More Reviews
REVIEWS Hatoful Boyfriend Review
Before this review, there seemed to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece; a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety...

Murasaki Baby Review
When a little girl with an upside-down face finds a balloon, you better protect it from monsters!
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Assassin's Creed Unity Interview: Ubisoft Talks Multplayer, Next-Gen Development, More
Ubisoft's first "truly" next-gen entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise takes the fight to France. Here's what you can expect.

PlayStation Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's platforms always get plenty of new digital software and we'll bring you the list each week with the rest.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What would past you say about present you?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: What would past you say about present you? Reply with quote

Years ago in the past, how would you view yourself now?

So, for me, past me would be surprised at how much I've grown, but disappointed at the same time for reasons due to alcohol and other college issues. Past me would also be disappointed at how few video games I play.

So how about you? What you would you three years ago say to yourself now?
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost touch with my drawing a little bit. Not doing it as much thanks to other stuff going on. My past self would probably tell me to keep drawing.

I'm telling him to keep drinking whisky and shut the fuck up.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My past self would probably view me as someone looking like him.
In all seriousness (holy shit, it is a word) I'm happy for being me. All these people around my area are like everyone in elementary school, always trying to be like everyone else. I'm glad I got through that phase. I'm happy to be unique. Unfortunately, I became a truth speaker and telling people my honest opinion. I found out truth really does hurt both physically and mentally. People need the truth, so i"m gonna give it to them.
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past me would be like, "why are you getting chubby, stop that now."

FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long ago are you talking about here? 10 years? Highschool? Well, high school was abut 10 years ago for me so I'll go with that.

There is no way in hell past me would've been able to predict how my life would turn out and would be surprised that I am still not done with college. Of course he would ask "Where da white women at?" and will think I am a faggot for setting down with programming as a profession. At that point I will tell him to shut up and suck down some alcohol

I will then give him $5,000 and tell him to put $4,000 of it into apple stock and $1,000 into bitcoins when they are introduced in a year.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past me: "Dude!!!!!"

Current Me: "Dude!!!!!"
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
Past me would be like, "why are you getting chubby, stop that now."

Yup. Past me would look at current me and never leave the gym.

Other than that - Depends on how far into the past. I've made decent choices. Future me would probably tell past me.. "look, this is going to be your life unless you do X,Y, & Z everyday. Oh yea, also, Play these numbers (on this date - the date where no one wins so you don't have to split the profits)."

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My past self would ask, "Is it masturbation if I have sex with you or would it be incest?" Then I'd smack my younger self on the head.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
Past me: "Dude!!!!!"

Current Me: "Dude!!!!!"

Haha
Wes

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past me would be happy I've gone back to school but would be upset that I can't study and party and live on no sleep.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
My past self would ask, "Is it masturbation if I have sex with you or would it be incest?" Then I'd smack my younger self on the head.

And that was the last time anyone saw past Jim EVER AGAIN!
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past me would call me a lazy bastard and wonder where all my money went.

But you know what?
Fuck past me. That guy's a dick. Always eating the last packet of chips or spending money on useless bullshit.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would tell my past self...

Quit complaining about rap it's not going anywhere. Quit complaining about The Simpsons declining in quality, it's not going anywhere. Quit complaining about MGS2, the third game will make up for it and the 4th game will sort out the mess it started.

Stop looking forward to the next Silent Hill game, you know it won't be as good as part 2.Stop worrying about SARS, H1N1, Mad Cow, Killer Bees and Y2K, all of that was just bologna. In fact in the future the new scares will be Bath Salt Zombies and a 2012 apocalypse theory that has nothing to do with a Mayan prediction yet everything to do with the Mayan's ending the calender.... Yes I'm serious.

The emo phase will run its course, but then the hipsters will take over. What's a hipster? Oh youi'll see... YOU'LL SEE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/2KfpktbFdZc

o--(^-^)--o
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think past me would be shocked to see future me. Past me used to be very overweight, very shaggy, lazy and didn't really have much commitment or drive. Past me pretty much was a nice guy who enjoyed drawing, playing video games, drinking alcohol, eating junk food and spending time with friends. Past me was in university studying, but didn't really have much drive or direction.

Now I've lost all that weight, have gotten fit, exercise regularly and I train/compete in Judo and some other martial arts. I finished uni, have a full time career in multimedia, I continue to draw to this day in hopes of getting a career out of it. I don't drink nearly as much or often and I don't have junk food very often either - although I still adore certain junk foods.I still love video games, but play them only when I get the time. I feel very motivated and I feel I have much more drive before, a better sense of purpose.

I think past me would say to future me, "Dude, you still don't have a girlfriend?"

If I could make this question "vice versa" and say something to my past self? It would be these things.

-Get your fucking driver's license already.
-Start doing Judo. Right now.
-Draw every day.
-Lay off the alcohol and junk food, would you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: