More Reviews
REVIEWS Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset Review
Kingston's newest headset delivers comfort and quality without breaking the bank.

NES Remix 2 Review
DJ Nintendo is back with yet another remix of its iconic classic NES titles. Will the DJ be asked to put it on repeat? Or should this have been lost in the shuffle?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Skylanders Trap Team Preview
Don't worry, folks. Admiral Ackbar is all over this.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Release date: 05/20/14

Drakengard 3
Release date: 05/21/14

LATEST FEATURES Bandai Namco's Global Gamers Day Showcase
In Las Vegas, Ryan Bates and I poured through Bandai Namco's full catalogue of titles and learn what the publisher has in store this year.

The Gaming Charities at PAX East 2014
Pause your game and make a difference. Gamers can go beyond player two by helping many others with these charities.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
So much more than war...
By shandog137
Posted on 04/18/14
The recent blog, Peace in the Era of Call of Duty  really made me think about war games that dig deeper than simply a kill streak reward. The first game that came to mind was Spec-Ops: The Line and although I haven’t played it, I began to wonder if it did the war genre as...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Gallery of Great Final Bosses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: A Gallery of Great Final Bosses Reply with quote

***First and foremost - spoiler alerts within, duh.***

I just played the Dragon's Dogma final boss...and it was actually surprisingly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK3zT4VJcTc

I loved the different situations displayed throughout, the choice at the beginning (which is needless, but still), the sprint through the tunnel (you can run really fast here...but whatever), the bridge escape/tower climb, the ride of the dragon...and then the battle itself.
Whilst I hate the word - it was epic. Which was as a battle with a dragon should be! And the main thing was - I was satisfied. Because don't you just hate it when a final boss gets built up throughout the game, only to be incredibly dissapointed?

I'm not saying it's the best at all, it definitely isn't. It just reaches "great" for me actually. But its what triggered the topic! It just got me thinking. There are other final bosses that I feel are immense, but I wont steal them all Wink.

Name your favourite final boss battles cossacks!
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned it before, but the final boss of Ace Combat Zero is still one of the best I've ever played, if not just because it both forces you to think on your feet and still tests you on everything you learned.

It takes the flight skills of every ace you went up against prior, makes it even more skilled, gives it a bunch of dangerous weapons, and then when that's all said and done follows along with the Arthurian theme and makes you fly straight at it to deal damage, essentially creating fighter jet jousting. Oh, and you only have 5 minutes to win it. All while this is playing.. Not to mention they manage to still make the fight emotional by having a lot of character built up for the boss himself.

Yeah, it's a pretty solid boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: