More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Terra Battle Preview
Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi formed Mistwalker to create new role-playing games, but the studio's latest goes mobile with deep strategy mechanics.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Madden NFL 15
Release date: Out Now

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!

inFamous: First Light Battle Arena Hints, Strategies, Tips [Stream Over]
Watch as I build out our feature of useful tactics for players in Sucker Punch's wave-based and arcade-awesome arena mode.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any of you still play Guild Wars 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Any of you still play Guild Wars 2? Reply with quote

I'm eagerly awaiting Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and need an MMO to play. I've been thinking about returning to Guild Wars 2 and leveling a new character. I hit level 80 with my Engineer but I hate the class.

Anyone still play or thinking about coming back?
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last patch(320.00) finally fixed the client performance issues with 600 series nvidia cards for me. Its insane how long the game was broken for high end cards and Anet wouldn't work with nvidia to correctly address the issue.
Every two weeks for the past 5 months Id log in, check to see if it was fixed and then report that it wasn't fixed. Most of the time Anet wouldn't even reply to me or they would use an excuse saying that their tech department cant communicate with the customer service department.

WTF your customer service department cant communicate your tech department!?!
Anet has really soured the relationship with me. If you aren't willing to fix your game so high end systems can play it was well you walking down the path of many other recent MMOs.
Im also still bitter there is no announcement for dx11 support.
Gaile Gray back in development promised dx10 support. Then they backtracked and said "We only meant dx10 video cards will be able to play it. We need to make it directx 9 so that all systems will be compatible with the game"
We are pc users, we know how video games work. WOW has dx9 or dx11 renderer.
If you want to make the game run on lower end system then put in options boxes to lower or turn off some graphics features for low end systems. Not cap the game in the knee(And inadvertently ruined performance for high end systems for a long time)

Ive already bought a month of wow subscription though. If I dont play wow, I feel like Im wasting my money. Once my wow month is up though I think I would be willing to give GW2 another try.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Thu May 02, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I have a 90 in WoW but every time I go back I play alone and get bored. I wish it was 1 server like EVE.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Bnet friends it is a lot like having one server now. You can enter each others servers while questing. You can run dungeons together, even raid together cross server.

Its really nice because all my friends went and started new characters on a different server and I still get to dungeon and raid with them with my original Pally I've had since Vanilla..
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man I realized that after I posted, haha. I guess that's no excuse for me to not play... but damn I've spent so much time in WoW. I feel like a failure of a human being whenever I go back.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to do heroics, You should pm me your Bnet address and run some heroics together.
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I'll pass on going back this time. The gear grind has gotten old.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Have fun in GW2 bro.
213EDD

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love every minute of it. I am currently playing it and having a fun as hell time. To be fair I often want to gouge my eyes out completing pvp monthly. Also Fractals are pretty much the only worthwhile means of acquiring extremely good content, of course these being ascended items. When it comes to getting the best 80 gear you would be wrong if you thought you had to grind anything to be like 90% of everyone else. Of course then there is WvW commander rank which is a tad ridiculous being how much WvW you need for the max rank then also needing 100 gold for the upgrade.

However when it comes to getting good amounts of gold it can be broken down to a formula. Focus on major world events like the Shatterer or Jormag as well as shrines of the gods. Basically you get two good gold items (which if you salvage can give you ectoplasm and that is used to purchase certain ascended items 50 or so but u can also purchase in one go via auction house 20 silver per. Also instead of instances being one run per day you can now get 60 seals or marks per run and that swaps over at 7 or 8 pm the following day allowing you to complete daily's which give you laurels (1 per day and monthly non pvp gives you 10) and laurels are used to purchase Ascended items as well. And this especially important for fractals being that you can get a ring every day you do one over level 12 and only even numbers can give daily chests (fractal only concept). But indeed this game has a huge problem. Epics are quite literally useless and only used for skins, pretty much if you have one its just a sign of status but I hate that lame as hell blur effect and avoid these.

Another major problem is finding groups, which most people use http://gw2lfg.com/ to find a group (which is fucking awesome, nonstop instances!) ANet of course claiming to be launching a LFG system this year however to me it seems pointless when this website can do everything.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GW2 pissed me off way too much after launch. Patch after patch got worse and worse for me in terms of lag and others issues so I just gave up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: