More Reviews
REVIEWS Final Fantasy IX (PC) Review
Don't leave us again, okay?

Severed Review
Does Drinkbox Studio’s latest make the cut?
More Previews
PREVIEWS Gears of War 4 Preview
"Yank and Shank" is strangely more satisfying than a chainsaw bayonet to the face.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales From The Borderlands
Release date: Out Now

Doom
Release date: 05/13/16

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
Release date: 05/24/16

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Ivory_Soul
Windows 10 Review for Dummies
By Ivory_Soul
Posted on 08/11/15
After all these years, and growing up with Windows 3.1, I have seen an entire evolution of computers and software. Touch screens and large resolutions were a pipe dream just 15 years ago. Now it's the norm. Going from a Packard Bell (yes, before HP) that couldn't run 3D Ultra Mini...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So, Fallout New Vegas...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: So, Fallout New Vegas... Reply with quote

...sucks.

I've been really trying to just play through it before Fallout 4 releases, but wow was this game rushed.

Look at this page:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/How_Little_We_Know

This isn't even the worst example of a broken quest, but it's where I've finally come to my senses and realized NV isn't as good as people say, at least to a player like me. I think I'm just gonna fly by the seat of my pants from now on and see how many unfinishable or blocked quests I end up with. Thank goodness I never got it on PS3 when I was into trophies.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems fine to me.

Though you also didn't like Deus Ex, so maybe good video games just aren't for you.
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying nobody can possibly enjoy it. I'm saying it's a 6/10. A 3/5. A 24 oz. As a whole, it doesn't compare to Fallout 3.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the world had more flavor to it than three. Three had some amazing quests but I thought the characters in NV had more to them in some cases.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NV is a step ahead of 3. Easily. Sure the world might not be as engaging as Washington DC, but the story and writing is way better than 3

I've said it before, but Old World Blues is the best DLC I've ever played.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand everyone has their preferences of the stories and characters. I'm not trying to sway anyone in one way or another about that. I'm just saying there's a crapload of ways in New Vegas to get your save fubar.
oblivion437

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from my own experiences, Fallout 3 was actually more unstable than New Vegas, most of the glitches the games had at launch have since been patched out but 3 has a number of technical problems that can only be fixed with aftermarket tools and manual tinkering. The same degree of involvement is only required for New Vegas if getting into heavy modding.

That said, New Vegas' glitchiness was disappointing because it got in the way of what is otherwise one of the best RPGs made in years. Fallout 3's glitchiness is disappointing because it seems symptomatic of the utterly cavalier attitude taken towards the rest of the project which is why it never actually feels like Fallout even when it's smuggling in whole plot beats, characters, setting details and background information from previous games. New Vegas consistently does feel like Fallout even when the things on display have no direct connection to past games at all. It's a certain sensibility about things more than anything else and Bethesda cannot pull it off.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Fallout 3 way more than New Vegas. To each their own.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both froze on me many times. Fallout 3 probably froze a few more times though!

But I would remember vividly when NV froze on a loading screen whilst I was doing a very sensitive mission!

Man, if Bethesda's games weren't so damn good, they would receive a world of hate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked them both a lot, but if I had to pick, I would say that I liked New Vegas better than 3. I just hope 4 isn't as much of a mess as NV was when it released.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much prefer Fallout 3 over New Vegas.

I preferred F3's story over NV and I also hated how much smaller NV was than F3. I didn't like how many frickin' invisible walls NV had, where as F3 gave much greater options and freedom for exploration.

Bug-wise, I was lucky and didn't experience much, although NV did crash on me a few times.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need all the DLCs and some mods to bring out the best of new vegas.
Especially things like the 'new vegas uncut' series of mods, the strip restored, etc that all removes the 'rushed' feeling so you can focus on the delicious story and hardcore mode gameplay. The unofficial patch and things like NV anti-crash and stutter remover also help a whole lot to make the game more stable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: