More Reviews
REVIEWS Loadout Review
What do you really expect of a shooter these days? Loadout probably already has it somewhere in gobs of gameplay, but you won’t hear me saying it’s worth your time.

Dokuro (PC) Review
Dokuro makes the jump from handheld to PC, but does it help or hinder this unusual platformer?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Magicka 2 Preview
How does that sing-along song go? "Magicka 2, Magicka 2, for the Playstation 4, and the PC, too..."
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 5
Release date: 12/31/14

Motorcycle Club
Release date: 01/01/15

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Release date: 01/14/15

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Release date: 01/20/15


LATEST FEATURES GameRevolution's Top 25 Xbox 360 Games - 2014 Edition
Pull yourself away from that Xbox One for a few minutes and join us as we look back on some of the very best games that graced Microsoft's last-gen console.

Yakuza 5: Good Game With a Few Pacing Problems [Hands-on Preview]
I like this, but will others be OK with the change?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES GameRevolution’s PlayStation Store Holiday Gamer Guide
Looking to download a few classics for your PlayStation hardware over the holidays? Save money, stay inside where it’s warm, and get by with these downloadable games.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP ryanbates
Gamer Love
By ryanbates
Posted on 12/19/14
When a player one meets his or her player two, it's a beautiful thing. Check out this cake my friend and GameRevolution reader Lindsey L. gave her sweetums on their two-year anniversary!   ...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Online dating - Has anyone tried it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3260

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourdeez wrote:
Aww man don't think like that just because your moving. One of the best relationships I ever had was during the last 4 months before I moved to California. The girl was awesome and we both knew I was leaving soon. I do regret not continuing the relationship but it was one of the best parts of my life. Id choose to do it again knowing full well how I feel now.


Well, the problem has less to do with me. I would have dated someone, it's just... the school I was at. It's hard to really describe the culture, but my undergrad school is a very small Presbyterian university. Something like 98% of the student body is Christian, and most are very Christian. You just don't get to have 4 month relationships there - everyone evaluates everyone as whether or not they're marriage potential, or potential for a lengthy relationship. It seriously got fucking annoying. So I'm glad I'm moving on.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10013

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Sounds like my college experience. I called it the pressure cooker. Most people are fine with minute rice, but nah...these guys...they want a full meal? Pfffft. Wink
_________________
Star-Lord wrote:
I look around and do you know what I see? Losers.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 2186

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Christian


"One cross = Loves the bible"
"Four crosses = Hates step daddy, loves cock" - Quote from "Still Waiting"
_________________
“I do like metaphorical heroin and my heroin dealer. EA”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mod-Chip
Senior Idler


Joined: 26 Dec 2001
Posts: 7380

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.


Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dobby2244



Joined: 03 Aug 2002
Posts: 4867

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
Not to rip you off Dobby but that's a quote I use all the time too to sum up my dating life,

"Story of my life."


Smile

Master_Craig wrote:
That's what my friends tell me as well. It's probably better that it didn't work out, because that way you may find someone better for you that will work out and it'll make it the more special. In all honesty, I'm starting to think that won't happen for me and I'm thinking I should start buying an army of either cats or dogs, buy a walking stick and tell kids to get off my Goddamn lawn.


Haha I sometimes think I will end up the same, with a bunch of cats. But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p eventually we will all find someone just right for all of us... Hopefully.. Just need to surround yourself with the things you love and you will find someone with common interests. But for the moment I'm just enjoy doing what I want, when I want. Freedom! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 7174

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobby2244 wrote:
But a woman at my work is like that, never had a boyfriend in her life actually and she is the most miserable and judgemental person I know and I am determined not to turn out like her :p

I wouldn't want to turn out to be De-Ting either ba-dum TISH
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz


Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 5335

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh's got jokes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince


Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Posts: 8049

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________

o--(^-^)--o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 16180

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eyebrowsbv31
xXRaNd_PaUl_420Xx


Joined: 24 Nov 2005
Posts: 2842

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Online dating? Never. I made an OKCupid account, went "this is stupid" and never once used it.

Dating online? Also never. That said, I seem to attract crazies, as I have had several girls fall in love with me despite them barely even knowing me. I guess I'm just cute like that? That said, they were all super insane and stalkerish. So that was fun.

I suppose I should just get a real girl or something, but I don't know where to buy one.



You could date yourself with that flowing long hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 2186

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally date a chick version of myself.....Is that narcissistic?
_________________
“I do like metaphorical heroin and my heroin dealer. EA”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3260

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.


Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.


Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 11659

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried it, not much success so far.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12499

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Single, male, 26, wanted in 9 countries, known sexual deviant (aimed at asians only), likes manga, games and sports.

The personal ad writes itself.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mod-Chip
Senior Idler


Joined: 26 Dec 2001
Posts: 7380

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.


Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.


Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.


I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sightless



Joined: 23 Jul 2010
Posts: 1210

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbia? D: For what? I know people there. By which I mostly mean professors... my friend was considering going there for grad school, but ultimately turned it down. She's really happy where she is now, though.

Hum, for the record, and to try to keep things loosely on track, I can say that I form relationships with people online, and I'm completely happy with it, for what my life is like now. There are plans to meet, but not quite yet. I think a lot of people I know don't get it at all, but it can be wonderfully fulfilling.
_________________
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3260

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.


Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.


Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.


I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?


Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mod-Chip
Senior Idler


Joined: 26 Dec 2001
Posts: 7380

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
Mod-Chip wrote:
NickKmet wrote:
I spent the first half of the year getting over my ex, and then spent the last half knowing I would be moving to NYC for grad school,.


Hey I'm going to grad school in NYC this fall as well! We should like hang out.


Yeah! Where are you going to school? I'll be at NYU.


I'll be going to Columbia, living in Brooklyn. I've lived in New York for 2 years, so I know a lot of hip places to get delicious craft beers. Are you doing the dorm thing?


Nah, the dorms are ridiculously expensive, considering the location of the school. I have a roommate all set up already, and I'm actually going out there in a few weeks to look for places. I think we're either going to be living in Washington Heights, or somewhere in Brooklyn.


Neat! I'm living in Park Slope. Let's meet up at some point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus-Crime
bananable


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 1089

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i39.tinypic.com/fjgfmq.jpg

Wanna go on a date with me, ladies?
_________________
©
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1885

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
http://i39.tinypic.com/fjgfmq.jpg

Wanna go on a date with me, ladies?


That's hawt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum