didn't enjoy playing the game. I love everything else about the game except for the gameplay. That's more to my point, games are starting to become more about this interactive story and it feels like developers are losing focus of what makes a game fun.

Here's an example. Let's look at Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. Both really top notch games, both incredible experiences. They differ slightly by design, where Skyrim is more about exploration which is what Bethesda does best, and New Vegas focuses on discovery through the rich narrative. But neither games mechanics are 'fun', you can have fun playing the game, but I almost assure it has nothing to do with the core mechanics.

Throwing fireballs at people while running around naked is fun, but there hits a point when these massive open world games get tedious and lifeless. There's a little hidden lore Bethesda used to address this issue in Morrowind. It's called CHIM, when the player loses immersion in the game. Really cool lore writing for a game at the time. However, this just further proves my point.

Think about some of the classics. People can play a Genesis era Sonic game over and over. At the time those games were insanely simple. You're a blue hedgehog that can run real fast and you have to go right to fight this fat guy named Eggman. That was it. Later games expanded upon this, but at the core it never got all that complicated compared to when they gave the hedgehog a voice.

There's something to be said in simplicity, it's a major reason why games like Angry Birds, Stick it, and other iOS games are so popular. It's partly the reason why Chess is still played today. At its core chess is a very simple game to learn, an insanely difficult game to master.

I'm rambling here, I just think games have hit an odd transition. They're trying to tell a good narrative (and more-or-less doing a good job) but we're losing the 'game' to something that's more of an overall experience.

Good lord, who's going to read this wall of text?
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it. I think I know what you mean. There's definitely a dichotomy between what some devs are aiming for and what others are trying to do in terms of cinematics and story etc.

I'll say this about investing in a Nintendo machine, if you're going to do it, but you're unsure of the Wii U, the 3DS is the way to go. Honestly, it reminds me so much of the joy I had playing the Nintendo 64. Everything boots incredibly quickly, most games are bright and fun, while still having a little bit of maturity to keep it interesting. Fire Emblem is a great example of this. Timeless mechanics, awesome writing, and writing for slightly older audiences.

Super Mario 3D Land was another where, I didn't give a shit about the princess, I just wanted to become a platforming God and enjoy the game.

Even when I read what you're saying about Genesis era Sonic. The 3DS totally feels like that. Games aren't so involved that you can't skip text for fear of missing out on some key piece of instruction. You can launch a game and just hit the buttons and learn what they do like you would on the NES.

OK, I replied with a wall of text. Razz
Silios
Risible Foofaraw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have definitely looked into the 3DS, I was more so interested in some of the N64 ports and possible Majora's Mask port. I am not a fan of 3D, but I hear you can turn it off. I know this is the Nintendo tag, but I've been playing some really great simple iOS games lately.

Buldge
The Room
Infinity Blade series
Sonic CD (actually plays very well IMHO)
Another World (another port that was well done)
Ticket to Ride (board game, but very charming worth checking out)
Stick to It

Out of all of them, check out Stick to It. Insanely simple game, but wonderfully addictive. Also the person who developed it goes to another forum I frequent and he did a great job working off the Angry Birds idea but staying unique with gameplay. I know that sounds bias, but trust me I'm no stranger to calling out bad games.
Noritama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stare at my Wii U Hoping Monster Hunter Ultimate would be inside.. I dream of it. I want it.
kiteinthesky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean.

I dislike most newer games because the flanderization and commericialization that ruined TV and movies is creeping its way into the video game industry. Games never used to be million-dollar studio productions until big corporations realized games meant big money, and now they're dragging in the tired old cliche plots, superficial graphics/special effects over story, make-something-look-good-without-actually-being-good bullshit that ruined mainstream media because they know that's what sells. They don't understand that what made games special was their simplicity, gameplay, and the fact that developers could throw in their own original ideas without having to cater to a mass market.

It's a shame, really.
q9yqvsqc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adidas Gazelle

Adidas Gazelle is mostly a low top shoe. Some Gazelle footwear is made with suede or smooth leather and tend to be just for everyday use. Other people are made synthetic material consequently they are suitable for runners (Adipure Gazelle). In any case Gazelle shoes are very stylish to casual wear as well as for a training. They're oldschool by having a a little modern colors.

Great part about Gazelle shoes is アグ 激安 potentially they are very comfortable. They can be very lightweight and still have nice support. You may as well customize the property to look exactly how you'll like them to.

These sneakers are incredibly light and assist in achieve proper running posture. This means as an alternative to heal striking, you may be using the アグ 人気 toe/midsole to strike the ground. Adidas Gazelle Adipure shoes are low for the http://www.e-jemai.jp/mt/lib/menu.php?q=536 ground, they've already dual layer midsole to help equal distribution of force over a run.

These Gazelle shoes employ a 7mm offset from heal to toe and give a terrific sock like feel. If you're searching to escape into natural running then these running footwear could very well be for you. You can use these sneakers with socks on or without, that a wide range of people like.
q9yqvsqc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUMA Ocean Racing leading VOR race to Miami

Over five months ago, six teams laid out from Alicante, Spain to race globally in some quite extreme and hostile conditions the oceans offers. Epic Leg 5 from Auckland, Australia to Itajai, Brazil routed the teams just north of ice zones and round the famed Cape Horn. Five from the six boats were created to pause and make repairs during the leg with two teams, Sanya and Abu Dhabi, could not complete the tibia bone. After 7,500 nm, PUMA crossed the completion line just 13 minutes just before Telefonica.

Sustained a http://www.e-jemai.jp/mt/lib/menu.php?q=579 broken mast in Leg 1, PUMA was steadily making their comeback about the leaderboard. The usa based team is definitely seven points from your podium position and only 32 shows of first instance. For PUMA, Leg 6 concerns crossing the tip line first in their home country.

The race village in Miami is positioned inside the ムートン 通販 Bicentennial Park during downtown Miami and will also be open from May 6 20, 2012. The village will feature live entertainment, educational programs and lots of sailing and resist paddleboarding competitions. As soon as the fleet arrives the boats will likely be docked inside the festival for your public to buy a closer look. Use of many of the events inside the village are free.

The PUMA Ocean Racing mascot, Marmo, happens to be vacationing with the team during the entire race bringing appreciation of the value of preserving the wonders for the oceans. Every port, Marmo has been getting together with children and their families hosting アグ クラシックミニ a wide selection of fun, ocean conservation education games and activities. Hunt for Marmo's book "Marmo Saves Our Seas" due out soon.
q9yqvsqc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoe Goo Makes Your Shoes Innovative

Shoe Goo is definitely a industrial strength rubber cement that will be what precisely you are looking for in the case of dealing with your old shoes. Invented in 1972, Shoe Goo was originally meant to combat a predicament termed "tennis toe". The clear gummy glue was used on the toes of jogging sneakers that has been worn down by dragging the sneakers across the tennis court. Once Shoe Goo dried, the sneakers were considered like new.

Shoe Goo has expanded far beyond the realms of tennis アグ オーストラリア ブーツ and its currently the goto substance in relation to doityourself shoe repairs. The adhesive may be used to reattach ugg ショートブーツ soles and fill holes in heels, to name only a couple of its common uses. It costs only seven dollars, as well as being waterproof.

To apply Shoe Goo to repair a hole at a shoe begin by using http://www.e-jemai.jp/mt/lib/menu.php?q=679 some duct tape to repay the hole from the inside. This tape inhibits the Shoe Goo from forming a bump on the medial side your shoe because the glue dries.) After getting applied tape for the make the most shoe, apply Shoe Goo external. Enable glue to dry. Take the tape off in under a two hours or it could becoming a permanent feature on the shoe!

To try Shoe Goo to fix a rip inside your shoe, apply Shoe Goo to each side from the tear. Wait moments as you move the glue gets tacky, and be able to firmly press both ends together. Retain the ends up in place. Encourage the glue to dry approximately Twenty minutes before applying another layer of Shoe Goo if required.

To make use of Shoe Goo to fix a worndown part of shoe (just like the "tennis toe"), coat the shoe in the thin layer on the adhesive. Allow this layer to dry thoroughly before you apply successive layers. The job resembles painting a house or painting your fingernails: many thin layers brings a smoother, more robust protective coating than applying one thick gummy layer.

Despite whatever repair you perform in your Shoe Goo, encourage the glue to dry for a minimum of a complete Round the clock before wearing comfy again. Wearing these sneakers prematurely will put too much stress on the repair.
q9yqvsqc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exercises To counteract Sciatica

Resistance TrainingWorking with weights will aid you to build strength inside of your back. This アグ ミニ may help you better ムートン 通販 withstand the force of one's sports injury or perhaps an automobile accident. It'll also be beneficial with a fiction writer fall. The leg press machine will help you build strength inside of your legs, hips and back. Begin with a moderate weight around 80 to 100 pounds, and work to press it 10 x. Your legs will undoubtedly be bent when preparing to press the load, and they're going to remain in a straightened position when you experience finished lifting it. Do 10 presses, make a 30second break, and do 10 more lifts.

Expert InsightExercises are needed for many battling with sciatica, in keeping with Dr. Ron S. "While could be counterintuitive, workouts are usually better for relieving sciatic pain than http://www.e-jemai.jp/mt/lib/menu.php?q=645 bed rest," Miller says. "Patients may rest for your couple of days after their sciatic nerve pain flares up, but after that time period, inactivity will normally increase the risk for pain worse. It shouldn't be used as an alternative to professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. LIVESTRONG can be described as registered trademark with the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Moreover, unfortunately we cannot select every advertiser or advertisement that appears online sitemany for the advertisements are served by to be sure advertising companies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: