More Reviews
REVIEWS Firefall Review
Repetitive gameplay makes this fall a little boring.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Review
At this point, you’re not coming back for the zombies. Let’s get down to business.
More Previews
PREVIEWS Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Preview
Put up some movie glasses, because Geometry Wars is entering the third dimension.
Release Dates
NEW RELEASES Destiny
Release date: 09/09/14

FIFA 15
Release date: 09/23/14

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Release date: 09/23/14

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Release date: 09/30/14

LATEST FEATURES And I Was All "Hell Yeah I'll Play a New Dreamcast Game"
I just played a Dreamcast game that was released in... wait, 2014?

A Comprehensive Guide to Dealing with Controversy in the Video Game Industry
Need help wading through the latest misogyny/homophobia/racism/corruption debate in the gaming industry? Paul Tamburro’s here to help!
MOST POPULAR FEATURES The Updating List of PAX Indies
We're heading to PAX Prime! Are you looking to check out a few unique indie games while you're there? UPDATED: Dragon Fin Soup, Dungeon of the Endless,

LEADERBOARD
Read More Member Blogs
FEATURED VOXPOP samsmith614 Since game design is a business, I decided to see what's really selling well for the PS4. I did this search a week ago, and at the time, out of the top 20 bestsellers on Amazon 10 had not even been released yet. By now some have been released. But others still have not. And yet others...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Opinions on Zelda U's direction?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrodsmrs51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Opinions on Zelda U's direction? Reply with quote

Alright, I wanted to hear what other fans of the series thinks about the idea of doing things in the game in any order you feel like. This has been done in more of the old school Zelda games and was most recently experimented in A Link Between Worlds and I really enjoyed the freedom of it, BUT I had one major issue.

With everything being done in random order, the game doesn't really increase in difficulty. I love that in most games, it gets more challenging as you go on. I found that the dungeon/bosses in the beginning of ALBW were as challenging as the ones at the end. Could you imagine if the Deku tree was as easy or as hard as the Water temple?

I also really enjoy finding a weapon in a dungeon and having to use it throughout that dungeon. I found that in ALBW there were a couple of items that I literally never used.

I'm not bashing the game BTW. It was one of my favorite games I've played in a while. I love the idea of choosing where you go next and having a more open world. I just think maybe a couple things can be tweeked.

All in all, I just wanted to get your opinions on some of the points I made and what direction you would like Zelda U to go in.

Ps. Sorry if this topic has been done before. I'm new to the forums.
Master_Craig
i liek to draw pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the 3Ds, but I wasn't so sure about how it worked... being able to visit any temple you like was a strange feeling to me and being able to "rent" items... I dunno. I preferred finding items in specific dungeons. Maybe I prefer a linear path, but yeah...

As for Zelda on the Wii U, I'm really looking forward to it. As Shigeru Miyamoto has commented, the Wii U version of Zelda shouldn't be thought of as "open world", but more so "vast". I can't wait to see what they can offer us.

Maybe you could totally also check out my web comic "Reckless Abandon" - http://racomic.blogspot.com.au
WickedLiquid
In Limbo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all nothing should ever be as hard as the water temple, lol.

I'm kind of excited to an open world since everyone's experience will be unique and different. I'm not sure if dungeons will be accessible in any order, since like you said that would be too easy. Perhaps the dungeons will be done in a Mega Man style where you can pick any level but it would be easier if done in a certain order. And the powerups you collect in Mega Man would be like the weapons/items you get in Zelda where some of them would be needed in order to advance in other dungeons?

I dunno. But I think as Craig put it, the term open world doesn't mean do any dungeon you want. In Grand Theft Auto you have to do the story missions in order and that series defined open-world gameplay.

We'll have to wait and see but right now I'm excited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game Revolution Forum Index -> Nintendo All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: