More Reviews
REVIEWS Cut the Rope: Triple Treat Review
Cutting the ropes has never before made gravity so… pricey.

Faster Than Light: Advanced Edit Review
FTL's Advanced Edition is a natural fit for the iPad. But whatever platform you're playing on, the new content adds depth and variety.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sniper Elite 3 Preview
Sending bullets through the hate.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Release date: Out Now

Trials Fusion
Release date: Out Now

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Release date: 04/29/14

Bound by Flame
Release date: 05/09/14

LATEST FEATURES 4 PAX Indie Titles to Look Out For
We've given attention to all the higher profile games at PAX EAST, but now it's time for the indies.

Ouya's Best Games Coming to the Platform
The Kickstarter console is slowly establishing itself with a couple of creative gems on the way.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP danielrbischoff
Peace in the Era of Call of Duty
By danielrbischoff
Posted on 04/15/14
In a world dominated by violent media, Americans are no more eager to go to war than they were in the 1980s or the 1960s or the 1940s. Hasn't it always been someone else's problem? The overwhelming majority would rather go on thinking it had nothing to do with them and there...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quit your jobs and lets go travel!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dobby2244

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Quit your jobs and lets go travel! Reply with quote

My notice is in at work and I've got 1 month to prep now to backpack Europe, work on farms in Italy and Netherlands, maybe hospitality work, then hopefully head to Australia. Life is too short to be content in a stupid job you complain about all the time. Come travel with me!! Cool
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! Just let me get a job first to get money to pay for a trip across the world.

o--(^-^)--o
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually thinking about taking a week to go overseas somewhere around Labor Day (only take a week vacation but get an extra day out of it!). No way am I quitting my job though.
Master_Craig
Wannabe Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN.

<Cough>

Pretty cool you're doing that. I honestly think I could never just quit my job, pack my things and leave. I would love to visit America again (DISNEYLAND), as well as France, England and Japan.

Australia is nice. It's where I live! If you ever go to Australia, the coolest place to go is Queensland I reckon, especially the east coast (Goldcoast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane etc). Melbourne in Victoria is pretty cool too, if you're into a more city scene. That's way south.

I live up north, where people are surprised we have the Internet.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I've traveled enough.

I'll just move to Hong Kong and be done with travel.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could have just quit my job before but now I'm confident all I need is minimal clothes and shoes, toiletries, phone to Skype with my family, camera, sleeping bag, and a bit of money. The hard part is actually quitting your job and notice to your landlord, from all the 'what if's'. But worrying gets you no where I guess.
Australia- I can't wait to go. I have family and friends all over so ill be trekking across it all. Perth, darwin, adalaide, Sydney, Melbourne is where most of my friends are. Even Tasmania. Then new zealand and asia... Where abouts are u master Craig?
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sydney and Melbourne are like a lite edition of LA.
Everyone's an asshole, there's traffic everywhere and navigating around them is a massive pain.

You'll be wanting to spend most of your time up in QLD, trust me on that. Brisbane, while still a city, is much better than Syd/Melb, and once you get out of brisbane and starting heading north things just keep getting better.

Master_Craig wrote:
I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN.

You should come with me, man. When i go back over i'm totally hitting up disneyland again and then checking out a couple six flags.

Then i'll probably regret it, again, when i'm back in Aus and our theme parks are pathetic in comparison Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8_F-_a6ko
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro tip: Disney World > Disney Land
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha have fun!

I like money, and I need money to buy a house right now. But someone come to Japan with me one day! And China to walk the Great Wall, and do some Kung Fu on the edge.
bananable

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire you for your traveling, Dobby. You've already traveled so much and at a young age, you should definitely try to become a travel agent or something that uses your traveling talents to good use. I'm jealous! but not jealous enough to quit muh job. I gotta eat!
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its awesome if thats your thing and makes you happy, thats what you should do. could never personally live like that myself though.

my idea of travelling is saving up money and living like a king while i'm on vacation.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
I admire you for your traveling, Dobby. You've already traveled so much and at a young age, you should definitely try to become a travel agent or something that uses your traveling talents to good use. I'm jealous! but not jealous enough to quit muh job. I gotta eat!

^This, besides the eating part.
Freedom Runner

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe when I'm debt free..

I spent one summer inter-railing trough Europe and it was great fun full of memorable experiences. But I can't see myself living that lifestyle forever. Trip now and then keeps things fresh and you'll look forward to it more and it feels more special.

I want to do a similar trip in North America someday, but now it's saving time.
Optimus-Crime
bananable

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Optimus-Crime wrote:

wtf, you don't have to eat????! ROBOT SENTIENT LIFE FORM! THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED! IT HAS BEGUN! MORTALLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!
Dobby2244

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattAY wrote:
Haha have fun!

I like money, and I need money to buy a house right now. But someone come to Japan with me one day! And China to walk the Great Wall, and do some Kung Fu on the edge.

I am up for that! Might be a while before I get there though, not within the next year.
But there are so many places in china I would love to see and Japan. Nepal would be great to go to as well if possible. and I guess if I go to nepal you have to pop into India, although for some reason its not on my top list of places to see. And then transiberian railway through Mongolia and Russia to Ukraine I think

madster thank you for the tips. Will definitely keep all of that in mind!! Very Happy

Thanks Optimus crime, that is a career I would love to get into. Anything with travelling. I applied for a company for tour manager or an on site team member for Europe next summer and I have an interview next week. Fingers crossed!
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus-Crime wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Optimus-Crime wrote:

wtf, you don't have to eat????! ROBOT SENTIENT LIFE FORM! THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED! IT HAS BEGUN! MORTALLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

I read it wrong, I thought you had to eat NOW. I used to eat loads, but now I'm not really eating much. What has happened to me?
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions: Have you picked up a British accent?

Can we have completely non committal casual, often drunken sex on these adventures?

Is your vag the sahara or something? Never seen someone with so much sand in there

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
On the toilet...that's where I read books. If it weren't for twosies, I would be illiterate.

Last edited by Lethean on Mon May 27, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
but now I'm not really eating much. What has happened to me?

Cocaine addiction?

Im tired of moving all across the US and visitng Canada. I want to just finish college and stay in one place now.
FrozenBacon
100% sexy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe is no fun. I'm down if you are going to asia! Or maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle, like moscow.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobby2244 wrote:
MattAY wrote:
Haha have fun!

I am up for that! Might be a while before I get there though, not within the next year.
But there are so many places in china I would love to see and Japan. Nepal would be great to go to as well if possible. and I guess if I go to nepal you have to pop into India, although for some reason its not on my top list of places to see. And then transiberian railway through Mongolia and Russia to Ukraine I think

Go to China now. Seriously, even if you only spend a few days there total, it's insanely cheap (you can hire an English speaking guide for almost no money) and it's one of the few things in the world you need to see while it is still distinct. Every year it's more and more western.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: