More Reviews
REVIEWS Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?

About Love, Hate, and the other Review
Simple feelings. Complex puzzles.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Evolve Preview
With multiplayer action set as its focus, Evolve surprised us earlier this month by introducing a single-player campaign mode where you can switch between mercenaries.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Kalimba
Release date: Out Now

Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

LATEST FEATURES Downloadable Content Walks the Line Between Fun and Frenzied in Middle-earth
I don’t even care all that much for the Lords of the Rings brand, which makes the content falling under Shadow of Mordor’s Season Pass a pleasant surprise.

Ugly Christmas Sweaters for Gamers
If this awful trend is going to persist, you may as well do it your way.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ubisoft wants to improve pc relationship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Ubisoft wants to improve pc relationship Reply with quote

"Announcing all these partners for Uplay and a wider choice of PC games, it shows our commitment to PC, and we want to improve our relationship with the PC community,"
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/ubisoft-commits-to-improving-relationship-with-pc-gamers-17715

Ubisoft if you want to improve your relationship with pc gamers ditch that uplay bullshit. PC gamers dont want it. Some barely tolerate origins and only for Battlefield 3.

"Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed III on PC were very high quality."
If high quality means unoptimized then ok. It did have DX11 (something that should be stanard and not just considered high quality). AC3 did support txaa though which was awesome for the nvidia camp with 600 series cards(But we are very few)

Some of your games at fps locked(im looking at you from dust) and many of your other games have technical limitations including non pc friendly menus and such.

Plus lets all remember Ubisoft spouting their mouths off calling most PC gamers pirates. " It's around a 93-95 percent"

You arnt going to make any friends or customers out of badmouthing a legitimately large paying sector. Since AC1 you had packed your games with shitty DRM schemes(that have hurt your legitimate buyers) which have forced some gamers away from buying your games out of protest.(and because pirates get to play offline but not real customers.) The DRM can be oppresive from not authenticating correctly. Using up a game install any time you even just swap video cards. Always online authentication checks. etc.

We dont want UPLAY and we dont want shitty DRM and we dont want to be told its our fault when you release a product people object to.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidenote: Is TXAA better than MSAA or SSAA? I played Crysis 3 with SSAA jacked up and got like 11 FPS on the opening level. Switched to TXAA and I noticed no difference visually and had around 25-30 FPS. And is it just me or is a game totally playable at 25-30 FPS? Maybe I'm so used to the console caps now it doesn't bother me lol.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought people were happy with ACIII and Far Cry 3 on PC. Deez, weren't you posting screens and stuff?

I'll be honest with you this stuff is incredibly confusing for someone outside of the market, but I can understand how important it is when you've invested in a machine that companies promise and promise for (but never fully deliver).

Glances at Vita
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at first when you joined these boards every single post you made had something to do with getting really fucked up.

now every single post you make has some mention of directx11

that said, i do understand your rage. fight the power brother.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
I thought people were happy with ACIII and Far Cry 3 on PC. Deez, weren't you posting screens and stuff?

Far Cry 3, using a modified CryEngine, runs perfectly on PC. It's pretty, well optimized and scalable from $2k gaming rigs to $500 laptops. The DRM isn't overly restrictive, and once you drop a crack onto it, FC3 becomes an excellent game.

Ass Creed 3, on the other hand... Not so much.
It is actually to date one of the least optimized games i've ever played. Only Guitar Hero 3 is worse. It's a pain in the ass to play, no matter how good your PC is. My gaming desktop is able to run - quite literally - every game made in the last 5 years at 1920x1080 with at least 30FPS. At least, that statement was accurate until the heap of shit that is AC3 was released, a game in which i struggle to get 30FPS at 1280x720 with all the details turned down. I even went from 4.4ghz to 4.8ghz in the hopes of freeing up an FPS or 2, to no avail.

So now that we've finished talking about the 2 more recent games, how about we talk about their DRM from before 2012?
Do you like playing the games you legally bought? Have a laptop you like to game on?
Well, you can get fucked according to ubisoft. They're well known for having the worst DRM you can have - even EA backed down from the full shittiness of SecuROM. No internet, no playing your single player game. What's that? You replaced some RAM? Well, that's an entirely new PC. Enjoy another point taken off your install limit.

Ubisoft is scum if you're a PC gamer, even worse than EA. You can call up EA and they'll reset your activation limit without any hassles at all, yet the people i know who had to do the same with Ubisoft report being on the phone for over 1/2hr and having to argue and threaten to get it done.

Now, let's combine all this with the fact that you can't refund PC games.
Still blame me for torrenting everything first?

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
at first when you joined these boards every single post you made had something to do with getting really fucked up.

now every single post you make has some mention of directx11

that said, i do understand your rage. fight the power brother.

That's why I changed his forum title from nothing to...something Wink.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lethean wrote:
Sidenote: Is TXAA better than MSAA or SSAA? I played Crysis 3 with SSAA jacked up and got like 11 FPS on the opening level. Switched to TXAA and I noticed no difference visually and had around 25-30 FPS. And is it just me or is a game totally playable at 25-30 FPS? Maybe I'm so used to the console caps now it doesn't bother me lol.

In crysis 3 I run FXAA with all the graphics option on high. Its the only way I can keep the fps fluctuations between 45fps-100fps. It has some serious optimization issues or the drivers are still immature.

TXAA doesnt a awesome job at covering up temporal aliasing with only the fps hit of 2x msaa or 4x. For those who dont know temporal aliasing is when you character or camera moves the jagged edges move along straight lines. Can sometimes make trees and such flicker.

Only problem with txaa is it can cause a slight softening of textures so while its great on performance and getting rid of temporal aliasing its not nearly as pretty as GSSAA with negative LOD bias.(Which is hardware resource intensive)

The drivers for a month after AC3 came out had a sli issue in snow levels that caused strobing shadows that I could get a seizure from.

I played Far Cry 3 when it first came out. The drivers were not mature enough and resulted in wild fps fluctuation with huge drops. I read this has been fixed since but its to late Ive already finished the game.

As for Daniel. I didnt like AC3s story(Which is story is 99% of the reason I play games)
I did however enjoy Farcry 3s setting and storry when it wasn't making me scratch my head.
I can understand how it can be confusing at times that PC owners may like a game but still bash it for technical limitations, while not liking another but respecting it for its technical ability.

Thanks for the title. I cant wait for it to be changed to "But can it run at 120fps at max settings?"

Last edited by Sourdeez on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
I can understand how it can be confusing at times that PC owners may like a game but still bash it for technical limitations, while not liking another but respecting it for its technical ability.

The first Mass Effect game has incredibly shitty textures with no easy way to improve them, and yet it's still one of my favorite games.
Also minecraft, which is very unoptimized but has still made more money than some small countries.

I never had any issues with FC3, framerate was relatively smooth. SLI issue?

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC3 worked well for me, until I got my new monitor. Playing it in 1920x1080 really slowed it down. I've been playing it on lower setting to make up for it, but I'll have to try it again on high to see if it's been fixed.

o--(^-^)--o
Tyrranis
L4Y Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, after getting Driver: San Francisco on PC, I have no real issues with uPlay. The only gripe I really have is not being able to spend uPlay points on promo material for games you don't own.

Remember, 2 Rs, 1 N.. Current thetank score: 30
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be petty and act like a child. Not that I care anymore about AC the story really sucked in 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: