More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.

Ori and the Blind Forest is Enchanting as Hell If Hell Were Magical as Shit [TGS Hands-On]
I want to protect her. It. Him. That. That thing. Ori.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mother f*cking Game of Thrones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pumped for season 3.

In anticipation, I present the main theme with lyrics (no spoilers).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25KABvPbq-U
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
LawnGnome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the prominent theory and one that I share. The only person left alive that knows the truth is Howland Reed and he hasn't even appeared in the books yet. The only other way I think they could possibly find out the truth about (Book 5 spoilers) Jon's parentage is maybe something involving Bran's ability to see the past through the heart trees.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone play the video game?
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a question...

Viserys is killed by the molten gold, and Daenyrys says he isn't a true Targaryren to die from fire/heat whatever.

Then when Khal Drogo is burnt and Daenyrys goes in but survived unscathed, I assumed that was just telling us that she IS a true Targaryren.

But I read in somewhere that it was just the witches life being traded for Daenyrys' life.. which makes no sense to me, as the life trade was already made between her son and Khal Drogo.. (Still no idea what the purpose of the horses life was though)

I just assumed it was showing us Daenyrys is a true Targaryren and that is why the flames did not hurt her.
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^good questions

here's my go to when situations like this arise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql61L4TgQg8&t=1m5s
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else?
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's plausible that the molten metal killed Viserys, not the heat. I thought so.
Icepick
Professional Pocketpool Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she cant be hurt by heat or fire because she has the dragons blood, hence why she was in the scolding pool in her first scene, the flaming pyre, and later on she encounters fire again to no damage, it's got nothing to do with blood magi
Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirri Maz Duur should've kept her mouth shut. She called Daenyrys "mad" at the wrong time. Dany wasn't taking no guff at the moment. "It's not you screams i want, it's your life. I remember what you told me: only death can pay for life." Danny was simply killing Mirri Maz Duur.

"When a horse lord dies, his horse is slain with him so he might ride proud into the Nightlands."

"Tiny flames went darting up the wood
A rising heat puffed at her face, soft and sudden as her lover's breath, but in seconds it had grown too hot to bare. Dany stepped backward."

The heat from the pyre drove everyone back, but Dany stood her ground.

"and for an instant she glimpsed Khal Drogo before her, mounted on his smoky stallion, a flaming lash in his hand."

It's simple, really: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires...
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i figured icepick. Dunno where the book wiki page got the idea it was a traded life. Figured maybe it could have been something not explained well from the transition from book to screen
LawnGnome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of Targaryens died from fire in the past, Daenyrys is just one of the special/magical ones who is immune. (Book 5 spoilers) It probably has something to do with that Valerian horn that can supposedly control dragons but fills the user's lungs with fire.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_Crime wrote:
It's plausible that the molten metal killed Viserys, not the heat. I thought so.

The molten metal wouldnt affect his flesh it would just mould around the shape of his head, not killing him. Just be a tight as shit helmet. He may die soon after from complications but not instantly.

That and Daenyrys said he wasnt a true Targaeryn because of the fact it killed him.

It really sucks that im gonna have to read these books. I hate reading fiction books. But i wanna know the whole story.
Icepick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty man, look at me, I am clearly not the reading type, but I'm head over heels with this series and found the books superb, well minus the majority of the 4th book, but you can tell that's setting the stage for some major shit to go down

and I think maybe what you read about Mirri's death paying for life, they may have been referencing the dragons coming to life
incognito
Pope of Game-Revolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got like 400 pages left in A Dance With Dragons and the book is fucking insane. Way better than the show. I'm insanely addicted to the series that I keep reading the ASOIAF wiki. I have no idea what I'm going to do once I'm done with ADWD.
incognito
Pope of Game-Revolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icepick wrote:
In all honesty man, look at me, I am clearly not the reading type, but I'm head over heels with this series and found the books superb, well minus the majority of the 4th book, but you can tell that's setting the stage for some major shit to go down

and I think maybe what you read about Mirri's death paying for life, they may have been referencing the dragons coming to life

Just like 1 and 2 were staging so much shit for Book 3, Books 4 and 5 are staging so much for Book 6. Unless, Book 5 has some badass shit I haven't gotten to yet, but it seems like Book 6 is going to be a lot like ASOS. I'm so fucking pumped.

I personally really liked Book 4, even if nothing major happens. It was just fascinating and built so much on the world.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito wrote:
Icepick wrote:

Just like 1 and 2 were staging so much shit for Book 3, Books 4 and 5 are staging so much for Book 6. Unless, Book 5 has some badass shit I haven't gotten to yet, but it seems like Book 6 is going to be a lot like ASOS. I'm so fucking pumped.

I personally really liked Book 4, even if nothing major happens. It was just fascinating and built so much on the world.

I've been mired in book 4 for months. Seriously, every time I come to a Cersei chapter, I'm like, "WHY WON'T YOU JUST FUCKING DIE AND GO AWAY," because holy shit is she the worst now. Also, Brienne, because her story arch is BORING AS FUCK. But yeah, I've struggled to keep myself interested in between being super busy with school.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Icepick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Cersei's chapters were what kept me going through a feast for crows, her dive into madness is quite entertaining
incognito
Pope of Game-Revolution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brienne chapters are awful and I stopped reading around 200 pages in, because I was so bored with her chapters and couldn't get through one. Brienne's final chapters in the book are great though, so its worth it.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icepick wrote:
Actually Cersei's chapters were what kept me going through a feast for crows, her dive into madness is quite entertaining

Bitch deserved it too.

I need to finish a Feast for Crows though in the end. I kind of stopped early on in the story because I got so swamped for time, and I don't want to be spoiled so I likely won't be watching Season 3 for a while now.
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER ALERT:

The Red Wedding... BITCH! FUCK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: