More Reviews
REVIEWS Neverending Nightmares (Vita) Review
The nightmare of playing Neverending Nightmares is neverending.

Battleborn Review
It's half-Borderlands, half-MOBA, half-something-else-entirely.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Gears of War 4 Preview
"Yank and Shank" is strangely more satisfying than a chainsaw bayonet to the face.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Doom
Release date: 05/13/16

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
Release date: 05/24/16

LATEST FEATURES Xbox One Release Calendar - May 2016
Battleborn, DOOM, Homefront: The Revolution, Overwatch, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

PlayStation 4 Release Calendar - May 2016
Battleborn, Uncharted 4, DOOM, Homefront: The Revolution, Overwatch, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Ivory_Soul
Windows 10 Review for Dummies
By Ivory_Soul
Posted on 08/11/15
After all these years, and growing up with Windows 3.1, I have seen an entire evolution of computers and software. Touch screens and large resolutions were a pipe dream just 15 years ago. Now it's the norm. Going from a Packard Bell (yes, before HP) that couldn't run 3D Ultra Mini...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sony, I hate your controllers.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Sony, I hate your controllers. Reply with quote

I have gone through 2 PS3 controllers and 1 unofficial PS3 contoller.

1st PS3 controller acts like it's possessed, 2nd one won't charge, unofficial one needs a USB stick to work and I lost it. Controllers aren't cheap either....

Meanwhile my SNES controllers work just fine.

Fuck you Sony.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. How the hell?

I've had my original PS3 controllers since the day I got my first PS3 console (back in early 2008) and they still work just fine. My two dual shocks which I got in 2010 also work fine. So... four official Sony controllers, all working good.

One of my USB charging cables has unfortunately crapped itself though so one cable is down.

You're right though, those controllers are so Goddamn expensive. Maybe I just got lucky.

I quite like the PS4 controller though. Feels more comfortable than the PS3.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
De-Ting
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any trouble like that with the controllers, but I've had a ton of trouble with the consoles themselves, so I feel ya.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My controller I got with my PS3 still works fine but the one I bought crapped out on me. I have to get a new one since my fighter games are useless without local versus (screw online).

I dunno, maybe it's a Canadian thing.
madster111
The Original Pie Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only PS3 controller i had die randomly glitched inputs so i smashed it to pieces and used my old one.

I think the new PS3 controllers are crap, like they got unreliable throughout production because all the old PS3 controllers (from launch models to 2010ish) i've seen work fine.

Could be worse, though. They could be using the weak, useless crap that is MicroUSB.
Thanks for that with the PS4, sony. I'm sure using the standard hated by everybody with a 1year+ old phone was an excellent long term reliability idea.
StudioTan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
I think the new PS3 controllers are crap, like they got unreliable throughout production because all the old PS3 controllers (from launch models to 2010ish) i've seen work fine.

Agreed.

My Sixaxis controller that came with my original fat PS3 still works, although I swear it has half the battery life as it had initially.

I bought a red 'GoW' styled controller that also still works, but I had to shelve it because the square and triangle buttons stopped registering inputs unless I mashed them really hard.

Then, I bought a digital camo controller, but the right joystick is now broken from all the 'R3' clicking; it just stays depressed and won't pop back into its original position.
So, I bought another digital camo controller. I just like the way it looks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one. I take rather good care of all my controllers. I've never thrown or dropped them onto the floor. I may be a culprit of gripping hard and mashing all the buttons too vigorously, but that's just how I play. And, as Wes mentioned, my SNES controllers have suffered my wrath through the years and they're still holding up well.
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disassemble and clean the housing on mine cuz kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Sony All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: