More Reviews
REVIEWS Hyrule Warriors Review
Link, Zelda, Impa, and more Hyrule heroes hit the battlefield in this Dynasty Warriors spin-off. Can it stand up to the brand’s history?

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super He Review
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes adds light RPG mechanics, builds on action, and uses Toy Box Mode to teach players.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Halo: The Master Chief Collectio Preview
Microsoft and 343 Industries want to bring the entire Halo saga to Xbox One and this collection does exactly that with new graphics for Halo 2.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES NIntendo Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
OK, so I didn't update before PAX and I may have missed one before that. Let's try this again!

Xbox Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Minecraft launches on Microsoft's next-generation console and buy a console, choose a free game.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Daily Manifesto
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Daily Manifesto Reply with quote

Obviously we have a daily structure for the Daily Manifesto and occasionally we'll put rants and opinions and such in there, but I've been wondering if we should make some changes. I'm just testing the waters with our most dedicated readers and I won't take everyone's opinion and run with it. Just thinking out loud.

Monday - New Video Games
Tuesday - Tell GameRevolution
Wednesday - The People Speak
Thursday - The Download
Friday - GameRevolution Radio

Now, some of these features are non-negotiable with regard to WHEN they run. But maybe you don't think they should run at all. Maybe GameRevolution Radio is better for Monday night or you think The People Speak is pointless and should die in a fire.

What do you think? How would you want the Daily Manifesto to evolve?
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The People Speak is dumb. It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

I wouldn't mind listening to this week's podcast while I drive to work instead of feeling like I'm a weekend behind.

Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
The People Speak is dumb. It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

I might actually get on it this week and for once it's not some Xbox One shitting comment.

Not that I care or anything.

I kinda do
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, GRRadio seems more like a middle of the week thing to me, and TPS should come at the end. Also, I'd move Tell GR to Monday so you could possibly use it for the podcast. That means either moving New Video Games to Tuesday, or doubling up on Monday and thinking of something new for Tuesdays.

Kinda threw your non-negotiable thing out the window, but that schedule makes more sense to me.

o--(^-^)--o
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green_Lantern wrote:
Not that I care or anything.

Which comment is it? Wield the power of the in-crowd forum goers to ensure your victory.
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
Kinda threw your non-negotiable thing out the window

Those were all hypotheticals. Thank you for your input Very Happy
danielrbischoff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

So the featuring of comments being focused on the most responded story would add some context, or posting the comment tree? I know some forum folks really hate the comments/The People Speak but I think it's evening out and I'd love to expand or improve on the original concept (which I basically ripped off).
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:

To quote the greatest erudite of the 20th century that is agent K: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"

Just because everyone in the room want to throw stones doesn't mean we have to glorify stoning. Much less give them a weekly spotlight. Heck, i'm just ashamed sometimes that the guy that claims the "Woman needs to stay out of the kitchen if she can't stand the fire" gets so many thumbs up AND gets featured on the front page for everyone to see. Wanna guess what type of crowd this attracts to GR? Not us.

Can we just remove the thumbs up system altogether?
You can't blame your desire to have a homoerotic orgy on pot.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Bretimus_v2 wrote:
It's usually out of context and inflammatory. I struggle to see the value. Now maybe top story from last week or lost responded story. Just not TPS.

So the featuring of comments being focused on the most responded story would add some context, or posting the comment tree? I know some forum folks really hate the comments/The People Speak but I think it's evening out and I'd love to expand or improve on the original concept (which I basically ripped off).

I say bring attention to the quality articles and the discussions that were had about it. Most of the time the top quote is something that brick Tamland would say in a eulogy for himself.

used44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TPS is no bueno. "Out of context" is an understatement.
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:

Seconded.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an "Editor's pick" instead? Like the GR staff can pick one of the top voted if you like or one that you simply agree with too!
daverabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
How about an "Editor's pick" instead? Like the GR staff can pick one of the top voted if you like or one that you simply agree with too!

I like this approach to it.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then they would have to do work. I would never wish for them to be submitted to that.
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TPS is good as in a sense of showing off the community, but it's terrible on how people get chosen. If you continue to show TPS reports, I would count the upvotes and subtracts the Guest upvotes or maybe like suggested below, let the editors of GR choose it. I wouldn't even let GR choose them, because of how the haiku were chosen during that podcast. I do like the suggestion of the GRRadio being midweek

Also, can we just ban BTS and all of his accounts? I'm not saying he spams GR with his YouTube videos everyday, but he has posted them numerous times. Although I ignore most of his comments and just downvote them, It's sad to see others can't really do that. Necrowolf is a cool person and hasn't been around much. I'm not blaming BTS, but that's probably a reason. And seeing how BTS made it on the community leaderboard is really sad to see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to visit the front page more often. It's been a loooooong time since I've been there for anything other than reviews/previews. And I almost never post comments, I mostly just thumbs-down Lien's.
Longo_2_guns

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UghRochester wrote:
Also, can we just ban BTS and all of his accounts? I'm not saying he spams GR with his YouTube videos everyday, but he has posted them numerous times. Although I ignore most of his comments and just downvote them, It's sad to see others can't really do that. Necrowolf is a cool person and hasn't been around much. I'm not blaming BTS, but that's probably a reason. And seeing how BTS made it on the community leaderboard is really sad to see.

The very fact that the people on the front page can't just ignore him says a lot about it.

That said, I agree. I once let my curiosity get the best of me and looked through his online history. He's been banned from every single website he's ever been on for doing the same stuff, so just cut him out already. I would've just done it by now, but I don't think banning him would make a difference for the Disqus stuff, and that's out of my jurisdiction anyway.
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
I need to visit the front page more often. It's been a loooooong time since I've been there for anything other than reviews/previews. And I almost never post comments, I mostly just thumbs-down Lien's.

IT WAS YOU!

used44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
The very fact that the people on the front page can't just ignore him says a lot about it.

This is perfect.
Green_Lantern
Spacecataz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this last TPS I'm officially over it...all it is is Microsoft shitting comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> GRandmasters All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: