More Reviews
REVIEWS CounterSpy Review
Your operative is tasked with infiltrating both sides of nuclear war. Can CounterSpy finish the mission in time for your PSN credit?

Akiba's Trip Review
Here's a game where you must trip vampires of their clothes. Oh goodness...
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Tales of Xillia 2
Release date: Out Now

Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Release date: Out Now

Madden NFL 15
Release date: 08/26/14

Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14


LATEST FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Nom Nom Galaxy

The Best Upcoming Racing Games of 2014
You've probably only heard of Sony's exclusive Driveclub and Microsoft's exclusive Forza Horizon 2, but don't forget about a few others.

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP KevinS
RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)
By KevinS
Posted on 08/14/14
Robin Williams (1951-2014) Robin Williams was an absolutely exceptional comedian, talented actor, and holder of a special place in video game history: He was the first really famous gamer I know of. I’m sure there were others, but they kept a comparatively low profile, unlike one...

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Steam Summer Sale 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15854

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the New Vegas Ultimate Edition. It's an entirely separate game, but it's absolutely fantastic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3516

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longo_2_guns wrote:
Get the New Vegas Ultimate Edition. It's an entirely separate game, but it's absolutely fantastic.



so i dont need fallout 3 vanilla to play new vegas? i don't have it on steam, so i'm assuming i either played it on PS3, or actually bought a physical copy when i originally played it. i don't even remember. more than likely bought a physical copy.
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15854

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are two different games. So if you don't have Fallout 3 it's no big deal.

I also know from experience New Vegas doesn't need a good computer to run it. So that's nice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
intoTheRain
Doesnt Like to Get Wet


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3516

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Bought it, I didn't even know it was a standalone game. Damn. Would have bought it a long time ago. Pretty excited.
_________________
The above statement is true
The below statement is false
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3639

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't people buying samurai warrior and talking about how awesome it is already, darn it!
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've avoided assassinations, lead a grand military campaign, and ruled a mighty kingdom. Then I was killed by chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drathbone



Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
FTL is a really fun game. If i knew what your Steam ID is, drath, I'd get it for ya. I really want more people to enjoy that game!


Man I'd really appreciate that, I've been spending money I prob shouldn't have lol. I'd get you back someday!!!

edit: apparently I Have no idea what steam ID is and when I google it it's a bunch of websites telling me to put in some custom URL


Last edited by drathbone on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattAY
Posh B**tard


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 12223

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God Rain, I'm so jealous youre playing that game for the first time right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
drathbone



Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intoTheRain wrote:
havent played fallout 3 in ages. i loved it. have not played any DLC/new vegas whatever for it at all. is it worth it? is it a lot of extra content? will pick up if worth it


New Vegas is a whole new game and 100% worth $7 for the Ultimate Edition. In addition to being a entirely new game, they improved upon just about everything in Fallout 3.

I bought the GOTY version of F3 after it came out just for the DLC and I put a lot of hours into them. For $5 on Steam, if you really enjoyed it, I'd get it. Otherwise just get New Vegas since it's an entire separate game by itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3156

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drathbone wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:
havent played fallout 3 in ages. i loved it. have not played any DLC/new vegas whatever for it at all. is it worth it? is it a lot of extra content? will pick up if worth it


New Vegas is a whole new game and 100% worth $7 for the Ultimate Edition. In addition to being a entirely new game, they improved upon just about everything in Fallout 3.

I bought the GOTY version of F3 after it came out just for the DLC and I put a lot of hours into them. For $5 on Steam, if you really enjoyed it, I'd get it. Otherwise just get New Vegas since it's an entire separate game by itself.


One more time, if I bought Fallout: New Vegas, do I need Fallout 3 or can I just save the $5 and buy something else?
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3639

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need fallout 3 to play new vegas. They are two separate games. My personal opinion is to get new Vegas before fallout 3 but not because one is better (both are fun!), but because one is a better introduction to the world then the other. So yeah, save that 5 dollar.


And what's your Steam name again?
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've avoided assassinations, lead a grand military campaign, and ruled a mighty kingdom. Then I was killed by chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickKmet
I Eat Granola Bars


Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 3242

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 wrote:
drathbone wrote:
intoTheRain wrote:
havent played fallout 3 in ages. i loved it. have not played any DLC/new vegas whatever for it at all. is it worth it? is it a lot of extra content? will pick up if worth it


New Vegas is a whole new game and 100% worth $7 for the Ultimate Edition. In addition to being a entirely new game, they improved upon just about everything in Fallout 3.

I bought the GOTY version of F3 after it came out just for the DLC and I put a lot of hours into them. For $5 on Steam, if you really enjoyed it, I'd get it. Otherwise just get New Vegas since it's an entire separate game by itself.


One more time, if I bought Fallout: New Vegas, do I need Fallout 3 or can I just save the $5 and buy something else?


You don't need Fallout 3 to play New Vegas. Completely different games, each stands alone.
_________________
Kapow wrote:
daylight savings time was introduced under a democratic congress. pretty clear that this is part of the liberal global warming farce, if we are extending daylight hours, of course temperatures will rise, THERES MORE DAYLIGHT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HK-47
You are all meatbags


Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 3156

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
You do not need fallout 3 to play new vegas. They are two separate games. My personal opinion is to get new Vegas before fallout 3 but not because one is better (both are fun!), but because one is a better introduction to the world then the other. So yeah, save that 5 dollar.


And what's your Steam name again?


Thanks again, was thinking if I should buy Fallout 3 GOTY even though I have Fallout: New Vegas or if I should just stick with New Vegas and keep the $5.
Going with the past few days, that five dollars would be gone by the steam mugger.

Amperstealth, way too many Ampersands on Steam.
_________________
St HK, Boondock Saint
thetank score: 2660

Juggernaut, Hunter of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
C_nate



Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 656

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the spare time and the spare cash, I'd get them both. I've actually just played through Fallout 3 again not too long ago and it surprised me because I saw a bunch of things I didn't see the first time around due to me playing through a different way. It's just as good now as it used to be. And there is one part that still gets to me every time...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1530

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Fallout 3 but I already have it... quick question though, how do I play Fallout 3 on Windows 7? :/
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lien
Die Hard Commie Bastard


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3639

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it even says on the steam page that Fallout 3 has difficulties running on win 7. I believe you need like an unofficial patch to fix that. Check fallout nexus!
_________________
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8223820288/h62506323/
cyberjim2000 wrote:
I've avoided assassinations, lead a grand military campaign, and ruled a mighty kingdom. Then I was killed by chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1530

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Good call, Lien. Completely forgot about Nexus. Cheers man!
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
C_nate



Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 656

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem at first of the game crashing all the time. I did these two steps and have not had any problems since.

#1. Go to the ini file and scroll down until you find BUSEThreadedAI=0 then change that 0 to a 1 like this
BUSEThreadedAI=1
Then,under that add a text saying
INumHWThreads=2
then save then exit

In game, go to options and turn off all three auto save options. Only save the game manually and only as a new save each time. Don't overwrite old ones.

Doing those things, everything was fine for my playthrough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures


Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1530

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a shot next time I give Fallout 3 a crack. Thanks C_nate. Smile
_________________
Check out GameRevolution's weekly web comic "GR Strips" - http://www.gamerevolution.com/comics/

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longo_2_guns
Ruler of the Queen's Navy


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 15854

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lien wrote:
Why aren't people buying samurai warrior and talking about how awesome it is already, darn it!

Because it's still eight bucks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guan_Yu
I live in a giant bucket )))-:


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3435

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 wrote:
Lien wrote:
You do not need fallout 3 to play new vegas. They are two separate games. My personal opinion is to get new Vegas before fallout 3 but not because one is better (both are fun!), but because one is a better introduction to the world then the other. So yeah, save that 5 dollar.


And what's your Steam name again?


Thanks again, was thinking if I should buy Fallout 3 GOTY even though I have Fallout: New Vegas or if I should just stick with New Vegas and keep the $5.
Going with the past few days, that five dollars would be gone by the steam mugger.

Amperstealth, way too many Ampersands on Steam.


I loved Fallout 3 when it first came out. That being said, I tried to play it again after New Vegas and it just wouldn't happen. New Vegas is just the better game. So if you get 3 be sure to play it first, otherwise don't bother. I would say don't bother and save your money.
_________________
malakian wrote:
Personally, I think {opinion deleted by admins}

God shave the queen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum