More Reviews
REVIEWS Boo Bunny Plague Review
If you think you can enjoy the definition of budget game design, this one might make you laugh.

Minimum Review
With so many shooters crowding the marketplace, it’s refreshing to see Minimum take the low-fi route through Steam Early Access.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Sunset Overdrive Co-op Is a Thrill Ride and a Half: TGS Multiplayer Hands-On
I play a co-op round of Sunset Overdrive with seven other people at the Tokyo Game Show.

Ori and the Blind Forest is Enchanting as Hell If Hell Were Magical as Shit [TGS Hands-On]
I want to protect her. It. Him. That. That thing. Ori.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137 Background: I own and have completed every entry in the Ninja Storm series, so there is inherent bias but luckily this isn’t a review. These are just my thoughts on a fun series I chose to pick up after my Dragon Ball Z Budokai days. I am also only about 3 episodes behind in the...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AMD Unveils its Heterogeneous Uniform Memory Access (hUMA)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: AMD Unveils its Heterogeneous Uniform Memory Access (hUMA) Reply with quote

AMD's hUMA technology builds upon the "intelligent computing architecture" featured in the company's APUs and aims to properly utilise the processing power offered by GPUs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-HSA-hUMA-APU,22324.html
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean the end of multi-core CPUs with parallel tasks being moved to the integrated GPU?
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have video editing and rendering software that uses Cuda cores from my video cards but the program has to support it specifically.

This looks like you will be able to try to run not specifically supported programs on your gpu.

If its works, that would be awesome
Or its going to buggy.

I support innovation even from the other side.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed interesting news. Would've been cool to see this on the PS4/Infinity, but maybe next time.
Wonder if we'll see this in laptops soon. Haswell is almost out and i'm keen to get me some HD4600/GT3 action.

You know, seeing stuff like this combined with AMDs already excellent APU graphics performance and the fact they're supplying all the next-gen consoles makes me wonder if they're going to overtake Intel/Nvidia soon. If AMD can increase their CPU performance and start making drivers that suck less, i'm thinking there's a good chance.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: