More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tomb Raider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
I love how Lara Croft has changed with the times in terms of hotness.

Fro example, in the 90's we were all about giant balloon titties (don't ask me why). And Lara had those gigantic hooters that turned many innocent gamers into perves over night.

But now we're out of that giant fake boob craze and we're back to appreciating hotness in women who aren't artifical... well, ok she's a video game character... but you know what I mean! ...RIGHT?

the video game market back in the day when old tomb raider games were coming out was a much younger demographic. and younger kids are all about the big boobs at that age.

now that the age of average video gamer has gotten much older, they design her to appeal to that age group. which is the modelish slim figure petite breasts tight body look.

imo

or we could be looking into it entirely too deep and were just seeing the lead designer of laras characters ideal woman.

that said pretty sure im getting this for ps3 this weekend. seems more a console game than a pc game to me.

how it look on pc compared to ps3 anyone know? drastic difference or meh?

Last edited by intoTheRain on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played on Xbox 360 and the graphics were great.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy that Laura looks like a intelligent, respectable, good looking girl(Without wearing a ton of makeup).

Shes also intelligent and doesn't have a bitchy attitude. More proof you can have a intelligent female character who can look nice, and be nice, while still being strong.

I enjoy playing a female heroine in a game and she doesn't have to have huge tits or be wearing a stripper outfit. I would only hope we will see more intelligent,quick, normal good looking girls in video games to inspire.

She does seem to always have perfectly clean hair with TressFX though.

To me she was shaped correctly even had a relatively sensible butt.
Im just waiting for crazy women to get angry that shes too thin by today's standards Laughing
http://s15.postimage.org/n3vbqt2az/Lara_Croft_by_zelda308.jpg

On a side note Nvidia users are experiencing random crashes in the game(Has nothing to do with tressfx) According to report eidos didnt share with nvidia the game until the day before release.
Nvidia said it will be a few weeks before they release a driver fix. Ouch nvidia.
LawnGnome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is this game, and how quick timey is it? I ask because every video I've watched seems to have a lot of QTEs. Thanks.
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:

On a side note Nvidia users are experiencing random crashes in the game(Has nothing to do with tressfx) According to report eidos didnt share with nvidia the game until the day before release.
Nvidia said it will be a few weeks before they release a driver fix. Ouch nvidia.

ps3 it is
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/nvidia-apologizes-for-poor-geforce-performance-in-tomb-raider

NVIDIA Apologizes for Poor GeForce Performance in Tomb Raider
“Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final game code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided.”

The problem isn’t just with the hardware. Crystal Dynamics “will need to make code changes on their end to fix the issues on GeForce GPUs as well.” As such, they’ve promised to work closely with the developer to get folks playing again.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
I love how Lara Croft has changed with the times in terms of hotness.

Fro example, in the 90's we were all about giant balloon titties (don't ask me why). And Lara had those gigantic hooters that turned many innocent gamers into perves over night.

But now we're out of that giant fake boob craze and we're back to appreciating hotness in women who aren't artifical... well, ok she's a video game character... but you know what I mean! ...RIGHT?

According to this:
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/1fqjx1/gt-retrospectives-tomb-raider-retrospective--part-one

Apparently one of the developers was messing around with the slider that adjusts her breast. He accidentally went too far then another developer saw the result and the rest is history.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawnGnome wrote:
How long is this game, and how quick timey is it? I ask because every video I've watched seems to have a lot of QTEs. Thanks.

Hey man, I'd probably estimate the game is anywhere between ten to fifteen hours. I think realistically you could smash the campaign pretty quick if you just go straight through it, but if you're a collector and you like to find the hidden stuff (relics, journal logs, weapon upgrades, hidden tombs and whatnot) the game will obviously take you longer.

The game has a fair amount of quick times, but in my opinion they're executed well. It's a bit similar to say, Resident Evil 4, where when a quick time event occurs you gotta do it, it's fast and frantic, if you fail than that means death, which sure is annoying if you do fail and die, but honestly I prefer that than other games with quick time (e.g. The Force Unleashed, massive quick time events, if you fail, you just gotta do it again, FUUUU-). Most of 'em aren't difficult or frustrating either.

In-combat the quick time works well, when you dodge/scramble away from a melee attack, if done right, you'll have to time a button to perform a counter attack, if you fail nothing happens, you still avoid the attack but just don't counter.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to report they have now released a patch for the game that fixes the nvidia crash issues.
*thumbs up* crystal dynamics
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
I just wanted to report they have now released a patch for the game that fixes the nvidia crash issues.
*thumbs up* crystal dynamics

Wow that was quick. Developers normally take a lot longer than that.

Or, you know, never.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncharted Tomb:
Raider

Featuring really shit hair physics and some Ass Creed 3 hunting.

Also, much like BF3 the graphics are very pretty. And also make it very hard to see.
...And entirely average fire physics.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the fire graphic was the one thing that stood out to me. Its almost like just a 2d fire on her torch. Kinda odd looking.
used44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody tried the multiplayer?
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. Once I finished single player I haven't really played it since, aside from trying to track down some hidden stuff and brutally kill some bad guys I left behind.
used44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not great. There's a cool mode though where survivors collect 5 packages before cultists kill them 20 times.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds okay.

I'm not sure about dying twenty times though.

I should try the multiplayer sometime.
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss her boobs.

EDIT: Jokes aside, I started playing this game a little bit today. I really like it. I was reading previews and discussions about this game prior to this release and I was kinda worried about them making Laura seem a bit more vulnerable, and she is, but I don't see any problem with it. She is still tough as nails (who the fuck falls down like 10 feet on a spike and pulls it out of their abdomen?) and still fits into her character, just a lot younger and inexperienced. Thiu far, I think they did a good job.
mgilbert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what do you think about Tomb Raider multiplayer? For me this game is better in single.
CloacalKiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MP in TR is tacked on. Has no substance whatsoever. Sick of developer's doing this to games. They need to learn from Irrational's Bioshock games. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloacalKiss wrote:
The MP in TR is tacked on. Has no substance whatsoever. Sick of developer's doing this to games. They need to learn from Irrational's Bioshock games. Smile

They tacked on multiplayer to BioShock 2 though...

Or do you mean learn from that mistake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: