More Reviews
REVIEWS Dark Souls II: Crown of the Sunk Review
I was confident in my Dark Souls abilities. Then From Software released new Dark Souls II DLC.

The Swapper Review
One of 2013's best indie games swaps its way to Sony platforms.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: 08/19/14

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: 08/19/14

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14


LATEST FEATURES Interview: Forging the Rings of Power in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Tolkien fans may now either squeal with glee at getting to play interactive fanfiction... or condemn it to the watery grave of Numenor.

How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.
 
Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP oneshotstop
Call of Duty will never be the same
By oneshotstop
Posted on 07/28/14
       We've all been there. Everyone remembers that mission. You and your partner are climbing up the mountains in the snow, striving to pull some slick clandestine operation about getting some intel on a bad guy, or something similar (because let's face...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grand Theft Auto V is our forum GOTY 2013!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around


Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 6870

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-Ting wrote:
UghRochester wrote:
Lien wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
GTA 5 on PC? Shirley you can't be serious.

Sure i am... and yeah you are right, i can't change my name to serious!
Wicked, don't call him Shirley

But he just said his name is Shirley.

We all got a little Shirley in us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 6074

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current tally is 5-11 GTA V

Am I counting wrong?

Yo Tomb Raider... Imma let you finish dog, but GTA V was the highest grossing game of all time.


_________________
Shaft wrote:
I let her come up with the safe word...thats about it

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15752

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records

Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

So can we please stop with the "i'm too cool to like a mainstream game". Take it to Starbucks hipsters.

Well shit, I didn't know that Fifty Shades of Grey was the best book ever written. I mean, it must be, since it's both the fastest and the best selling book of all time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 6074

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was spent to make 50 shades, vs what it took in?
_________________
Shaft wrote:
I let her come up with the safe word...thats about it

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madster111 wrote:
i can't be a cute little girl who kills easier than a 3-tour veteran and takes hits better than most anime mechs.

I say we make Madster's dream of becoming a woman a reality! Who's ready to start the Kickstarter campaign?
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
used44



Joined: 08 Mar 2002
Posts: 20699

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
How much was spent to make 50 shades, vs what it took in?


Not sure I get the point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6561

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all may not have voted for Injustice but it still found its way into the finale.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wes



Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 2713

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Wes wrote:
GTA V made 800 million in it's first 24 hours and broke 7 Guinness World Records

Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

So can we please stop with the "i'm too cool to like a mainstream game". Take it to Starbucks hipsters.

Well shit, I didn't know that Fifty Shades of Grey was the best book ever written. I mean, it must be, since it's both the fastest and the best selling book of all time.


We're gamers, this is a gaming forum, and we were all excited like little school girls when GTA 5 was released. If you need to try to form your own identity by hating the things people enjoy then that identity has already been taken and labelled as "hipster".

The fact that you would bring 50 Shades of Grey into this is hilarious. Who at GR gives a shit about books? The only book discussion in this place is on comic books... Comic book movies. Or were you just looking for the highest grossing whatever to try to look smart and that's the best you could do?

You obviously hate whatever is popular just like the majority of this place. Yet you fail to understand why these things are popular because you're so self absorbed that you are incapable of looking at things from the other perspective.
_________________
Life is not a predetermined path but a branch of many choices that make us who we are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15752

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
The fact that you would bring 50 Shades of Grey into this is hilarious. Who at GR gives a shit about books? The only book discussion in this place is on comic books... Comic book movies. Or were you just looking for the highest grossing whatever to try to look smart and that's the best you could do?

No, I brought it up because it's the fastest selling book of all time, and it's generally regarded to be pretty much crap. The point I'm making is that the idea that just because something is popular automatically makes it the best is just as stupid as not liking something just because it's popular. Popularity and quality don't always have a lot to do with each other.

I could have used Call of Duty for this too, but that example is played out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 6074

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used44 wrote:
UrbanMasque wrote:
How much was spent to make 50 shades, vs what it took in?


Not sure I get the point


Investment in production quality and content development and replayability (in time and cost) vs. what it hauled in.


50 shades of grey trilogy took 18 months to make in its entirety (by a first time novelist)
_________________
Shaft wrote:
I let her come up with the safe word...thats about it

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6561

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have an idea.

Urban stand up against the wall, Lethean stand beside him. Now i'm gonna draw a line about 10 feet in front of you. The person who can piss that far first wins.
_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used, just let this go on forever. Never decide a winner.





_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 6074

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WickedLiquid wrote:
Ok I have an idea.

Urban stand up against the wall, Lethean stand beside him. Now i'm gonna draw a line about 10 feet in front of you. The person who can piss that far first wins.



_________________
Shaft wrote:
I let her come up with the safe word...thats about it

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3620

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanMasque wrote:
WickedLiquid wrote:
Ok I have an idea.

Urban stand up against the wall, Lethean stand beside him. Now i'm gonna draw a line about 10 feet in front of you. The person who can piss that far first wins.



hahahaha
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've avoided assassinations, lead a grand military campaign, and ruled a mighty kingdom. Then I was killed by chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
danielrbischoff



Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 8871

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha.

Stepped in that one there, WL.
_________________
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/watch-dogs
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/gr-strips-14-by-a-nose-25991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WickedLiquid
In Limbo


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 6561

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Lethean wrote:
I'm just going to ban everyone for 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1432

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielrbischoff wrote:
Used, just let this go on forever. Never decide a winner.






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g - Now in video with sound.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3620

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if i should be laughing or be sad to see the comments under that video has been turned off.
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've avoided assassinations, lead a grand military campaign, and ruled a mighty kingdom. Then I was killed by chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1432

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Hah! I didn't even realise that! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR


Joined: 27 Jan 2001
Posts: 16033

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
GTAV

Because Lethean never bothered to show up again.


Yeah sorry. Family emergency.

Tomb Raider.
_________________
Optimus-Crime wrote:
it's fucking Canada and who wants to live in the badlands but space rebels, pirates and vikings..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum