More Reviews
REVIEWS D4 Review
Just another game about a time-traveling detective who deflects knives by spitting bubblegum at them as they fly through the air at full speed. Yep, just another game...

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Review
Ultimax comes the closest to realizing my dream of an actual fighting RPG.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sunset Overdrive Preview
Microsoft and Insomniac Games have created a new open-world shooter with clear influences from Jet Grind Radio. We went hands-on with the first hour of the game.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: Out Now

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Respawning
By ryanbates
Posted on 09/25/14
I had planned to write something about the Borderlands series, but that will have to wait. I have something I need to get off my chest first. It's very personal, and I hope the two or three of you who follow my sparse blog will spare me this moment. I joked in my review for the bizarre...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Xbox one APU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Xbox one APU Reply with quote

the console will be based on an APU co-designed by AMD and Microsoft containing eight x86 CPU cores, a DirectX 11.1 GPU similar to the Radeon 7790, and 32 MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory. The chip will also contain the controller logic and the audio processors, and the GPU and CPU cores will have direct access to the console's 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.

The console reportedly delivers 8 times the graphic performance of the Xbox 360, and consists of 5 billion transistors compared to the 500 million used in the Xbox 360.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-One-APU-Jaguar-Radeon-Next-Generation,22726.html
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the statement made by EAs Vice President.

"In a comment on LinkedIn, Electronic Art's Vice President and CTO Rajat Teneja said that Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are "a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market." He went on to say "The compute capabilities of these platforms and the data transfer speeds we can now bank on, essentially removes any notion of rationing of systems resources for our game engines. Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen. gaming pc systems."

I laughed so hard i thought i'd pass out.
No bloody wonder EA games are so technically shit as well as just being graphically shit, audibly shit, shit story-wise and with shit gameplay.
When your CTO talks out of his arse so badly, YOU NEED A NEW CTO.

Only a true retard would claim an xshit1 or PS4 can take on a modern gaming desktop. Shit, i can link to laptops right now which i would guarantee with my own money play games with better graphics, and smoother framerate than the 'next-gen' consoles will.
But no, he didn't just claim 'common' gaming desktops. He specifically called out the 'highest end'.

So let's see how the xtard1 stacks up against a 7ghz quad-core w/ hyperthreading, 64gb of OC'd DDR3 and SLI watercooled GTX Titans. I'm sure it'll be perfectly even.
You could be running fucking 4x Windows Vistas in the background of the game and it wouldn't make a goddamn difference.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to once again reiterate:
The PS4 is more powerful. However, i underestimated just how much:

'Both consoles share the same AMD architecture, built on AMD's HD 7000 GCN architecture. Microsoft however, have opted for a different configuration of the GPU that includes just 12 Compute Units that provides 768 shader processors (SPs) or ALUs. Sony have powered ahead, cramming 18 Compute Units that provide a total of 1152 shader processors giving them a huge 50% lead in graphical performance.'

'When it comes to compute performance the PS4 is around 33% faster than the Xfuck1 with the PS4 capable of 1.84 TFLOPS compared to 1.23 TFLOPS on the Xturd1.'

That's to go along with the 8gb of DDR5 vs DDR3 in the xcunt1.

Thus the PS4 will do 4K gaming much, much better than the xetatari2600one.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
So let's see how the xtard1 stacks up against a 7ghz quad-core w/ hyperthreading, 64gb of OC'd DDR3 and SLI watercooled GTX Titans. I'm sure it'll be perfectly even.
You could be running fucking 4x Windows Vistas in the background of the game and it wouldn't make a goddamn difference..

Don't just stop there....Quad SLI that shit
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 7790 is good but its still no 7870 or 670. Both being great consumer priced high end cards. nvidia is already a series ahead now with titan and the 780 series.(Still based on GK110 Kepler GPU)

To those who dont exactly understand video card chips Im not saying it will be bad. Im saying they are at the very low end of high end pcs. Your devs are for the most part going to lock games at 30fps so it should be sufficient. I do worry that this means we will be locked into another 8 years of quickly aging hardware and devs only really designing their games around what the consoles can do.

Here is a benchmark chart of the 7790
http://www.techspot.com/review/652-amd-radeon-hd-7790/page3.html
Look how low it ranked in crysis 3 at max settings.

As for 4k gaming mentioned before. It will be done like how the ps3 handled 1080p. It will just be a lower resolution upscaled, it wont be real 4k.

My next pc build I plan will be a 4k screen with another monster rig to push it. Current interface options only support 4k at 30hz though so Ill be waiting for 4k prices to come down and for hdmi 2.0 to release.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to go 4K with 4x 1080p monitors. There's these 23 and 27" LG ones that look pretty good, and have a tiny bezel. I reckon if i dremel down the plastic another .5-1mm on each, the black lines will be small enough not to notice. Eyefinity should help, too.

I'm really pissed the devs are talking about 30FPS. The hardware power is there, now. Fuck the shiny lights and swaying grass, for godsake just give me a smooth game. Going from anything else on the 360 to Forza 4 makes it feel like silk rubbing on my cock, it's so smooth.

It won't be real 4K, no, but it'll sure look a lot better than the xrunningoutofthingstogohere1.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
I'm planning to go 4K with 4x 1080p monitors. There's these 23 and 27" LG ones that look pretty good, and have a tiny bezel. I reckon if i dremel down the plastic another .5-1mm on each, the black lines will be small enough not to notice. Eyefinity should help, too.

I'm really pissed the devs are talking about 30FPS. The hardware power is there, now. Fuck the shiny lights and swaying grass, for godsake just give me a smooth game. Going from anything else on the 360 to Forza 4 makes it feel like silk rubbing on my cock, it's so smooth.

It won't be real 4K, no, but it'll sure look a lot better than the xrunningoutofthingstogohere1.

If you want smooth you should try 120hz. Im addicted to 120fps at 120hz. It just sucks because you have to have a rig that can push 120fps at max settings and some games have bottlenecks in their engines that no matter how much you overclock or throw resources at it, it simple just wont push more frames. A very large portion of the time it is games that are using dx9 api and not dx11. Current display port and hdmi current interfaces only support 1080p 120hz on a single display.

But Needs for speed the run at 120fps in the frostbite 2 engine was sexy.
Same goes for playing Battlefield 3 at 120fps.

Im worried at 4k the 2gb on my sli cards wont be enough. Crysis 3 at 1080p alone used all of that 2gb.

This thread has broken down into a pc thread lets pick it up over here.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=490397#490397
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: