More Reviews
REVIEWS Astro A38 Wireless Headset Review
With the launch of the A38s, Astro has clearly shown that they can rock our eardrums off even if we aren’t sitting in our living rooms.

Destiny Review
With Bungie's leap to next-generation platforms and interstellar space closer to home, I wonder if E.T. is out there somewhere.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Skylanders Trap Team Preview
While younger gamers have flocked to the brand, more mature consumers remain reluctant to jump on board. Skylanders move forward with trappable enemies, though I doubt it’ll turn stubborn heads.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

Alien: Isolation
Release date: 10/07/14

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Release date: 10/14/14

The Evil Within
Release date: 10/14/14

LATEST FEATURES Assassin's Creed Unity Interview: Ubisoft Talks Multplayer, Next-Gen Development, More
Ubisoft's first "truly" next-gen entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise takes the fight to France. Here's what you can expect.

PlayStation Download September 2014 - Updating Each Week
Sony's platforms always get plenty of new digital software and we'll bring you the list each week with the rest.
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP shandog137
A Letter to the Big “N"
By shandog137
Posted on 09/12/14
I have and will continue to have a place in my heart for Nintendo. In fact, my first console was a Super Nintendo. The video game market has changed drastically since the early '90s and it seems like what once was platinum is more so along the lines of silver now. Nintendo has always been...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Which Final Fantasy do you think is best? (Main series only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretimus_v2
The Japazillian Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't doubt that 10 has the highest completion rate. It was a lot more linear and had fewer lulls. Also, Auron is amazing. Just sayin.

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to play 9. I've had the discs for some eight years now. Just never got around to it.
Big Fat Poo Head Who Ignores GR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having only played 10 for like 120 hours and 7 for 45 minutes, I have to say 10.

Actually I shouldn't even be weighing in with that little experience.
LinksOcarina
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
I still need to play 9. I've had the discs for some eight years now. Just never got around to it.

Its one of the better ones, for sure.
Don't Feed Him

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 was great, but the story starts getting really complicated. Loved the battle system and the card game though.

De-Ting wrote:
One-on-one brings out the true nazi in people.

WickedLiquid wrote:
Today I got a restraining order from John Stamos.
HK-47
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretimus_v2 wrote:
I wouldn't doubt that 10 has the highest completion rate. It was a lot more linear and had fewer lulls. Also, Auron is amazing. Just sayin.

And you'll reach a point before completing the game where you can just steamroll the last few bosses, mainly when one completes a character's sphere grid.
How can one not agree on Auron? The guy's a total badass.

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Oh yeah. I remember watching my cousin try and take on Jecht at the end of the game and getting absolutely destroyed, so I was all "oh noez" and decided to level up and grind and prepare myself for Jecht.

I beat him in two hits. Form one was taken out in one hit, Jecht draws his sword, then the fight was over once I hit him again.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
HK-47
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That end-game fight was comically easy compared to the midgame beast of Yunalesca. Leveling truly does the trick for X in the most amazing way but no way to easily grind levels in the midgame that I knew of. (Not that it'd do much if she just threw three sheets to the wind and did her cheap ass moves)

I just took out chunks of his HP with each attack and with heals I was perfectly fine for survival. Nothing he did put the team in danger and never felt that I was close to losing despite how tense that fight felt. End-game bosses of that grandeur regardless of difficulty always make me tense up.

This reminds me of Final Fantasy III, which is third after IV and X but that one's end-game trumps IV and X for balls to the wall brutal groin punching. Horribly intense because an all-party death meant you start the gauntlet from dungeon's start to end from the beginning. I swear it was at least 5 bosses and the random encounters with dragons were mini-bosses. And finite Phoenix Downs, just in case your character who resurrects people dies.

Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Oh man... Yunalesca. I reckon next to the Dark Aeons, she's the hardest boss. I had to grind/level up for a while and get the 'Holy' skill for Yuna. Even then it wasn't enough, I had to do just a bit more to get her.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
kingg5
A True Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally thought Yunalesca wasn't that hard. I usually die once or twice fighting her. Now Fighting seymor on Mount Gagazet was so freaking hard
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That's what I remember most. The fucking grinding I had to do to beat that guy.

Yunalesca I don't even remember.
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingg5 wrote:
I personally thought Yunalesca wasn't that hard. I usually die once or twice fighting her. Now Fighting seymor on Mount Gagazet was so freaking hard

Each death meant another 5 minutes of cutscenes and more careful management of zombie status for the entry into Tier 3: Mega Death.

Actually don't remember much before her or the boss battle before her, mostly for putting the game on hold for over a year and returning it to after Yunalesca.

That Seymor battle on Mount Gagazet, was that with that Mortimer thing? Where you had to take out Seymor and something that he synthesized with? And every time you do enough damage one or the other would take HP from the other to recover and prolong the fight?

Master_Craig wrote:
^ Oh man... Yunalesca. I reckon next to the Dark Aeons, she's the hardest boss. I had to grind/level up for a while and get the 'Holy' skill for Yuna. Even then it wasn't enough, I had to do just a bit more to get her.

Not too sure if I had holy but did it help a lot in killing her? And it was brutal not being able to heal when your characters are zombies. If you cure them then it just increases the chances of her using Mega Death and killing them anyway.

Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I think it was the boss fight that was straight after Yunalesca where Holy was required/extremely helpful? And by having Holy, you should have the stats to take on Yunalesca?

Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my first try with Yunalesca I just invested in a set of death-proof armor. I think that was the harder way of doing it.
Mr. Manga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat yunalesca recently after buying the remastered edition and i over leveled for her killed her pretty easily holy helped a lot and i kept 2 party members in zombie with yuna casting holy
HK-47
You are all meatbags

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I didn't have the patience to grind then, and wasn't she in an area that was right after some puzzles? Could you go back through a teleport and then teleport right back in, skip the puzzles and go straight to the boss fight?

Master_Craig wrote:
^ I think it was the boss fight that was straight after Yunalesca where Holy was required/extremely helpful? And by having Holy, you should have the stats to take on Yunalesca?

Then I must have been a few spheres short of Holy and slugged it out with whatever I had. Know Lulu and Auron were the heavy hitters in the fight.

Longo_2_guns wrote:
After my first try with Yunalesca I just invested in a set of death-proof armor. I think that was the harder way of doing it.

Didn't even know you could get a set of death-proof armor. If I had that, the fight would have been cake at the third round. Would have been a mountain thing; a trudge up one way and a sled ride down the other. Definitely the hard way if you had to grind the fusables for the upgrade.

StudioTan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 here, but probably because it was my first.
I never finished 8, I got hung up on this guy and gave up:

Of course, this was a long time ago and I may not have really known what I was doing.
MattAY
Posh B**tard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah GF Cerberus. He was optional haha. But I did the same thing first time!

He has Expend 3x1 though, and that shit is important for triple spells.
The Anti-Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Tonberry King was better. And tougher to get.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optional?! Hahahaha after all this time......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> General Gaming Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: