More Reviews
REVIEWS Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.

Super Smash Bros. (3DS) Review
Nintendo’s first brawler, combining characters from all over its universe, lands on a handheld for the first time and it sure packs a wallop.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So, how bout that Xbox One?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon, we're all going to have permanent indentations of our palms in our faces.

o--(^-^)--o
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Microsoft has received a nearly universal negative response to the one? Because, oh man. This could seriously break the fucking company if the press doesn't get better, because nobody is going to be buying one of those at this rate.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, just try ONE!

/ad campaign

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Microsoft has received a nearly universal negative response to the one? Because, oh man. This could seriously break the fucking company if the press doesn't get better, because nobody is going to be buying one of those at this rate.

The only people I've seen who didn't respond negatively(Front page comments) decided to respond positively because they saw everyone else responding negatively.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:

Microsoft is already hurting from people calling them out on that Windows 8 bullshit. Hell, Intel and everyone else is pissed off at MS because Windows 8 is so shit it's affecting PC sales in their entirety, costing manufacturers millions upon millions.
So you're more correct than you might think. If the One tanks (which it will), Microsoft will be in serious trouble for the first time in a while. They've probably already banked several billion dollars into the One.

I also really, really hope Sony don't go for the blocking used game sales and always-on thing. Not because i won't buy the PS4, i'll do that anyway. But i hope they piss EA off enough that EA go Xshit1 exclusive, so they can burn with microsoft.

Remember my posts a few months ago talking about the next console market crash, and you guys thought i was a dickhead?
What if Sony overprice the PS4 at launch again? How well do you think the market will be, then?

[thinkaboutit.gif]
Mod bros, if one you has it please edit it in.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Ashalar

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nail on the head with that one Madster.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that Call Of Duty Xbox One exclusive DLC is cats.

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
Hilarious XBox one reveal

hahahaha

That was amazingly amazing.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this.

UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-clears-up-confusion-surrounding-alwayson-used-games-and-kinect-19717
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know...i'm looking at this...and I cant help but ask, is this just the beginnings of the next step in console gaming as it tries to emulate the success of the PC market?
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinksOcarina wrote:
You know...i'm looking at this...and I cant help but ask, is this just the beginnings of the next step in console gaming as it tries to emulate the success of the PC market?

That's an interesting point, but there are some key differences between the two. Steam DRM and other services exist because it is far easier to pirate content for PCs than consoles, because there is no proprietary DRM inherent to the platform. Consoles have a layer of DRM already included in that you have to buy their games that use their proprietary code.

However, if some of the game trading shit that microsoft is doing was announced as a new program by steam, I'm sure a lot of people would be celebrating, because currently we have no options like that.

I guess the difference is that Steam has had years to build a solid reputation, and Microsoft has done nothing but shit on itself for a while now. Plus, what they're doing this generation is really just a stepping stone to what PCs have currently, and it seems a bit disingenuous to me. I think if they were a bit more honest with their intentions, rather than trying to make it sound nice with fancy press releases, things would be a little better for them PR-wise.

My only other comment would be that PC gaming requires a bit more of an investment than consoles do. You really have to know our computer well, hardware, software, etc. People willing to make that kind of investment are more likely to be accepting of the DRM steam provides, simply because that's what's available, and most of us know how serious of an issue piracy is to the industry right now. The vast majority of console gamers, however, are fucking idiots when it comes to technology, and what MS is doing here will never make much sense to them, because a lot of those people are just casual gamers (or only play madden and call of duty) and don't pay attention to the rest of the industry.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny joke

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it at all possible that all this negative feedback might influence Microsoft to make some changes before releasing the One?

The 24 hour internet check isn't THAT big a deal. I'm sure it's just a way to ensure nobody can mod their Xbox and play burned games for free. It sucks to be a hacker but you couldn't use a 360 online if it was modded anyway (as far as I know). And having the internet is so common today, it's like complaining how you need electricity to run your xbox.

The thing that bugs me is the whole "no renting, no lending, no selling games". That's just a big load of bullshit right there.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
Is it at all possible that all this negative feedback might influence Microsoft to make some changes before releasing the One?

The 24 hour internet check isn't THAT big a deal. I'm sure it's just a way to ensure nobody can mod their Xbox and play burned games for free. It sucks to be a hacker but you couldn't use a 360 online if it was modded anyway (as far as I know). And having the internet is so common today, it's like complaining how you need electricity to run your xbox.

The thing that bugs me is the whole "no renting, no lending, no selling games". That's just a big load of bullshit right there.

The problem with the 24 hour thing is that it doesn't allow for extenuating circumstances. If you lose your internet for an extended period of time, for any reason, you are fucked. I mean, with the way natural disasters and extreme weather has been going recently here, it's becoming more and more likely that issues will crop up. Electricity always will be restored following storms and other things FIRST, because it's a basic necessity. Internet will not. I know people in the Northeast who got their electricity back after a few days following Hurricane Sandy, but didn't get their internet for weeks. We have terrible internet infrastructure in the United States, and until it's good enough to rival the electrical infrastructure we have (which really isn't that good either, but is still miles ahead), I'm not going to do it.

I understand the movement towards digital content, cloud computing and shit, but until the infrastructure is there to support it, it's just not worth it, imo.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I understand the movement towards digital content, cloud computing and shit, but until the infrastructure is there to support it, it's just not worth it, imo

Those things could be allowed without the online timed authentication checks. Save games should be saved locally. Digital content should be downloaded and ran from the hard drive.
Sure when you're offline you wouldn't have access to the cloud but that shouldn't be a reason to restrict peoples usage to games they should have access to offline after 24 hours.

WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft named their console The One and they didn't even use this song to advertise it.

http://youtu.be/Z8Bh_ikMitY?t=1m7s

Now THAT is what I call dropping the ball.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
Microsoft named their console The One and they didn't even use this song to advertise it.

http://youtu.be/Z8Bh_ikMitY?t=1m7s

Now THAT is what I call dropping the ball.

One is the loneliest console that you'll ever use.
U can be as bad as One,
It's the loneliest console 'cept the console One.

I've also been trying to think of a way to incorporate One by Metallica with the Xbox One. Like, nobody's playing it, and it just wants someone to pull the plug. I'll let you know if I make anything of that.

o--(^-^)--o
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:

One is the loneliest console that you'll ever use.
U can be as bad as One,
It's the loneliest console 'cept the console One.

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox One Kinect Is A Surveillance Device, Says Australia's Civil Liberty Director

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/-Xbox-One-Kinect-Surveillance-Device-Says-Australia-Civil-Liberty-Director-56126.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: