More Reviews
REVIEWS Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapph Review
In some way, Pokémon and the relationships they form with their trainers wind up teaching the player something completely different than what you might suspect.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Review
Batman and friends team up for another Lego adventure.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Silence: The Whispered World II Preview
With its absolutely gorgeous sequel, Daedalic aims to create a mid-range difficulty adventure title that will expand the genre to a larger audiences.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Release date: Out Now

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Release date: 12/02/14

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Release date: 12/16/14

Kalimba
Release date: 12/17/14

LATEST FEATURES Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals Buyer's Guide
Looking to score the most bang for your buck the day after Thanksgiving? Well look no further! Our Black Friday guide is just the tool you need.

With Two Paths to Walk This Fall, I Recommend Assassins Play AC Unity Over AC Rogue
For fans of this series, it'll be a decision based on hardware. For enthusiasts, returning to the brand's roots will prove enticing.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Xbox Downloads October 2014 - Updating Each Week
Microsoft's Xbox One console continues an Xbox Live revolution started over a decade ago. Here's hoping Summer of Arcade makes it to the platform next year.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oblivion437
Wish List for Fallout 4
By oblivion437
Posted on 11/24/14
So I promised that list and here it is.  It's late and it's not as thorough as I'd hoped.  I also wish I had images handy to illustrate every point where helpful.  So, in no particular order - a subjective set of desired features for Fallout 4: Things to...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What web browser are you using/is best?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piracer
immaculate dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: What web browser are you using/is best? Reply with quote

Ive been on Firefox basically since it came out, but ive noticed recently, especially after I got a new laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed on it, that the ole fox seems to crash more than it needs to.

What are you guys using? Anyone else notice if Firefox has indeed, been getting shitter? Or is it just windows 8 (which sucks anyway)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Chrome. It's pretty reliable, rarely if ever crashes, a lot less clutter than Firefox seems to have nowadays. Just a cleaner interface. An all around stable, nice, fast browser.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrome. Sync your browser between computer and mobile devices, log in to your browser anywhere.... etc.
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wwe-2k15-ps4-xone
drathbone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox crashes, IE sucks and Chrome is a resource hog. You take what you can get but I try to use Firefox since my laptop sucks and chrome really bogs me down.
HK-47
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox, it's always been good to me and hardly ever crashes.

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When has Firefox ever crashed?

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
When has Firefox ever crashed?

Your experience is not the same as everyone else's Razz.
used44

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Chrome having all my stuff across desktop and mobile, but I've tried the Chrome mobile browser and it sucks. Runs poorly, loads pages oddly, and has the buttons and features in locations I'm not used to.

I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my mobile.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the Chrome. Although It is definitely not the open source lightweight browser it was originally loved for.

Firefox has more vulnerability than chrome. The FBI even used these known vulnerabilities to take over a Anonymous node and had it auto run a script that took advantages of these vulnerabilities and revealed the IPs and locations of reporters, whistleblowers, undercover agents, and other people trying to protect themselves through anonymity.
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox on my desktop, Chrome on my iPad.

Firefox is fast and reliable, but in all fairness, I haven't really given Chrome much of a chance on PC. Maybe I should, because Firefox won't open some files, like .swf and sometimes PDFs.

I prefer Chrome to Safari on my iPad, even though neither are really that good. Both of them like to crash on me, but Chrome is faster and can recover some things from a crash.

Also, hey look! piracer.

o--(^-^)--o
piracer
immaculate dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i use safari on my iphone - using chrome seems a little pointless for me on that.

I sometimes use chrome when certain websites or files dont seem to work on firefox.

I feel like this stability thing might be caused by Windows 8 then. I have a pretty new laptop with 16 gigs of RAM, that i cant blame it on the hardware...

And yes, me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: