More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tom clancy finished his latest work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Tom clancy finished his latest work. Reply with quote

...The epic story of his life.

Born on April 12, 1947 and passed away late at night of October 1, 2013. Tom Clancy was more famous for his military, spy and thriller novels but for us gamers, he was also the person behind so many modern war games like Rainbow 6, Ghost recon, End wars, H.A.W.X. and, of course, Splinter cell. He fascinated so many followers in term of military combat and epic undercover stories that to this day, his fan base is still growing and his books are still selling. I can picture a huge crowd of military nerds crying today.

Tom Clancy never had a military career but he was fascinated in the stories of soldiers and spies putting their lives on the front line or in the shadows hidden from historical records to the point he wanted to honor them in making non-fiction and science fiction novels. What must be noted about him is how he embraced new technology in story telling such as TV, cinema, board games and, like how many of us knew him, Video games. Many other conservative authors thought that video games were nothing but weak entertainment that diminish the author works for the sake of violence and cheap thrills. Tom Clancy, the stern republican he was, surprised us all and thought of the contrary. It is said he defended the notion that video game can be the next literacy narrative to his dying breath even though his involvement in the recent Ubisoft game was left uncleared.

So we salute you, Tom Clancy. May you share your epic war fictions among the angels and may your legacy always be remembered among us gamers.

Soldiers? You may start your salutes.
*starts the 21 guns salute*

You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he was a bit formulaic, Tom Clancy was pretty cool. It's sad to hear that he passed away.

But thanks to Mr. Caffeine, I can't not pronounce his name "Tom Calancy"
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences..

How long until the conspiracy theories crop up!?

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: