More Reviews
REVIEWS Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?

About Love, Hate, and the other Review
Simple feelings. Complex puzzles.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Magicka 2 Preview
How does that sing-along song go? "Magicka 2, Magicka 2, for the Playstation 4, and the PC, too..."
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15

LATEST FEATURES GameRevolution's Best of 2014 Awards
Here are all of the awards in one handy post.

The Airing of Grievances 2014
Happy Festivus! Get out your aluminum pole, and join us in one of the (made-up) holiday's annual traditions.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spaaaaaace!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Spaaaaaace!! Reply with quote

Later next month, Comet Panstarrs will likely be visible to the naked eye at night in the Northern hemisphere. Its closest approach to Earth will put it roughly 100million miles away, a bit further than the distance between Earth and our star.

Even later this year we may get another celestial treat. In late November, Comet Ison will approach and may even be bright enough to see during the day all around the world, provided it holds together and doesn't crumble as it nears the Sun.

The last time a bright comet approached that I remember was back in the late 90s. I never saw it because the whole time it was in viewing range, there was heavy cloud cover. Hopefully, we'll get to see these.

Last edited by Paradox on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I can see them too. New York is pretty bright because of the street lamps but its worth a shot in the end.
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bloody love comets. I'll keep a look out too. Who wants to join me on the bonnet of my car? We'll stare up at the night sky with a doobie.
bananable

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you wish upon a comet? Is that bad luck or good luck, I'm not sure. It's probably something like a monkey's paw. Like your wish will come true, but it comes with unwanted circumstances. "Oh, I wish for a million dollars!," and you get a million dollar bill with Obama's picture on it that you cannot cash anywhere.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be really cool to see a comet hang around during the day like that. I remember going up to one of the local ranges with my uncle and watching junk enter our atmosphere for hours and hours with his telescope.

Garbage was never so beautiful.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
I bloody love comets. I'll keep a look out too. Who wants to join me on the bonnet of my car? We'll stare up at the night sky with a doobie.

The murrikans have hoods, so i guess it's you and me who'll chill with the weed and make meandering posts on GR later that night discussing the merits of snickers vs mars bars.
(spoilers: Bounty > all)
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Panstarrs-March-16vUT-chart.jpg
Just a reminder of where to look if you want to see the comet. Telescope or binoculars are best, but it can also be seen unaided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: