More Reviews
REVIEWS Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.

Super Smash Bros. (3DS) Review
Nintendo’s first brawler, combining characters from all over its universe, lands on a handheld for the first time and it sure packs a wallop.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Neverwinter vs World of Warcraft Review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: My Neverwinter vs World of Warcraft Review Reply with quote

I have a problem. Every time a new MMO comes out I feel like playing World of Warcraft again. Consequently, I end up making YouTube videos to compare the two.

Well, Neverwinter came out this month and I quickly went back to my bad old habits. Here's the resulting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYWAHDsaaVs
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most my wow friends have left for never winter. Most are just ready to move on to a nonsub game. Half going to NW and the other half going back to GW2. The good news is nvidias new 320 series drivers finally fixed the gw2 client performance issues with 600 series cards........You know...... over 6 months later. To be fair Anet refused to work with nvidia on the issues so I blame them mostly.

You are so calm in this review. I remember you being a bit different in Vent Laughing
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish GW2 lasted me longer. I hit level cap then hated the game. The leveling experience is certainly where 95% of development attention was spent.

Neverwinter is good but is destroyed by its Zen Market. I wouldn't consider going back now that I know how intrusive it is. I'd rather pay $14.99 and have them STFU. Smile
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that really keep me attracted to GW2 is that you can change in game gold into cash shop currency. Its also not buy to win.

That's the real tradeoff to me. Either I want a mmo with a sub that give you access to everything as long as you invest time with no buy to win.
or I want a f2p in which you can use ingame gold on the cash shop and still no buy to win.

If you ever get to use your mmo reviewers weight, I would love to hear your thoughts after trying Archage.

Last edited by Sourdeez on Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad is the Zen Market? What do they sell there? Personally, I don't mind if it sells them cosmetic stuff or stuff that helps them gain exp or gold a little faster since it pays for the game after all. Only as long as they don't sell power.

And also, are you insane showing your face to the public? Now those Secret World guys know what you look like. So if you need a bodyguard for the E3 event, I could soak up bullets for you but not in the face. Razz
Jonathan_Leack

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
How bad is the Zen Market? What do they sell there? Personally, I don't mind if it sells them cosmetic stuff or stuff that helps them gain exp or gold a little faster since it pays for the game after all. Only as long as they don't sell power.

And also, are you insane showing your face to the public? Now those Secret World guys know what you look like. So if you need a bodyguard for the E3 event, I could soak up bullets for you but not in the face. Razz

First of all... LOL. Good point. Maybe I'll cosplay in an Assassin's Creed costume to hide my identity.

The Zen Market is a joke. It's $6 to respec, $10 for a bag, etc. It's the worst I've personally experienced.

Oh, and for good measure: THE SECRET WORLD WENT FREE TO PLAY. LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: