More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.

Ori and the Blind Forest is Enchanting as Hell If Hell Were Magical as Shit [TGS Hands-On]
I want to protect her. It. Him. That. That thing. Ori.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anybody else think Joss Whedon is WAY OVERRATED?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Joss Whedon show do you think is WAY OVERRATED?
Firefly
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Angel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dollhouse
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one's seen Firefly, there's no excuse. There's only like 14 episodes plus a movie, all in Netflix. Seriously, after Arrested Development, that should be our next show.
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you said

SolidSevchinko78 wrote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

What I heard

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
used44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually Icepick who said that...

So not far off!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Buffy with 2 or 3 friends, it was our guilty pleasure.

Chris_Crime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know who Joss Whedon is simply on name alone, he can't be that overrated
Affen
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really bad with names. I thought Joss Whedon was the voice actor of Wheatley from Portal 2.

Haven't really watched any of his shows and I'm not a big fan of comic book movies either.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Never to late to start. In addition to Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse are all in Netflix. Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog is also quite worth viewing as well.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew GL would have something to say about me not watching Firefly.

Or a single one of these shows. I've seen none of them.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox wrote:
^^^
Never to late to start. In addition to Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse are all in Netflix. Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog is also quite worth viewing as well.

used44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I could convince my wife to start watching Buffy.
Sightless

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started watching Buffy, after a decade of hearing everyone talk about it, then hearing about people reminisce about it, and then hearing people academically criticize/analyze it. I've watched three seasons so far, and I don't know if I would have liked it at the time, but I do now. Or at least I can appreciate it as a show, and choose watch more in my spare time.

Anyway, hey dude -- would you care to actually explain why you think these shows are overrated, instead of telling us what a jerk you think the guy who created the shows is? It's kind of boring with such a thin statement, followed by "yeah!" or "no way!".
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sightless wrote:
Anyway, hey dude -- would you care to actually explain why you think these shows are overrated, instead of telling us what a jerk you think the guy who created the shows is? It's kind of boring with such a thin statement, followed by "yeah!" or "no way!".

You gotta give us a crazy rant or a crudely photoshopped image of him.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon realizing that #whedonsucks has never, ever been tweeted, I made a twitter account for the purpose of tweeting it a lot.

That is all.
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Firefly, it's a shame it only had one season.

I didn't mind Buffy. For me though, some seasons were pretty good but some seasons I felt were just completely stupid (e.g. the nerds as villains, the commando type dudes etc). I felt those seasons were just... silly. Strangely, my favourite season of Buffy was the finale, Season 7.

Angel I thought was good, because it was similar to Buffy, more dark and less stupid. Most of Angel was pretty good.

I tried to watch Dollhouse. Hated it. I found it very boring and unappealing. Didn't interest me at all.

Serenity was a pretty good movie but then again, it's a shame Firefly didn't have any further seasons. If it did, the outcome of the movie may have been a whole lot different.

I loved The Avengers, I thought that was a great film. Joss Whedon did a great job with his work there.

It's strange to say but yes, I am a fan of Joss Whedon however in a way I do feel he is overrated. He is a great writer and director, a funny and clever guy, but I don't think he is as awesome as the Internet rates him. I like most of his work - but some people act like all of his work is the greatest thing ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: