More Reviews
REVIEWS Godzilla (PS4) Review
Godzilla fans enjoyed the recent film, but will they feel the same way about the new video game?

Rocket League Review
I had to force myself to stop playing the game to write this.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Preview
Fans were mad about Beyond Earth. Rising Tide should fix that.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Lost Dimension
Release date: Out Now

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND
Release date: Out Now

Goat Simulator
Release date: 08/11/15

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437 Update: I was unfortunately not aware of Shamus Young's severe criticism of Fallout 3 available here to link in the original piece and I regret that.  It dovetails rather nicely with what I've written and it's much better executed than my piece.  I strongly recommend anyone...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bloodborne [OT]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioTan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Bloodborne [OT] Reply with quote

http://www.gamerevolution.com/game/bloodborne

I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail. So far, I've managed to abstain from watching a single review; I'm completely in the dark. Does it stand well alongside the Souls series? Are there many comparisons to be drawn from those games or does it stand out on its own? Post your exploits below, but please try to label any potential spoilers properly.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father G is an asshole.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Father G is an asshole.

Agreed.

I'm really enjoying this game so far. It's very hard but to be honest I'm not sure if it's as difficult as Dark Souls. Don't get me wrong, it's hard, but I can't quite tell what's tougher.

So far I've killed three bosses. Without giving away any spoilers, I'm up to the forth boss and it's very hard. There's a certain item I need which will make the fight so much easier.

As for "Father G"... spoiler ahead, highlight to read (strategies on how to kick the shit out of him):

Green_Lantern is right. Father Gascoigne is an ass hole. He's only the second boss but the difficulty seriously spikes from the first boss to the second. There's a few strategies that can beat him though, to be honest some of these strategies might be a bit cheap.

In his "first form" (where he wields a gun and a single handed weapon), you can use your gun to parry him as he goes to attack you. It's not hard to parry him, leaves him wide open and you're able to smash him with a visceral attack. I'd recommend using the hunter's blunderbuss firearm. When ever he uses his own shotgun at you, always dodge left or right, never back. You can also use the grave stones and trees to cover yourself from his gunfire and to create a distance. If gravestones are in between you both, you may be able to use your melee weapon (if it transforms to become longer) to strike him. I'd also recommend running up to him, hitting him quickly with a fast weapon twice, then dodging left or right.

In his "second form" he wields a two handed weapon, which is much slower but gives him a lot of reach and a lot more damage. He'll still use his shotgun, just not as often. This time you should use and abuse the grave stones, create a distance and block, wait for him to attack and then attack him through the grave stones as he's recovering. The grave stones make great cover because sometimes he'll use his shotgun immediately after his attack.

Once you deal enough damage, the mother fucker will transform into his third and final form which is a huge, Goddamn were wolf. In this form he moves very fast, attacks much more aggressively and can perform a one hit kill where he leaps up high into the air and smashes you from above. There's two options to fight him.

Option 1, which sucks. Option 1 involves using an oil urn to douse him in oil, then use molotov cocktails to deal some serious damage to him. Since his were wolf form is a beast, he'll take more damage to fire and he'll take even more damage due to being covered in oil. The problem with this strategy though is throwing things is kinda slow, especially in this case because he's really fast, so there's a good chance you'll miss. If you hit him though you'll really fuck him up.

Option 2, which is kinda scary. Attack him. Run up to him, dodge to his left or right, try to stay to either his left or right, behind him if you can and just keep on attacking. Stick to him like glue, dodge and roll when he winds back to try and hit you and do not stop moving. This method is kinda scary but this is the method I used to kill him.

Alternatively, if you find the music box item before this fight, you can use it on Father Gascoigne to stun him, allowing you to deal more damage to him while stunned. Be careful, if you use the music box on him, he will transform into his were wolf form much earlier than normal.

End spoiler.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im new to the soul series so I decided to jump in with bloodborne took awhile to get used to but its pretty fun anyways what starting weapon did you guys pick i took cane whip which helped a lot with the Father G fight
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the Saw Cleaver as my melee weapon and the Hunter Blunderbuss as my firearm.

The Saw Cleaver is pretty good because it's a trick weapon that transforms. You can make it longer for long reach (albeit slower) attacks, ideal for crowd control, multiple enemies or attacking enemies through objects. Alternatively you can shorten it and use it for fast, overwhelming attacks. Due to its speed, I prefer the shorter version.

The Blunderbuss is good too because of its spray as well as its damage output. Unfortunately, it lacks range but... I use guns for parrying anyway, so this is fine for me.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp cane all the way.

I've really lost my touch since Dark Souls though...
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Dark Souls, I played with a more... hit and run defensive approach. Bloodborne is forcing me to be more aggressive and keep moving.

StudioTan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my copy in the mail. I hope I'll have some time to play it this week.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I killed the forth boss last night and I ended up buying a new weapon that totally beats my old weapon.

Spoilers for boss:

The forth boss of the game is "Virca Amelia". No idea what her deal is, but she's a woman who transforms into this big white wolf thing. She has long reaching attacks, but most of her attacks have a predictable wind up. She's actually quite easy at first, but when she reaches half of her life, she not only becomes more aggressive but she begins to "pray", which enables her to heal herself and recover lost life.

There's a few strategies to combat this.

The first is using an item called "Numbing Mist", which is like a grenade. Throw it at Virca and it actually stops her from using her healing ability. Numbing Mist can also be used in PvP and can stop other players from using blood vials to heal themselves.

Use the Numbing Mist on Virca once she tries to heal herself for the first time and she won't be able to do it for a while. From there, you should be able to beat her as normal, but easier. I found when attacking her, you should stick close to her left and right, dodge left/right when she goes to attack, strike her with a fast weapon about two or three times, then retreat, rinse and repeat. When she falls to half of her health, she'll be temporarily stunned, you can use this to your advantage to deliver a devastating assault.

Additionally, because she is a beast she actually takes more damage to fire attacks. With that in mind, come to the fight prepared with an oil urn or two, some molotov cocktails and a fire paper or two (which imbues your weapon with fire damage). What I would recommend is to begin with, fight her as normal until you put her down to half health. Once she's "stunned" at the half health range, throw an oil urn at her, ignite your weapon with a fire paper, throw some molotov cocktails and then finish her off with your fire imbued weapon and she won't stand a chance. With this method, you won't even need to use Numbing Mist.

End spoiler for boss.

Now uh, spoiler for weapon.

The weapon I bought is Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's a sword which can be bought from the Hunter's Dream for about 20,000 blood echoes. Since Virca Amelia drops about 15,000 upon her death, getting this wasn't really a problem.

The sword is another trick weapon. In its first form it acts as a long sword with good reach and decent speed. Its second form, the sword is sheathed into its massive scabbard where it becomes a makeshift great sword with great range, very slow speed but great damage.

Pretty awesome.

End spoiler for weapon.

Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig what boss order did you do to have her as your fourth she was my fifth boss when i fought her and I'm still sticking with my pimp cane scales too good with skill right now but my backup in ludwig's sword for high defense people
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourth boss? I'm not even at the first yet. I came across the first ogre/troll thing with a brick, banging on a door, almost had him but he killed me Sad. I spawned, decided to try and kill the bulky guy with the big sword down near the starting area, the one patrolling a side alley. He killed me pretty quickly Sad.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner37 wrote:
Craig what boss order did you do to have her as your fourth she was my fifth boss when i fought her and I'm still sticking with my pimp cane scales too good with skill right now but my backup in ludwig's sword for high defense people

She was your fifth boss? Really? How did you pull that off?

For me she was my forth boss... my bosses so far have been the Cleric Beast (boss on the big bridge in the first area), Father Gascoigne, the Blood Starved Beast followed by Vicar Amelia.

I did accidentally find and fight Father Gascoigne first but he destroyed me... so I explored more and I found the Cleric Beast. The Cleric Beast is supposed to be the first boss but to me, it seems optional as killing it doesn't progress your path or the storyline, while Father Gascoigne must be slain in order to progress further into the game.

Lethean wrote:
Fourth boss? I'm not even at the first yet. I came across the first ogre/troll thing with a brick, banging on a door, almost had him but he killed me Sad. I spawned, decided to try and kill the bulky guy with the big sword down near the starting area, the one patrolling a side alley. He killed me pretty quickly Sad.

Yup. I got killed by them both too. With the ogre/troll thing, I tried to kill it but then it killed me, so later I thought "I'll just leave him alone". I did just that, but without me knowing he ended up following me and I got cornered by him and two big wolves... and died. Those ogre things though aren't that hard as long as you can single them out.

That dude at the beginning in the alley? Yeah, he's totally a trap. He's a very hard enemy to fight at the beginning of the game because he's so bloody tanky and deals so much damage (possibly a one hit kill considering it's the start of the game). You might as well avoid this guy.

Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Craig wrote:
Gunner37 wrote:

She was your fifth boss? Really? How did you pull that off?

For me she was my forth boss... my bosses so far have been the Cleric Beast (boss on the big bridge in the first area), Father Gascoigne, the Blood Starved Beast followed by Vicar Amelia.

I did accidentally find and fight Father Gascoigne first but he destroyed me... so I explored more and I found the Cleric Beast. The Cleric Beast is supposed to be the first boss but to me, it seems optional as killing it doesn't progress your path or the storyline, while Father Gascoigne must be slain in order to progress further into the game.

Lethean wrote:

Yup. I got killed by them both too. With the ogre/troll thing, I tried to kill it but then it killed me, so later I thought "I'll just leave him alone". I did just that, but without me knowing he ended up following me and I got cornered by him and two big wolves... and died. Those ogre things though aren't that hard as long as you can single them out.

That dude at the beginning in the alley? Yeah, he's totally a trap. He's a very hard enemy to fight at the beginning of the game because he's so bloody tanky and deals so much damage (possibly a one hit kill considering it's the start of the game). You might as well avoid this guy.

My boss order went Cleric, Father which i abused the whip in that thank you gravestones, then the witch followed by blood beast then finally Vicar

I explore a lot before advancing the story
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't fought this Witch yet... interesting. I'll have to track her down.

Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a left when you are facing the grand cathedral and follow the path you'll get there
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, that was actually my next area to go. I've briefly explored it so I'll push further and find the witch.

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can consistently get Father G to his werewolf stage and then he wrecks my shit.

My cane is +2 right now, but I guess I need to farm the blood shards to fet it higher...
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Father G sucks when he turns into his were wolf form.

Don't worry about using oil urns or molotov cocktails against him. While it's an option, they'll most likely miss due to his speed and movements.

As crazy as it sounds, try and attack him by sticking behind him and moving to his left or right. Stay close. If you happen to have any Fire Paper to imbue your weapon with fire damage, use it when he turns into a wolf.

If you happen to have the music box, you might be able to use it to "stun" him while he's in his wolf form too... I haven't tried this so I can't confirm if this is accurate.

Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man..I took a shortcut by a woman's house and some caged dogs, ended up wandering around right back to the courtyard by said shortcut, coming across two werewolves, dying and losing all my souls. I mean echoes. Something tells me I got lost. I'm sure I should have encountered the first boss by now.
Gunner37
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First boss is on the other side of those werewolves after fighting two or three crows and one of the frankenstein ogre things
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: