More Reviews
REVIEWS The Last of Us Remastered Review
Sony and Naughty Dog have revisited the PlayStation 3 opus to bring an enhanced vision of the game to PlayStation 4, but should you return to Joel and Ellie’s story so soon?

God of War Collection (Vita) Review
God of War brings its PS2 heritage to Vita, and the results are more than a bit baffling.
More Previews
PREVIEWS UemeU Preview
Giving the power to the players to build the games they want to play, UemeU opens up the sandbox to a larger degree than previous games, with intuitive tools, cooperative building, and very few restrictions.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

MotoGP 14
Release date: 09/01/14

LATEST FEATURES Buy, Try, or Die: August 2014 Release List
Sacred 3, Disgaea 4, inFamous: First Light, Madden NFL 15—what will you Buy, what will you Try, and what needs to Die?

The Best Cosplay of Comic-Con 2014
Comic-Con is the premier convention for cosplayers, and we've got more than a hundred shots this year. Which are your favorites?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic PC Gaming.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mobius_Sean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Classic PC Gaming. Reply with quote

Been going through my collection and finding some historical artif-, er, favorite games from when I was a kid. Going to make this an ongoing thing. Feel free to add you own!

All of these are games I've owned since new. Unfortunately, my older sister liquidated a lot of great old 486-era boxes when she had my dad's house remodeled a few yeas ago, but manuals and games discs largely survive. (Still upset about losing my TFX flight simulator box. C:CD \TFX -> C:TFX\TFX.exe was the first DOS command I ever learned.)

Tonight's specimen, a dear favorite for this Star Citizen backer:

(Will use a better camera in the future.)
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing commander was ahead of his time. That's for sure. Know what else was ahead of his time?

Customizable civilization, evolving society based on your decisions, build it your self space fleet, fun turn base combat, diplomacy, war... and Doomsday device. What a game, what a game! This is truly a timeless game i tell you. Not like the games of today that is fun for 2 months then quickly forgotten after the next "hype" release.

Man i could just go on forever... so just pick on in this list and i'll make an essay on why it was so good. Go ahead, i dare you!
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in love with classic PC games. X-COM: UFO Defense, TES: Daggerfall, Dungeon Hack, Eye of the Beholder, Red Baron, X-Wing/TIE Fighter were all my go to games.

EDIT: Fuck yes, Master of Orion II. Man I spent hours on that game. Oh! Oh! And Freespace 2:

Mobius_Sean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an old Spectrum Holobyte point-and-click FMV adventure game for tomorrow. Need to track down the manual, but I saw it around here a few days ago. Which one? Have to wait and see!

And All Hail MoO!
Mobius_Sean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjim2000 wrote:
I'm still in love with classic PC games. X-COM: UFO Defense, TES: Daggerfall, Dungeon Hack, Eye of the Beholder, Red Baron, X-Wing/TIE Fighter were all my go to games.

EDIT: Fuck yes, Master of Orion II. Man I spent hours on that game. Oh! Oh! And Freespace 2:

Freespace 1 is one of the games I still have the box for. I'm gonna do whole write-ups on some games, and it and the Homeworld series will prolly be my longest entries.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would not believe how many hours i've spent on Master of Orion 2, and subsequently just how much i would pay for a sort of ur-quan masters style remake of it.

Also, Uplink

BarackObama,Putin,DavidCameron,XiJinpingAndseveralothers wrote:
Song of the year, every year.
Sourdeez
Does it use DX12?!?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember uplink. Really good game.

I bet it would translate well to a touch screen tablet.
cyberjim2000
Forum Bum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think would too though I much rather see an Uplink game built from the ground up with touch screen in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: