More Reviews
REVIEWS Wayward Manor Review
Not even the power of Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentlemen could save this game from a fate worse than death: a terrible score.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red Review
"Unlimited World Red"? More like "Sorta Limited Town and Extended Areas... Red. And Blue. And Some Yellow."
More Previews
PREVIEWS Pillars of Eternity Preview
For Obsidian's crowdfunded love letter to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, I was impressed by its willingness to pull back the curtain and let me see the machinery behind it.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Sacred 3
Release date: 08/05/14

CounterSpy
Release date: 08/19/14

Tales of Xillia 2

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

LATEST FEATURES How Bioware Creates Romances
Bioware's games have romances where you might save the world, on the side of course.

We Absolutely Should Be Upset With Club Nintendo's Latest Elite Rewards
Surveys out the wazoo and I get a code for Dr. Luigi?
MOST POPULAR FEATURES Picking Your Gender: 5 Industry Professionals Discuss Queer Identity in Gaming
Women from Naughty Dog, ArenaNet, Harmonix, and Gamespot unite to talk about what they want from games in terms of diversity.

Coming Soon

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP Kakulukia
Why Sunset Overdrive Can Go Suck A Lemon
By Kakulukia
Posted on 07/14/14
Yesterday, while cleaning up my media center, I found my copy of Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, which I bought sometime before Christmas last year. I had been pretty excited about this game pre-release, what with it being the first "traditional", albeit shorter than usual,...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Get a Write On. [Editable title: Syndicate]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Get a Write On. [Editable title: Syndicate] Reply with quote

Light began to seep through a window stained by years of neglect and unusually high levels of humidity. That, and a small hole in the ceiling through which occasional raindrops and unfortunate morsels of edibles fell, was the only apparent vulnerability of the haven.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Lethean
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light and humidity had yellowed the walls adorned with rustic, Victorian influenced wallpaper. The air was musty and dust gathered on the abandoned oak furniture.
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was clear that MC Hammer's home was indeed a retail estate agent's worst nightmare, for nobody had lived there since he became bankrupt. If you listen closely you can still hear "hammer time" echo through the barren, dusty and humid room that was once used to store parachute pants.
Lethean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When first approached to sell the house of none other than MC Hammer, after seeing the deplorable condition of the room, the agent thought to herself "I can't touch this...because surely no one else will want to."
UrbanMasque
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The agent immediately remembered that the property value of the house would increase by 15%, simply because a minority was leaving the neighborhood. She smiled devilishly to herself.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
Sightless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dramatic increase in value was tempting, tempting enough to draw her in to touch it, barely and briefly.

From between the imprint of parachute pants and over-scratched records, she was observed.
I sprinkle sand into the waters of night. The grains burn as they fall, reminding me of another in times long passed away. I watched him even then as he fell, his face undefeated, his eyes still proud.
Paradox
Up for group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nooo...", a voice behind her whispered. She spun around to see pants rustle and a tarnished Grammy roll across the floor but could see no one. Again, the whispered voice, this time from above, "...U can't touch that...". She gazed up, but only saw a swinging chandelier.
Lethean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Could it be?" She thought to herself. "Could it be that the dead career of MC Hammer is reaching out to me?"

No sooner had she thought this did a chill run down her spine. The old grandfather clock (because every creepy house has one) struck 12. All of a sudden she heard an ominous, soft whisper speak: "Stop! Do you hear the time? It's...Hammer time!"

The agent let out a shrill scream of terror, dropped her file and started running out of the room...

Last edited by Lethean on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly the walls screamed "Yo VIP, let's kick it!". A loud thud of bass filled the room bumping out the tune Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie.

....Only it wasn't Under Pressure, it was something worse... Much worse... This became abundantly clear when the voice told her to stop, collaborate, and listen.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dry ice started to fill the room...creating a foggy atmosphere. She started to back-up closer and closer to the front door.

She reached out her hand for the handle and grabbed it. "Hmm? It's loose?" She asked herself. Familiar chords started to echo the room whilst she started to hear voices. "Ice...Ice...Baby.......Ice...Ice...Baby......", she looked down in her hand to find an ice pick instead of a door handle...
bananable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it was too cold, too cold.
Sightless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before she could comprehend what had just happened, a formless force fiercely grabbed hold of her and bound her tightly. She was paralyzed, a scream caught in her throat, and a terrifying thought blazed through her that this would never stop.
UghRochester
Fattest Jedi Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In relief, it finally stopped. "Silence at last, but was it just a dream or reality?" she pondered as she was tying her shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She paused, mid-loop. "...When did I put on my running shoes?" She was sure she'd been in heels -- the suede half-heels that she liked so much for complementing her dress so well. It was a bit late in the season for a dress, but she secretly liked to cling to summer as long as she possibly could, even when constant rainfall threatened to force a cold onto her.

As the memories of warm sushine on her skin sensitized her, she became increasingly aware of the silence. It was... too quiet. Her ears perked up, trying to pick out a single sound on which to focus and anchor herself, but all she could detect was the eerily arhythmic beating of her heart.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lub-dub...lub-dub...the sound of her heart was as strong a ever. She started to think hard about simple things. What was her name? Where did she live? What the fuck was she even doing here?!

She doesn't remember! She let out a sigh which echoed greatly until suddenly...a voice!
"Hey there, honey! Please subscribe to h.ttp://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester!"

"Who is that?!" The lady turned around clutching her bag in fearful anticipation to see a shadow. The figure came into the light...
Formerly Known as Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a chubby man dressed as Batman, his long hair flowing out from his cowl, and his belt struggling noticeably to stay buckled.

His boots squeaked as he stepped toward her. She flinched as he shot his arm out from under his cape. He was holding something. Something he wanted her to have.

o--(^-^)--o
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a guide to 90's one-hit wonders. Complete with song lyrics to Ice Ice Baby and Can't Touch This.

"Wha... Why have you given me this?" The lady asked confised and disoriented, flipping through the pages of cringe-worthy rappers.

"BAH-HAB-BAB-BUR!" Batman mumbled angrily.
C_nate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to page 86.

oh wait, wrong forum game...
Sightless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...What?"

"Go to page 86!"

"Wh--... I--... I'm not in some freaking Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, for chrissakes! And just who the hell are you?"

Frustrated, Batman grabbed the awkwardly sized book and found the page himself. "There!" he said, jabbing his index finger onto the middle of the page and bringing it up close to the woman's face. He breathed excitedly. "See!?"
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Batman was speaking something cohesive and his angry muttering he used to disguise his voice stopped. The woman thought this superhero was a little peculiar as he struggled to pull his latex pants up. But now wasn't the time to worry about the caped crusader.

She looked at page 86 and to her horror she discovered why nobody had lived here since MC Hammer... It's because the Hammer man never left....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: