More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3DS XL Appreciation Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: 3DS XL Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

Do you have a 3DS XL? You should get one. It's easily my favorite handheld in decades. I have not played with a single video game machine this much since the Nintendo 64 probably. It is my go-to gaming device right now, mostly thanks to Fire Emblem: Awakening and reviews, but also because of the huge number of games I own and will never get rid of because I love them too fucking much they are my children stop looking at them.

Super Mario 3D Land is on par with Super Mario Galaxy (didn't play 2).
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is the best fucking game of all time and it's in fucking 3D.
New Super Mario Bros 2 is like if Mario snorted a shit load of cocaine, opened the vault and just rolled around in the coins he's collected over the years. Sure, some of them are spread across classic Mario level design, but that's the equivalent of rolling around for Mario. He's always on the move.
Resident Evil: Revelations. Now, I am actually too scared to keep playing this game. It's way scarier than everything else in recent Resident Evil: Games, and now they're making it super console, mercenaries bull-shitty for 360 and PS3. Screw that. Put some headphones on, plug your 3DS in, get comfortable, and slide that 3D in to FULL EFFECT. I don't need to tell you about the super nice visuals.
Mario Kart 7. Arguably the best in the series since Mario Kart DS.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is new and what I've played I've liked, so I'm gonna throw that on the pile too.
Etrian Odyssey IV if you're into Atlus crap and I am but holy shit is this game long.
There's also Professor Layton games, some other JRPG obscurities, a Kingdom Hearts game which might as well fucking be KH3 with super cartoon graphics.
Then there's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy which pays awesome tribute to FF music and is a hardcore deep Elite Beat Agents if Elite Beat Agents were super flamboyant and had a shitload of zippers and stuff in the later levels.
Kid Icarus: Uprising which holy mother of God this game is like a console game, tons of content and super fast gameplay and therefore impossible to play with the stylus and 3D on later difficulty levels.
A unique port of the MGS3.
A TALES GAME HOLYMFSMFW
Shinobi and Castlevania so long as you go in with lowered expectations can still be fun combat/platformers.
A cool port of Cave Story and like 30 fucking Lego games already, I'm serious.

I could go on, truly. This was a slightly more vulgar look at the 3DS library than I was anticipating, but that's how enthusiastic I am and honestly, if you have anything to complain about in modern gaming, you need to get a 3DS and invest some time in it because it is the same level of joy I had with the N64 and that was MY console growing up. I was a little late to the party but that was the first home console I had, and these games are so good and they're modern enough, but they feel so familiar at the same time. No second analog stick to complicate stuff (which also means there's less shooters on the system and therefore way more light hearted in nature).

I mean, it had a rocky start, and no, you don't have to use the 3D (though some games are better for it). Just go buy a 3DS (XL, not the small one your eyes will thank you for it later).
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendo will release a Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL bundle in September.
In September, Nintendo will gain my money.

Really wish there was a 3DS R4 cart. Region locking really pisses me off, so that's the only reason Nintendo are yet to get my money. I refuse to pay more than americans while our dollar is higher and has been for damn near a year now. ($30 vs $65 games)
I might even end up buying a used US one and just waiting the week or so for X/Y to ship over.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: