More Reviews
REVIEWS Hyrule Warriors Review
Link, Zelda, Impa, and more Hyrule heroes hit the battlefield in this Dynasty Warriors spin-off. Can it stand up to the brand’s history?

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super He Review
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes adds light RPG mechanics, builds on action, and uses Toy Box Mode to teach players.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES NIntendo Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
OK, so I didn't update before PAX and I may have missed one before that. Let's try this again!

Xbox Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Minecraft launches on Microsoft's next-generation console and buy a console, choose a free game.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Xbox One memory performance improved for production console

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Xbox One memory performance improved for production console Reply with quote

Microsoft is trying to say it has improved memory performance past the theoretical speed of the ps4s memory performance.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems legit. Next they'll be telling us the USB3 ports can run at fucking thunderbolt speeds, and that it totally stays under 60 degrees, you guys.

PS4 is noticeably more powerful. Simple fact. Nothing MS can do right now will change that, short of a 2014 delay and a case redesign to fit bigger heatsinks+fans for higher clock speeds.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that most devs will just release the same game on all systems and make it targeted at the weakest hardware(Not including WiiU)

They will use the same reason they have in the psat for giving us dx9 games in the past with low res textures. A "unified experience"

So in the end maybe these slight differences in hardware between the two won't make much of a difference.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting they will too, but it'll be great for games like a new GTA, where '30FPS' will really mean '25FPS-35FPS' on the xdrm180, while '30FPS' will mean 30FPS minimum on PS4.

Plus, exclusives. Devs who don't have to worry about MS being dicks can go all-out on the PS4, so there's a good chance (especially in a few years, once the devs have learned how to PC code again) we'll see noticeably prettier or at least smoother exclusives on the PS4.

Sony decided a few months back to ditch the camera with the bundle, and drop the price down to undercut MS. But they always planned on having GDDR5. So now MS has to fight against a more power console with no spy camera. That on its own would make them even, but that $100 price difference is immense.
Once you factor in a launch title AND a spare controller to get the costs even, MS are getting their teeth kicked in. I think PS+ is also going to be cheaper than XBLGold, right?
And Sony are giving you a headset in the box, too.

The only place in where MS might win is reliability. That's a weird-ass sentence, but the PS4 is roughly 1/2 the size of the xdonmattrick180. For most normal consumers that's great, but at least a few guys on GR and me and deez know that this is an EXTREMELY bad thing.
Smaller = louder = hotter = less energy efficient = less reliable

Guess the 1st thing i'll be doing once i get a PS4 is dremel some holes in it so the thing can breathe.

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
TheJx4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Microsoft just bitching about how comparing specs is useless?
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJx4 wrote:

Pretty much, but I think that's a self defeating argument. If the specs don't matter, why even bother with a new console? Of course they matter, and of course, comparing them with the competition is a valid thing to do.
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Psuedo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickKmet wrote:
TheJx4 wrote:

Pretty much, but I think that's a self defeating argument. If the specs don't matter, why even bother with a new console? Of course they matter, and of course, comparing them with the competition is a valid thing to do.

Sure it's a valid thing to do, but just as the Jx4 "microsoft said comparing specs is useless". Then they come right back around and say oh well you know if you're going to compare specs even though we think it's useless we'll just go ahead and put ours on the table, because ya know...it doesn't matter.

Right self defeating argument.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: