More Reviews
REVIEWS Astro A38 Wireless Headset Review
With the launch of the A38s, Astro has clearly shown that they can rock our eardrums off even if we aren’t sitting in our living rooms.

Destiny Review
With Bungie's leap to next-generation platforms and interstellar space closer to home, I wonder if E.T. is out there somewhere.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Skylanders Trap Team Preview
While younger gamers have flocked to the brand, more mature consumers remain reluctant to jump on board. Skylanders move forward with trappable enemies, though I doubt it’ll turn stubborn heads.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Assassin's Creed Unity Interview: Ubisoft Talks Multplayer, Next-Gen Development, More
Ubisoft's first "truly" next-gen entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise takes the fight to France. Here's what you can expect.

PlayStation Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's platforms always get plenty of new digital software and we'll bring you the list each week with the rest.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Online dating - Has anyone tried it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
Aww man don't think like that just because your moving. One of the best relationships I ever had was during the last 4 months before I moved to California. The girl was awesome and we both knew I was leaving soon. I do regret not continuing the relationship but it was one of the best parts of my life. Id choose to do it again knowing full well how I feel now.

Well, the problem has less to do with me. I would have dated someone, it's just... the school I was at. It's hard to really describe the culture, but my undergrad school is a very small Presbyterian university. Something like 98% of the student body is Christian, and most are very Christian. You just don't get to have 4 month relationships there - everyone evaluates everyone as whether or not they're marriage potential, or potential for a lengthy relationship. It seriously got fucking annoying. So I'm glad I'm moving on.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Sounds like my college experience. I called it the pressure cooker. Most people are fine with minute rice, but nah...these guys...they want a full meal? Pfffft. Wink

Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Christian

"One cross = Loves the bible"
"Four crosses = Hates step daddy, loves cock" - Quote from "Still Waiting"
Mod-Chip
Senior Idler

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.

Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.
Dobby2244

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
Not to rip you off Dobby but that's a quote I use all the time too to sum up my dating life,

"Story of my life."

Smile

Master_Craig wrote:
That's what my friends tell me as well. It's probably better that it didn't work out, because that way you may find someone better for you that will work out and it'll make it the more special. In all honesty, I'm starting to think that won't happen for me and I'm thinking I should start buying an army of either cats or dogs, buy a walking stick and tell kids to get off my Goddamn lawn.

Haha I sometimes think I will end up the same, with a bunch of cats. But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p eventually we will all find someone just right for all of us... Hopefully.. Just need to surround yourself with the things you love and you will find someone with common interests. But for the moment I'm just enjoy doing what I want, when I want. Freedom! Very Happy
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobby2244 wrote:
But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p

I wouldn't want to turn out to be De-Ting either ba-dum TISH
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh's got jokes!
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o--(^-^)--o
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.

You could date yourself with that flowing long hair.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally date a chick version of myself.....Is that narcissistic?
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.

Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried it, not much success so far.
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Single, male, 26, wanted in 9 countries, known sexual deviant (aimed at asians only), likes manga, games and sports.

The personal ad writes itself.
Senior Idler

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:

I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbia? D: For what? I know people there. By which I mostly mean professors... my friend was considering going there for grad school, but ultimately turned it down. She's really happy where she is now, though.

Hum, for the record, and to try to keep things loosely on track, I can say that I form relationships with people online, and I'm completely happy with it, for what my life is like now. There are plans to meet, but not quite yet. I think a lot of people I know don't get it at all, but it can be wonderfully fulfilling.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:

I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?

Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.
Mod-Chip
Senior Idler

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:

Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.

Neat! I'm living in Park Slope. Let's meet up at some point.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i39.tinypic.com/fjgfmq.jpg

Wanna go on a date with me, ladies?
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
http://i39.tinypic.com/fjgfmq.jpg

Wanna go on a date with me, ladies?

That's hawt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: